40 Problem-Solution Essay Topics to Help You Get Started
When writing an essay, the first problem you might face is deciding on what topic to choose , which is pretty ironic if you’re writing a problem-solution essay.
The way out of that dilemma is to choose an issue that you’re really passionate about. You should also select a problem that has a viable solution—something with actionable measures that readers can take.
If you’re still stumped for ideas, then take heart. In this blog post, I offer 40 problem-solution essay topics to help you get started. Each topic will include links to sample essays to give you more ideas.
In each example, I present specific problems broken down by the issues of today (political, social, environmental, etc.) and ask questions that will help you consider different ideas on how they might be solved.
Each problem-solution topic I present offers broad possibilities, so you’ll have to do the important work of hunting down the facts and examples to provide specific solutions.
Ready? Let’s get started!
Problem-Solution Essay Topics—Social Problems
If you look around, you’ll see social problems that affect society every day. There are plenty of problems, even on your own campus, that need to be resolved.
Proposing solutions to social problems might seem challenging, especially when the issues seem so entrenched. Yet the point of a good problem-solution essay is to suggest solutions that are actionable–something that your readers can do.
Click To Tweet
Addressing specific problems will lead to specific, well-articulated solutions and to the most interesting and compelling essays. Here are five problem-solution essay topics that touch on social problems.
1. Problem: Undocumented immigrants
- Solution #1: Should the US government step up its deportation of undocumented immigrants, or should it offer asylum for those currently living in the country?
- Solution #2 : How should the government address trade policies that affect the economies of South American countries and lead to immigration?
- Solution #3: Will ending the war on drugs provide some relief to the rise of undocumented immigrants arriving in the United States? Should there be more coordination between the US and Central American countries in how they deal with drug policies, and if so, in what ways?
2. Problem: Sexual assaults on college campuses
- Solution #1: What steps should universities take to prevent sexual assaults on campus?
- Solution #2: Should colleges provide safe places for victims to report rapes, and if so, how? What responsibilities should the administration have in protecting victim’s identities once they’ve reported the crime?
- Solution #3: In what ways should students be educated about rape culture, and what responsibility should colleges have in providing that education?
- Solution #4: Should student social services address rape culture? Should fraternities and sororities be more involved in educating students on rape culture? If yes, in what ways?
3. Problem: Mass shootings
- Solution #1: What role should mental health providers play in determining prevention? What policies or programs should be enacted that will provide greater care for people suffering from mental health issues?
- Solution #2: Should violence in the entertainment and gaming industry be addressed for a possible influence? How about the news media?
- Solution #3: What kind of gun control laws should be enacted? What role should gun manufacturers have? Should technology be used to decrease mass shootings? If so, in what ways can it be used?
4. Problem: Police brutality
- Solution #1: What are the possible ways in which communities can force local governments and police departments to address police brutality?
- Solution #2: What role should voting play? Should communities have a say in who heads the police department? What other ways should communities be able to review how local law enforcement polices communities?
- Solution #3: In what ways should the police department address cultural attitudes among officers about the people they police?
- Solution #4: What role does militarization in police departments play in police brutality? Should the federal government supply local police departments with military weaponry? If not, should there be a law against it? How should such a law be shaped?
Looking for a few articles about police brutality to get the research process rolling? Read 12 Articles to Support Your Police Brutality Essay .
5. Problem: Suicide
- Solution #1: What obstacles prevent people from getting help? Are there ways in which those obstacles can be addressed? What about social pressure, such as shaming? Should the public be educated about suicide? How might such programs be put into place?
- Solution #2: What roles should schools, colleges, police, social welfare, or other institutions play in recognizing those who are at risk, and how would they go about doing that?
- Solution #3: Should there be more therapy programs that are accessible for people? What about mental health programs for people who can’t afford them? In what ways should they be made available?
Example problem-solution essays on social issues
- Why Ignoring Race in Education Is a Big Mistake
- Unfit and Uneducated Parents Raising Children
- Conflict Theory and Activity of the Aged
Problem-Solution Essay Topics—Economics
Everyone is affected by the economy in one way or another. They’re affected either directly through personal debts, indirectly through the loss of tax revenues that provide services for everyone, or through an uncertain job market.
A problem-solution essay that addresses economic problems is compelling precisely because everyone is eager for answers—especially college graduates. Check out these six problem-solution essay topics about economics for essay ideas.
6. Problem: Student loan debts
- Solution #1 : What policies should the government enact that will help eliminate or lessen the burden for students once they graduate? Should there be greater consumer protections that protect students from predatory banking and credit loan institutions?
- Solution #2 : Should universities and colleges bear a greater responsibility in protecting students from prohibitive debts? If so, how?
- Solution #3 : Should state universities and colleges be allowed to enforce or raise student fees? If not, what alternatives would the schools have to pay for administrative costs?
7. Problem: Consumer debt
- Solution #1 : Should the government pass more rigorous consumer protection laws that will regulate and prosecute predatory banking institutions or credit loaning companies?
- Solution#2 : Should the government provide debt relief programs? If so, how should they work and for whom? Should non-profit, non-governmental organizations, such as Occupy Wall Street, provide relief, or should the government create and enact such programs?
- Solution #3 : What steps should individuals take to get out of debt? What programs, if any, are available for them? If none, what should be available?
8. Problem: Long-term Unemployment
- Solution #1 : Should there be programs on the local level that address long-term unemployment? If so, what? What laws or policies should the federal government enact that will address long-term unemployment?
- Solution#2 : Should corporations take the lead on creating new job markets? If so, how could they implement these programs? How should the government encourage corporations to open up new markets? Subsidies? Tax breaks?
- Solution #3 : What should individuals who are in long-term unemployment do? What programs should be accessible to them while they seek jobs? What about unemployment benefits? Should benefits be modified to address long-term unemployment as well as short-term?
9. Problem: Child labor
- Solution #1 : What laws or policies can world governments enact that will address child labor?
- Solution #2 : Should the US government enact trade policies that will address the problem? If so, what kind of policies should it enact?
- Solution #3 : Do US companies exploit child labor, and if so, should local or state governments punish companies that do? What should citizens do? Boycott? Pressure congress to pass laws or prosecute?
10. Problem: Worker exploitation
- Solution #1 : Should the government pass laws that protect workers? Should the government pass stricter laws that protect unionization?
- Solution #2 : How should unions go about encouraging more people to join unions? What about workers who are unable to organize in their workplaces? What steps should they take to organize?
11. Problem: Home foreclosures
- Solution #1 : What policies should be enacted that will ease economic problems leading to home foreclosures? Should the federal government enact laws that will protect homeowners, and if so, how?
- Solution #2 : Should local governments pass laws to protect homeowners against foreclosures? What alternatives are available for local governments to prevent them? What should they do with homes that are underwater? How should they prevent blight?
- Solution #3 : Should non-profit groups like Occupy Wall Street help people fight against foreclosures?
Example problem-solution essays on economics
- The Youth Unemployment Issues and the World’s Unemployment Rates
- The Importance of Conflict Litigation and Resolution in the Workplace
- Solving Unemployment in the US Resulting from the 2008 Subprime Mortgage Crisis
- The Collapse of Enron
Problem-Solution Essay Topics—Politics
Political problems are the most frustrating because the will to fix them is as elusive as the solutions. Perhaps this is largely because people get distracted by how challenging the problems are before they can even think about solving them.
The key to writing a good problem-solution essay is to think small. In other words, pick a very specific problem (money in politics, for instance) that will lead to goals that are clear and viable.
When you pick a topic that readers feel confident that they’ll be able to tackle, you’ll write an essay that just might move them to act.
Here are four political problem-solution essay topics to inspire action.
12. Problem: Money in politics
- Solution #1 : What leads to the dependence on money in electoral politics, and what can be done to address the problem? For instance, what alternatives are available for candidates to raise funds for elections?
- Solution #2 : Should the government regulate how much money is spent in campaigns? If not, what alternatives are available that will lead to campaign finance reform?
- Solution #3 : Should the government pass laws that will define who should or shouldn’t be able to donate campaign dollars? If so, how should such a law be shaped? How should free speech rights be taken into consideration?
- Solution #4 : Should the constitution be amended to address the problem? If so, what should be amended and how?
13. Problem: NSA spying
- Solution #1 : Should there be more vigorous laws that protect Americans’ privacy rights from government surveillance? If so, what types of laws should be in place?
- Solution #2 : Should congress be more proactive in monitoring the intelligence community? If so, how should Americans be certain that they are? In what ways should citizens be involved in the process?
- Solution #3 : Do Americans have the right to know what the intelligence community is doing? If so, in what ways can that be done while protecting national security?
14. Problem: Partisanship
- Solution #1 : Will electoral reform address the problems caused by partisanship? If so, in what ways?
- Solution #2 : In what ways do American citizens help create partisanship? The media? How should Americans be better educated about their roles as citizens?
- Solution #3 : Will media reform help address the problems that cause partisanship?
- Solution #4 : How should political parties address partisanship? Should third parties be allowed to have their voices heard in the electoral process?
15. Problem: Voter disenfranchisement
- Solution #1 : Should the federal government pass laws that will protect voter rights? Should the constitution be amended to protect voting rights for all citizens?
- Solution #2 : How should state governments prevent partisanship from affecting electoral board policies? What should the public do to fight against voter ID laws or other laws that disenfranchise voters?
- Solution #3 : What steps should be taken to revive people’s faith in the political process? Who should enact these steps? The public? Schools? The media? Politicians?
- Solution #4 : Should congressional rules, policies, or social culture be changed to discourage and prevent obstructionism? If so, in what ways?
Example problem-solution essays on politics
- The Potential of Marijuana If Legalized in the United States
- Solving Gun Violence in the US
- The Definition of the Problem of Illegal Immigration
- Using Aid From the United Nations to Solve Problems in Nepal
By all measures, the environment is our most precious resource, yet we face many problems in trying to protect and preserve it.
A problem-solution essay that addresses environmental problems can be compelling and thought-provoking because it will alert readers to the necessity of proposing real solutions that people can enact as individuals or as political groups.
Here are five environmental problem-solution essay topics to start help you choose the focus for your own paper.
16. Problem: Climate change
- Solution #1 : What kinds of laws or policies should the government pass that will address climate change?
- Solution #2 : Should the government push for more trade policies that will address climate change?
- Solution #3 : Should foreign policy play a role in addressing climate change? For instance, should the United States work with other heavy-polluting countries like China, and if so, how?
- Solution #4 : How should the marketplace address the problem? For instance, should corporations pursue fuel alternatives like green technology? If so, how should they be encouraged to do so?
- Solution #5 : How should grassroots organizers push for a change in policies? Who would be targeted for such a movement? The US government? The UN? Corporations?
Are you writing about global warming and need a few resources for your paper? Check out 12 Global Warming Articles to Help Your Next Essay .
17. Problem: Fracking
- Solution #1 : Should the government pass laws that make fracking illegal? Should it promote energy fuel alternatives, such as green technology?
- Solution #2 : How should companies that use fracking be discouraged from doing so? Should they be subject to civil lawsuits? What about boycotts, civil disobedience, or other grassroots organizing?
- Solution #3 : What should be done to educate the public about fracking? Should the news media report on it more often? If so, how should environmental groups push the media to do so?
18. Problem: Endangered wildlife
- Solution #1 : Should the government pass laws or policies that provide greater protections for preserving and protecting wildlife? If so, what types of laws? Should the government go after corporations that endanger wildlife?
- Solution #2 : Should corporations take the lead in protecting wildlife?
- Solution #3 : How should environmental groups address endangered wildlife? What are some of the things they can do to push the government and corporations to protect the environment?
19. Problem: Environmental pollution
- Solution #1 : What should the government do about pollution? How should it be involved in long-term protections? For instance, should the government set aside relief funds or economic restorations for affected areas?
- Solution #2 : What role should local and state governments play in protecting wildlife from pollution? Should local governments be stricter in regard to environmental studies for local projects, such as the building of chemical plants or factories near wildlife or residential areas?
- Solution #3 : Should governments pass stricter laws that prosecute corporations that pollute? If so, how should the public push for such laws to get passed?
20. Problem: Environmental injustice
- Solution #1 : Should local governments do more to protect communities from environmental injustices? If so, how? If not, what can the public do to fight against them? Will grassroots organizing help?
- Solution #2 : Should the federal government provide relief for communities affected by environmental injustices? Should the US Justice Department get more involved in prosecuting corporations, or are local governments responsible for addressing the injustices?
- Solution #3 : Should the media report more on environmental injustices? What can the public do to push the media to cover these stories? How should grassroots organizations get the information out to the public? Documentary films? YouTube? Crowdsourcing?
Example problem-solution essays on the environment
- Helping the Environment
- The Dangers of Global Warming
- The Negative Environmental Impact of the Industrial Age
Problem-Solution Topics—Romantic Relationships
Anyone who has been involved in a romantic relationship has likely experienced both highs and lows. Some days can be pure bliss, and some days are, well … let’s just say they’re anything but blissful.
A successful problem-solution essay about romantic relationships will provide real solutions for couples experiencing the problem.
Here are five problem-solution essay topics about romantic relationships to inspire you.
21. Problem: Disagreements caused by social media
- Solution #1 : Should couples stay away from most types of social media? Should they limit social media accounts? Would this bring couples closer together or create resentment?
- Solution #2 : How might couples negotiate what is or isn’t acceptable behavior on social media accounts? Are discussions with old flames considered flirting or just simple discussions?
- Solution #3 : Should couples share social media accounts? Should they know the other person’s passwords? Would this help solve any trust issues?
22. Problem: Safety concerns in online dating
- Solution #1 : Does meeting a date in a public place help solve safety concerns? Should online dating services require background checks?
- Solution #2 : Can asking the right questions help online daters really get to know a person, or is it too easy to pretend to be someone else online?
- Solution #3 : Do shows like Catfish reduce instances of catfishing, or do they give people more inspiration?
23. Problem: Abusive relationships
- Solution #1 : Would stricter laws help prevent abuse? Should it be easier for victims to file for protection orders against their abusers?
- Solution #2 : Would additional education programs help prevent abuse?
24. Problem: Disciplining children
- Solution #1 : Could parents go through counseling to solve their differences of opinion on disciplining children? Should parents have worked out such differences even before having children? Is it possible to work out such differences before having children?
- Solution #2 : What type of parenting style is most effective in disciplining children? Does one style work best for all children? Should parents always use the same type of disciplinary style?
25. Problem: Teenage romance
- Solution #1 : How do parents decide at what age their teens should be allowed to date? Should the dating age differ depending on the child?
- Solution #2 : Should schools offer additional education about all forms of abuse? Would this help teens escape abusive relationships? Would it prevent abuse?
- Solution #3 : Does social media create trust issues? Would more face-to-face interaction help teens establish more trusting and stable relationships?
- Solution #4 : Should teens avoid serious relationships? Would they develop stronger and healthier relationships once they are older and more mature?
Example problem-solution essays on romantic relationships
- A Study on How Social Network Sites Are Used in Romantic Relationships
- Romantic Relationships Between Teenagers
- A Study on Women in Abusive Relationships and Its Effect on the Development of Mental Health Problems
Problem-Solution Topics—The Workplace
The workplace can be home to all types of problems, from technology failures to communication failures. While some problems can only be solved through a long meeting with HR, others must be solved between co-workers.
A problem-solution essay about the workplace should keep its audience in mind. A problem and its solution might look very different depending on whether you’re looking at it from an employee’s perspective or an employer’s perspective.
Let’s look at five workplace-related problem-solution topics to get you started on your paper.
26. Problem: Sexual harassment
- Solution #1 : How should victims inform their boss or supervisor if they are harassed? Should the incident be documented in writing or discussed via email, in person, or on the phone?
- Solution #2 : Do workplace training videos prevent harassment? Should other forms of training be in place?
- Solution #3 : What should victims say to the person who is harassing them? Should they even confront the person?
27. Problem: Work-life Balance
- Solution #1 : Are people over-scheduled due to technology? Should people turn off their devices away from work? Should employers require (or suggest) times for employees to unplug?
- Solution #2 : Are low wages causing people to work more hours and ultimately spend less time with their families? Would higher wages (including a higher minimum wage ) solve the problem?
- Solution #3 : Should younger generations develop stronger hobbies and interests outside of work? Should they minimize social events with their coworkers?
28. Problem: Employee privacy
- Solution #1 : Should employees avoid conducting personal business on workplace computers?
- Solution #2 : Does employer monitoring result in an invasion of privacy? Does monitoring employees help solve the problem of distracted employees?
29. Problem: Discrimination
- Solution #1 : Will stricter laws help prevent discrimination in the workplace? Should companies audit their policies to ensure they discourage, rather than encourage, discrimination?
- Solution #2 : What should industries more prone to discrimination do to change their ways? Can current employees speak up to change such discrimination? What might employees do in order to advocate for change?
- Solution #3 : Do STEM programs and other education efforts help solve the problem of gender discrimination in science, technology, engineering, and math professions?
30. Problem: Social media use
- Solution #1 : Would strict enforcement of computer use on the job prevent employees from logging in to their social media accounts at work? Should employers allow some personal time at work to check social media? Would this actually make employees more productive?
- Solution #2 : Are social media accounts personal property, and should employers (and potential employers) be allowed to hire and fire based on personal accounts?
- Solution #3 : Do company policies on social media use benefit only the company’s brand, or do they promote a more positive culture in the workplace? Does monitoring social media accounts solve any inherent problems of racism, stereotyping, etc., or does it merely highlight them?
Example problem-solution essays on the workplace
- The Reasons Why Technology Is the Cause of Privacy Issues in the Workplace
- The Protection of Employees From Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace
- An Overview of Sexual Harassment and the Solutions to Prevent the Act
31. problem: obesity.
- Solution #1 : Will strategies such as taxing sugar drinks or adding nutritional information on fast food and restaurant menus reduce obesity? Is it the government’s place to legislate what its citizens eat and drink?
- Solution #2 : Should schools require recess and physical education courses in order to help curb the current problem of childhood obesity?
- Solution #3 : Should obese people pay more for health insurance? Would such a plan solve the problem of obesity by essentially forcing people to lose weight?
32. Problem: Opioid epidemic
- Solution #1 : Should there be harsher penalties for doctors who continue to over-prescribe opioids to their patients? Should pharmacies more closely monitor prescriptions?
- Solution #2 : Should manufacturers limit production of specific opioids? Should funding be provided to help researchers develop safer, less-addictive medications?
- Solution #3 : Should additional treatment facilities be funded? Should Narcan be more readily available in schools, homes, and public facilities?
33. Problem: Technology addiction
- Solution #1 : Does the problem of technology addiction begin at home? Should parents limit their children’s use of technology?
- Solution #2 : Should schools encourage the use of more technology in the classroom? Should schools teach students about responsible use of technology?
- Solution #3 : Should there be more technology-free zones in public? Would such zones help people leave their devices behind and thus lessen the effects of addiction?
34. Problem: Stress
- Solution #1 : Should employers offer free or low-cost programs to help employees manage stress? Should employers offer additional sick and/or vacation days to help employees destress? Would this create a more productive workforce?
- Solution #2 : Do practices such as meditation, soft music, and dietary changes help reduce stress?
- Solution #3 : Should people make an effort to engage in more physical activity in order to alleviate stress?
Example problem-solution essays on health
- Drug Addiction and Opioid Abuse and Overdose in the United States
- The Good and Bad Aspects of Social Networking Sites
- Bloomberg’s Plans of Solving the Epidemic of Obesity
Problem-Solution Topics—Off the Beaten Path: Ingenious Tips for College Students
Is your professor lenient on topics? Are you allowed to be a little more creative (and a whole lot less serious) when writing a problem-solution essay?
If so, try one of these five unique problem-solution topics that may allow you to express more of your creative talents.
36. Problem: Messy dorm room
- Solution #1 : Could you hire a friend to clean your room? Could you hold a cleaning party? Should you call Mom and ask her to help clean?
- Solution #2 : Do cleaning charts help organize tasks and actually help keep the space clean?
- Solution #3 : Should you just get rid of almost everything in your dorm room and start again with a clean slate? Should you move to a new and cleaner space?
37. Problem: Forgot to study for an exam
- Solution #1 : Could you ask your professor for an extension so that you can take the exam in a day or two? Should you try to convince all of your classmates to ask the professor to postpone the exam?
- Solution #2 : Would it help to text everyone you know in class and ask them to help you cram before the test? Would they be willing to share their notes for you to review immediately before the test?
- Solution #3 : Should you go to the doctor so that you have a doctor’s excuse that would allow you to make up the exam?
38. Problem: Loud neighbors
- Solution #1 : Should you speak with them calmly and explain that you need quiet time to study, meditate, or just sleep? Should you bang on the door and yell loudly to get your point across?
- Solution #2 : Should you avoid talking to your neighbors altogether and simply call the police?
- Solution #3 : Could you soundproof your walls? Can you live in your space wearing noise-canceling headphones at all times?
- Solution #4 : Should you ask to join the party and join in on the fun? (After all, you can always sleep or study later.)
39. Problem: Boring lectures
- Solution #1 : Would asking your professor to create more interesting lectures actually inspire your professor to change his or her teaching strategy? Should you offer suggestions for more interesting lectures?
- Solution #2 : Should you try drawing pictures, writing poetry, or taking creative notes to help pass the time as your professor rambles on?
- Solution #3 : Should you drop the class and look for a professor with more engaging lectures? Is it too late to get into another class?
- Solution #4 : Should you do nothing and accept the fact that sometimes you have to suffer through boring lectures?
40. Problem: No food in fridge
- Solution #1 : Should you order a pizza? Should you do your grocery shopping online and have it delivered to your room?
- Solution #2 : Should you save money and simply go to a friend’s place, hoping that he or she will feed you?
Example problem-solution essays on topics off the beaten path
- Developing a Great Routine for Studying and Getting Good Grades
- The Laundry Issue in Everyday Life on Campus
- School Subjects Should Infuse Creative Elements to Promote Learning
Hopefully these problem-solution essay topics will make it easier to get started on your paper . And if you’re looking for help with the finer points of the problem-solution essay, don’t miss these resources:
- Problem-Solution Essay Tips From a Kibin Editor
- How to Write a Problem-Solution Essay That Solves a Real Problem
- Problem-Solution Essay Outline
I also recommend reading the posts below to give that extra boost to your writing style:
- One Persuasive Writing Technique You Can’t Write Without
- Why Eliminating Wordiness Is So Important for Your Essay
Already written and revised your paper but concerned that you don’t have a solution to your own writing problems? Let a Kibin editor help.
Good luck, and happy essay writing!
Psst... 98% of Kibin users report better grades! Get inspiration from over 500,000 example essays .
About the Author
Cynthia C. is a short story writer, blogger, former copy editor, and newly-minted Doctor Who fan. You can find her on Google+
- problem-solution essay
- topic ideas
How can a topic web help you write a problem-and-solution essay?
When it comes to writing a problem-and-solution essay, a topic web can be a useful tool to help you organize your thoughts and ideas. A topic web is a visual representation of the main idea and the supporting ideas that relate to it. It allows you to see how different ideas are connected and how they relate to the main problem.
To create a topic web, start by writing the main problem or issue in the center of a piece of paper. From there, draw lines out from the center and write down related ideas or possible solutions. You can also create subtopics or supporting ideas by drawing lines from the main ideas and writing them down.
A topic web can help you identify the main problem and the different aspects of it. It can also help you come up with possible solutions and the supporting evidence to back them up. It allows you to see the different connections between ideas and how they relate to each other.
By using a topic web, you can organize your thoughts and ideas in a logical and coherent manner. It can also help you identify any gaps in your argument or any areas that need further research. It can also help you come up with a clear and concise thesis statement.
In conclusion, a topic web can be a useful tool to help you write a problem-and-solution essay. It allows you to organize your thoughts and ideas in a logical and coherent manner and helps you identify any gaps in your argument. It can also help you come up with a clear and concise thesis statement. Use it to your advantage and make your essay writing process easier
no comments yet
Be the first to share what you think!
Questions? Call us:
- How it works
- Essay service
- Essay writers
- College essay service
- Write my essay
- Pay for essay
- Essay topics
Term Paper Writing
- Term paper service
- Buy term papers
- Term paper help
- Term paper writers
- College term papers
- Write my term paper
- Pay for term paper
- Term paper topic
Research Paper Writing
- Research paper service
- Buy research paper
- Research paper help
- Research paper writers
- College research papers
- Write my research paper
- Pay for research paper
- Research paper topics
- Dissertation service
- Buy dissertation
- Dissertation help
- Dissertation writers
- College thesis
- Write my dissertation
- Pay for dissertation
- Dissertation topics
- Custom writing services
- Speech writing service
- Movie review writing
- Editing service
- Assignment writing
- Article writing service
- Book report writing
- Book review writing
Best 50 problem solution essay topics on web.
August 14, 2019
The problem and solution essay topics you find online have been used over and over again by most students. Every problem solution essay topics list has been downloaded tens of thousands of times. Chances are, your classmates will pick some of these topics as well. Do you want your research paper to have the same topic as the essays of three of your classmates? Probably not! We have a solution: our list of the best 50 problem solution essay topics in 2022. They’re updated frequently, and you can use them for free!
Don’t Know How To Write A Problem Solution Essay?
But before we get to the problem solution essay topics for college students, let’s discuss this type of assignment. In most cases, students don’t know how to write a problem solution essay. As its name suggests, the problems solution essay is a writing assignment where you need to find a problem relevant to modern society and then figure out ways to solve it. You need to use your critical thinking to find the best solutions and then explain academically why your solutions are the best. Remember, you need to be very accurate in your writing and support your statements with references. You may be able to write about just one solution if it is complex enough. However, for most issues, we recommend three solutions because this number works best with our proposed problem solution essay structure.
The Simple Problem Solution Essay Structure
The simple way to organize your problem solution essay ideas is by using the five-paragraph essay structure. Here is how it looks like:
- You start your problem solution essay with a captivating introduction that presents the problem (or the situation).
- Then, you write three body paragraphs, each discussing a single solution.
- You wrap everything up with a strong conclusion that reiterates the solutions and emphasizes why they are the best.
Now you see why we’ve advised you to find not just one solution to the problem, but three. If you have a more complex topic, like a breathing problem solution, you can write more than three body paragraphs. After all, there are at least five effective solutions to this problem that we can think of. And remember, always start your writing with a problem solution essay outline. You can create it in just 10 minutes by doing some research, and it will most surely prove to be invaluable. It will keep you organized and on topic – that’s guaranteed. Now that you know how to write a problem solution essay, it’s time to talk about topics.
Why Do You Need Our Problem Solution Essay Topics?
We know you’ve received a lot of different advice about writing problem solution essays. We agree, reading at least one good problem solution essay example is very important. It shows you how to organize your writing, how to present your problem and your solutions, and how to support your statements. However, we feel that good problem solution essay topics are even more important. Think of it this way: no matter how well you write, if the topic is boring, your audience will eventually get bored. It’s just a matter of time. But when you come up with amazing, captivating, and breathtaking topics for problem solution essay, your writing instantly becomes much more interesting.
Most people, including your professor, want to learn new things. They’re not interested in solutions for a simple cold problem. But they most surely are interested in solutions to the greenhouse effect – or in solutions to the obesity issue. And rest assured – there are plenty of topics even more interesting than these. Bottom line, if you want to impress from the moment you read the introduction and the thesis statement, your problem needs to pique the interest of your professor instantly. And you will get bonus points as a reward – guaranteed!
Get Free Problem And Solution Essay Topics Right Here
Remember that for each problem, you need to find at least three solutions and discuss them. You can discuss more than three if the problem is complex. However, you should avoid presenting just one solution. In most cases, this will make your professor think that you didn’t care to spend much time writing the essay. You may get penalized for this, so be aware.
And now, here are the 50 problem and solution essay topics 2022 you have been waiting for:
Problem Solution Speech Topics
- How to tackle police brutality in America.
- The best solutions that prevent suicides (the permanent solution to a temporary problem).
- How can we stop mass shootings?
- The solution to the illegal immigration problem.
- Here is how we can stop sexual abuse in schools.
- The policies that can stop child labor.
Problem Solution Essay Topics For College
- How can we solve the student loans problem?
- The best ways to control stress in college.
- College education can be affordable. Here is how!
- Substance abuse can be prevented on college campuses.
- How teachers can prevent students from cheating on exams.
- The best way to become a more efficient student.
Education Problem Solution Essay Topics
- Schools have the means to prevent suicides.
- The effective methods that prevent cheating in school.
- How can schools keep up with technology?
- Schools can eliminate bullying. Here is how!
- The solution to racial discrimination in the US education system.
- The solution to gender discrimination in the US education system.
Best Relationship Topics
- Here is how you can become confident in just three steps!
- The easy solutions to an abusive relationship.
- How can we solve the problem with overprotective parents?
- How can we stop sexting in high school?
- The best ways to move out of the “friend zone.”
- Helping a depressed friend may be easier than you think.
Social Problems Topics
- How can we eliminate racism in the modern world?
- Ways to deal with illegal immigrants on the border line.
- We can improve literacy in the United States.
- The simple solutions to the huge human trafficking problem.
- Divorce can be prevented. Here is how!
- Solutions to the homeless people problem in the US.
College Life Topics
- Here is how you decide on your major quickly.
- Do you have problems with your roommate? You can solve them!
- Here is how you instantly become an A+ student.
- Colleges can be safer: Real solutions.
- Why is college so expensive? Any solutions?
- How can we solve the domestic violence issue?
- Cyberbullying can be prevented by making it a crime.
- The solution to out-of-control gangs in the United States.
- We can prevent racial violence. Here is how!
- Here is how we stop people from polluting the rivers.
Economic Problem Solution Topics
- Unemployment is not difficult to solve, actually.
- Ways to increase the tourism rate in California.
- The simple solutions to our waste problems.
- The simple way to reduce consumer debt in America
- Here is how you stop overeating sugar.
- Ways to prevent substance abuse in teenagers.
- How parents can easily promote sports to their children.
- Child obesity is a major problem, but it has a simple solution.
- The best alternatives to plastic surgery for cosmetic purposes.
Use Our Great Topics Today
The problem solution essay topics you choose for your academic papers are very important. You will write essays faster if you choose smart topics. You will get bonus points if the topics are interesting. You will not have to do extensive research if you pick a topic you know something about. Pick any topic on our problem solution essay topics list and use it for free . We are just happy to help!
It’s time to nail your grades! Get your 20% discount on the problem solution writing assignment with promo “ ewriting20 ” – and enjoy your college life!
Take a break from writing.
Top academic experts are here for you.
- How To Write A Narrative Essay: Definition, Tips, And A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Write Article Review Like Professional
- How To Write Term Paper? Get Best Grades
- How To Write Response Essay: Guidelines From Expert Team
- 295 Personal Narrative Ideas: Diverse Topics For Your Essay
- Great Problem Solution Essay Topics
- Creating Best Stanford Roommate Essay
- Costco Essay – Best Writing Guide
- How To Quote A Dialogue
- Wonderful Expository Essay Topics
- Research Paper Topics For 2020
- Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Custom Essay, Term Paper & Research paper writing services
Toll Free: +1 (888) 354-4744
Email: [email protected]
Writing custom essays & research papers since 2008
130 best problem solution essay topics.
It is quite ironic that the first problem you encounter in problem solution essays is choosing the best problem solution essay topics!
However, it doesn’t have to be that difficult. All you have to do is look for problem solution essay topics with viable solutions, and you should genuinely care about the problem. If you still have trouble finding good problem and solution topics, you can look for examples of problem and solution essay topics.
We have provided more than enough examples for you with over 100 problem solution essay topics contained in this article. Ready to find a solution to your problem solution essay topics? Let’s get started!
Problem Solution Essay Topics for College Students
Problem solution essay topics for middle school, problem solution essay topics about animals, environment problem solution essay topics, health problem solution essay topics, political problem solution essay topics, problem solution gun control topics, funny problem solution essay topics, more problem solution essay topics.
Problem solution essays are one of the most common essays for college students. Students in college face a unique set of problems from other students. It is essential to write topics for problem solution essay on issues that you can relate to or have experienced.
Therefore, problem solution essays written by college students are quite different from all others. These essays deal with issues common among college students.
Still at a loss as to the problem solution topics to choose as a college student? Here are some examples that would point you in the right direction. Note that you don’t have to use them verbatim. These can serve as samples or inspiration.
- How can college students effectively balance out personal needs and academics? Is it possible to still have a social life?
- Large lecture halls can make it more challenging to learn and hear lecturers. How can campuses work on solving this problem?
- Most students have to work and study to pay for their education. However, work often takes away the time for learning. How can a student find a solution to this problem?
- Going away from home can be pretty hard, and many students battle with homesickness for a time. Proffer solutions to this problem.
- How can a student cut costs on decorating a dorm room or apartment?
- Lots of colleges match students as roommates. This practice often causes some problems between people with different personalities and interests. What can be done to make the adjustment period more comfortable for each roommate?
- Every student knows that the cafeteria is rarely the best place to get the best food. How can students help change this situation, though?
- How can parents help their children and wards without intruding on their privacy and taking away their independence?
- What should colleges do to have a more diverse number of students in their schools?
- How can colleges help their students relieve stress?
- Do parents need to know the grades of their children in college?
- How can colleges encourage students to participate more actively in sports and politics?
- How do college students decide on their major?
- What happens to a long-distance relationship when you are in college?
- How can a college student persuade his parents to allow him to be independent?
- What is the best way to handle issues with roommates?
- How can a college student stop procrastination?
- What degrees are the most marketable for college students?
- How do college students handle noisy or dirty roommates or neighbors?
- What can you do if you find out that your friend is suicidal?
These problems are issues that college students frequently encounter. Therefore, you only have to seek actionable solutions to the question, outline them and have a good problem solution paper.
These sample topics can also be converted into problem solution speech topics. If you were to give a speech, all these questions would make a good thesis for problem solution speech topics college students would love. You have the advantage of capturing your audience’s attention right from the onset as they can relate to the problems.
Not everyone is in college, though. For instance, if you are in middle school, the type of problem solution essay that would appeal to your audience and find interesting is quite different. Therefore, we have highlighted more problem solution paper topics to help everyone in different situations.
Middle School is often a challenging time for most people. It is a time when teenagers feel like adults yet are still children in the real sense. This problem, coupled with many other issues, makes for a quite impressive problem solution essay topics list.
- What can a school do to help children who have behavior issues that stem from their home?
- How can society help and encourage children with autism and other developmental disorders instead of blaming their parents?
- What can parents and teachers do to help young female teenagers who are unrealistically trying to fit into the images they see on social media?
- Should middle school students look for a job before they gain admission into college?
- How can parents teach middle school students financial management before they get to college?
- How can parents and teachers combat the adverse effects of cell phones and other electronic devices on students?
- How can therapy dogs be controlled in a classroom such that it does not become a distraction?
- How can students do tests without experience undue stress and anxiety?
- How can society help children who are talented but have no means to further their education?
- How can school fit more creative subjects into pupils’ schedules to help them broaden their mental capacities?
Beyond school topics for problem solution essays, there are also other general topics that anyone who wants to write problem solution persuasive speech topics can use. We have highlighted these topics under the different sections below.
If you love animals, then you would care about what happens to them. A problem solution essay can help you affect the changes that you want to see concerning animals. Here are a few interesting topics that you might want to try your hands on first.
- What is the solution to the animals that are overpopulating particular habitats because human activity has chased their natural predators?
- How can we prevent people from disturbing the natural habitat of endangered animals living in parks?
- How can we solve the problem of plastics destroying the natural ecosystem in the ocean?
- What can people do to combat the global climate change issues that would affect several animals’ habitats?
- How do we deter people who adopt pets on a whim and decide they don’t want these animals anymore?
- How we protect endangered species like snakes, which might live on people’s properties, without causing problems for the people or the animals?
- How can we prevent poaching with the rise in demand for animal flesh and parts worldwide?
- How do we protect migratory birds from obstacles like tall buildings and wind turbines?
- How can we deal with irresponsible dog breeders who run dog mills?
- How can farmers provide free-range eggs at a more affordable price?
You might have thought of some of these issues at one point or the other if you love animals in any capacity. Therefore, it would be relatively easy for you to write a problem solution paper on any of these topics if necessary.
Anything that affects the environment affects everyone in it. Therefore, problem solution essay topics environment-related are a common one for people. You can try your hands on any one of them. Who knows? Your solution might be what the world needs.
Some sample environment problem solution essays that you attempt are:
- How can we encourage more countries to work on climate change and take it more seriously?
- What can everyday people do to help cleanse the waterways from pollution?
- How can we encourage farming communities to convert to wind or solar farming?
- What can we do the stop the extinction of monarch butterflies?
- How can we reduce air pollution in major world cities?
- What steps should members of societies take to stop the rising acidity of the oceans?
- What can be done about the increasing world population as it affects the environment?
- GMOs lead to more food production but could cause biodiversity challenges. What could be done to solve the problem?
- How can we reduce food wastage, especially in larger cities?
- How can we reduce deforestation and encourage tree planting?
Find more environmental science topics on our blog.
One significant aspect of life that people face challenges is in their health. This fact makes this aspect a good source for problem solution essay topics. Some of the health problem questions that these essays seek solutions to include:
- How can we encourage parents to vaccinate their children at an early age to prevent dangerous illnesses?
- How can people develop the habit of regular exercise?
- What can parents do to help their obese children?
- How can we get more people to sign up for a health insurance plan in the United States?
- How can the stigma surrounding mental health issues be reduced in our societies?
- How can we combat increasing health challenges like asthma caused by air pollution?
- How can we strongly encourage people to stop taking tobacco?
- How do we reduce death rates caused by accidental gun discharge?
- What can we do to encourage people to eat fresher, more balanced meals?
- How do we ensure people seek primary health care when they fall ill? How do we make primary health care accessible to all?
Politics is an issue that concerns everyone, whether we like it or not. One way or the other, your actions and inactions would determine the state of your society and country.
There are no doubts that there are several problems in the political system all over the world today. These problems serve as the basis of political problem cause solution speech topics.
These examples that we have provided below will help you write on any of these political problem solution essay topics.
- How do we encourage people to vote more?
- Should the age limit of voting reduce as more children mature at younger ages?
- How do we enforce laws that would help our societies?
- Is there a way that we can eradicate racism, nepotism, and tribalism from the society
- Is there a way to increase the number of literate people in society?
- How do we balance the free speech right with the right not to insult or abuse?
- How can we solve the problem of terrorism?
- How can mass job creation reach everyone and reduce the poverty rate?
- Should politicians have some form of control over social media? How can we create a free and fair media space without any political interference?
- How should we deal with illegal immigration issues?
Gun control has been a big issue for years. Different people have their opinions on the solution to the problems that guns cause in society. Here are a few on the topic:
- How can we help victims of gun violence?
- Is there any way to reduce the rate of gun violence?
- Do we prosecute the sellers or buyers of illegal guns?
- Should civilians be allowed to carry guns? What justifiable reasons can a civilian give for owning a gun?
- How can we make our communities safer without guns?
These problem solution gun control topics can help you explore the issues surrounding gun use control.
Whether you want to or not, some problems would make you laugh. We have highlighted a few funny problem solution essay topics for you.
- Funny cat videos reduce stress during finals.
- Programmable electric locks might help you stop eating at night.
- Photoshop solves Instagram users’ low self-esteem issues.
- Would 3D Printing solve the dorm cooking problems?
- Lecturers can serve free coffee to keep students awake during class.
- Could recorders be used to solve the problem of sleeping in class?
- Can autocorrect solve the problem of texting language in essays?
- Glowing pillows could solve issues in long-distance relationships
- iPads as a replacement for textbooks would make the class more fun and engaging
- Alarm clocks should run from student’s reach before they turn them off to prevent oversleeping.
These topics contain funny solutions to real-life issues. While you can write a paper on these funny topics to entertain yourself, you might need more problem solution essay topics.
- How can we stop social media bullying?
- How can you help a depressed person?
- What can we do to domineering and manipulating people?
- How do you leave a bad relationship?
- How can we stop or limit steroid use in sports?
- Should student-athletes get paid?
- How can you learn a sport that you have never played before?
- How can you boost attendance at a sporting event?
- Should parents or teachers push children to engage in sports?
- How do homeschooled children prepare for college?
- Should schools offer more technical courses to prepare children for the changing world?
- What should parents or guardians do when a student gets pregnant?
- How can we encourage more people to adopt children?
- How can parents teach the value of honesty?
- What is the best way to discipline a child?
- How can we prevent traffic violations?
- How do we prevent drunk driving?
- Is there a way to increase driver education in the country?
- What is the best way to find a new location you have never visited?
- What can traffic law changes make driving easier?
- How can we make people use more public transport?
- What is the best way to train a student as a driver?
- How can we combat driving and texting?
- Should parents impose their religious beliefs on their children?
- How can we help families who have someone with mental health challenges?
- How can parents help their children have a confident body image?
- How should parents help with homework?
- In what way should technology be used in the classroom?
- Should teachers or students be allowed to carry licensed guns into the school premises?
- What should be the standard for dress codes in schools?
- Should students who prefer online studies in high school be allowed to use that medium?
- How can schools retain their outstanding teachers?
- Should schools promote more physical education?
- Should there be a general core curriculum for all schools?
- Is it ideal to give every child an iPad or laptop in school?
- Has digital technology caused challenges for the education sector?
- Should foreign language be made compulsory for every student?
- How should teachers treat cheaters when caught?
- Would a nationalized test prove the standard of schools?
- How can we help children flunking class?
- What can make gifted and talented programs more effective?
- How much should sports players earn?
- Should women ask men out on dates?
- How can you move out of a friend zone?
- What makes for a healthy relationship?
You can change these topics into local problem solution essay topics by specifying a state or location. If you are looking for easy problem solution essay topics or problem solution proposal essay topics, these topics will meet your needs. All you have to do is choose appropriate problem solution essay topics or contact a paper writer and get more help.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Unfortunately, we are not hiring writers now due to low season.
We will be glad to review your application in the future.
Make sure there's no plagiarism in your paper
Write your essays better and faster with free samples
Generate citations for your paper free of charge
50 Unique Problem Solution Essay Topics in 2023
Updated 02 Mar 2023
The new year gives one a lot of opportunities to research different essays and the ways how they can be written. In the academic world, every essay has its purpose and value. By default, they all provide a training ground for US students, not depending on their university, who need to perfect their writing skills. Essays are also good ways for expression of ideas. Hence, their topics should be chosen carefully and accordingly.
Problem Solving Essay Topics for the Most Creative Students
Problem solution essay topics are of particular interest as they are used to heading problem-solution essays. This type of essay deals with identifying an existent issue, challenge or problem in our society and tangible ways to fix them. Besides being very educative and intriguing, a problem solution essay ideas open doors towards a good cause like a relief program in a developing country. This would also imply that it has to be worded persuasively and able to address important social challenges. This makes working with such papers a bit complicated, but anything is achievable with the right set of solutions. And it makes students consider choosing problem solution topics for their essays. It is important to know that there are numerous problem solution essay ideas one can choose and dwell on.
Read also: The Most Impressive Social Issues Iist for Essay or Paper
In this article, we would aid your efforts at writing by making a list of about 50 examples of problem solution essay topics, as well as the ideas one could come up with that could go beyond academic scope and have tangible community impact.
Comprehensive List of Typical Problem-Solution Essay Topics
In this segment, we will look at 10 different themes and provide samples for each theme. Following the example will help you understand what to write and how to arrange your words to create good problem solutions topics. Also, keep in mind that these are problem solution speech topics college students can use for their various purposes.
Here are 50 problem solution essay ideas suitable for any US university be it Stanford or Yale. Unlike some philosophy essay topics , each of these 50 offers a suitable solution to some most burning social issues. You are encouraged to get inspired by these examples and create your own topics, but it’s okay to pick any of these and modify them to your preference.
Education Essay Topics
- Sexual Abuse of Students in the US
- Sexual Abuse Issues in Film Industry
- Case study of a Sexually Abused Child
- The Reasons And Preventions Of Child Sexual Abuse
- Problem of Violence in Schools
- School Violence Problem In Bahrain
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and School Violence
- Teacher-Directed School Violence And Its Impact
- Poor Grades Problem
- Analysis of Language Assessment of Primary Grades
- Creating time and space for additional explanations.
- Reviewing results per session and finding new ways to get students into understanding the subject.
- Bullying Issue
- The Effects Of Bullying On Mental Health In US
- Understanding Bullying Victims And Helping
- Bullying As A Result Of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Poor Teaching Quality Problem
- Additional training for teachers before they commence teaching.
- Regular assessment to be completed by all teachers.
- Educating teachers on knowing their teaching strengths.
- Poor Attendance of Classes Problem
- Poor School Attendance as a Key Factor Leading to Juvenile Delinquency
- The Problem of Chronic Student Absenteeism and Ways to Deal with It
- Ways to Reduce Truancy Effectively: Opinion Essay
Essay Examples Relevant to Education
- Child Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- School Violence
Family and Relations Essay Topics
- Domestic Violence Issue
- Causes And Effects Of Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence: Health And Social Issue
- Domestic Violence Is A Hidden International Problem
- Problem of Poor Socioeconomic Situation
- The Modern Slavery As The Socioeconomic Reality
- Subjects Of Race And Socioeconomic Factors In Society In Streetcar Named Desire
- Economic Inequality and Its Implications
- Lack of Time for Children
- The Effects Of Absent Parents
- The Effects Of Parenting
- Single Parent Vs Nuclear Family: Children’s Behavior Comparison
- Problem of Favoritism
- African American Discrimination In The Workplace
- Ways Of Reduction The Prejudice And Discrimination
- What Is Fair And Fairness?
- Lack of Respect in Family
- The Importance of Respect for Others
- Family As An Ecological System For A Child
- The Impacts Of Family Ideologies On An Individual In A Fine Balance And Chronicle Of A Death Foretold
Essay Examples Relevant to Family and Relations
- Domestic Violence
Need more writing assistance?
Connect with our top writers and receive a paper sample crafted to your needs.
Climate Change and Environmental Issues
- Global Warming Problem
- Global Warming In The 20th Century
- Global Warming: Is Planet Earth Under Threat?
- Global Warming: Harmful Impact on the Polar Bears
- Destruction of Forests
- Deforestation: The Reasons Forests Should Be Protected
- Essay On Conservation of Forest
- Human Impact on the Natural Environment
- Issues of Poaching
- An Analysis Of Poaching In Etosha National Park, Namibia
- Economic Effect of Poaching: Analytical Essay
- Effects of Poaching on the Tourism Industry in Africa: Analytical Essay
- Flooding Problem
- Flooding in Houston and New Life After It
- Vulnerability of Hazardville to Flooding Disasters
- Effect of Flooding on Cultures in Egypt and Mesopotamia
- Heavy penalties for illegal lumbering.
- Working with people to find possible ways of controlling it.
- Review of laws surrounding environmental protection.
- Water Pollution
- The Causes of Water Pollution
- The Problem of Environmental Water Pollution
- Water Pollution Causes, Effects and Solutions
- Air Pollution
- Analysis of The Effects of Air Pollution
- Air Pollution as a Danger to Humanity
- The Solution to The Issue of Air Pollutants
Essay Examples Relevant to Climate Change and Environmental
- Climate Change
- Global Warming
Health-Related Essay Topics
- Obesity as a Problem
- Obesity In The World: Sauses And Effects
- Usage Of Plant Extracts In Treating Obesity
- Obesity Is Classified As A Lifestyle Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Consequences of High Blood Pressure
- Hypertension: Causes, Signs, Complications And Treatment
- Hypertension: How Salt Can Impact Your Blood Pressure
- Atherosclerosis as a Stress-Induced Disease
- Role of Iron in the Development of Atherosclerosis
- Interaction Between Genetic and Environmental Factors in Atherosclerosis
- Gastric Ulcers
- Getting checked early.
- Cut down on spicy food.
- Do not skip meals.
- Constipation Problem
- Staying hydrated.
- Increase your intake of fiber.
- Do not wait for long periods before easing yourself.
- Cutting down on fizzy drinks.
- Do not consume excessive amounts of legumes.
- Add more fiber into your diet.
- Argumentative Essay on Legalizing Weed
- Argumentative Essay about Smoking
- Should Marijuanas Be Legalized Essay
Read also: Custom Law Essays by Top Writers
- Mental health issues
- Causes of Stress Essay
- Causes of Suicidal Tendencies among Youth Essay
- Analytical Essay on Teenage Suicide: Literature Review
Essay Examples Relevant to Health-Related
- Mental Health
Romantic Relationships Essay Topics
- Disagreements On The Correct Definition Of Intelligence
- Conflict Management: Types of Conflict in Groups and Teams
- Individual Differences And The Effects On Workplace Conflict
- Cheating on Your Partner
- Careful, cool-headed discussions.
- Seek counseling help.
- You would have to learn forgiveness.
- Problem When Love Fades Away
- Revisiting the main things that made you work for each other.
- Seek support from experienced couples.
- Work together to revive the love you lost.
- Lack of Trust Problem
- Be sincere to another party.
- Do not keep secrets and be honest.
- Engage in trust-building abilities.
- Problem of Selfish Behavior
- Is Survival Selfish Essay
- Emotional Influences on Altruistic Behavior in Children
- Selfishness And Evil Of Human In Lord Of The Flies And The Crucible
- Online Dating Sites and Apps
- Privacy And Consequences Of Online Dating
- How Has The Internet Changed The Dating Industry?
- Technical, Legal And Ethical Aspects Of Apps For Online Dating
Essay Examples Relevant to Romantic Relationships
- Social Psychology
- Emotional Intelligence
Government and Politics Essay Topics
- The History Of Church Corruption
- The Toxicity Of Greed: How Greed Leads To Corruption
- Unethical Behavior: Corruption, Fairness, Selecting Candidates And Stealing Money
- Poor Leadership Problem
- Role Of Management And Leadership In Conflict And Negotiation
- Transformational Leadership Is The Answer For The Crisis Of The National Health Service
- What is Unethical Leadership, and How can be Defining this Behavior?
- Lack of Participation on Grassroots Levels
- Promoting the concept of civic-mindedness in schools.
- Raising awareness of the importance of participation for the masses.
- Getting to understand the challenges masses face in participating in politics and working together with them for a solution.
Essay Examples Relevant to Government and Politics
Finance and banking essay topics.
- Economic Crisis Problem
- Venezuela’s Macroeconomic Crisis of 2015-2019
- Key Elements of the Financial Crisis in the Great Depression
- Adoption of the Euro: Pros and Cons
- Currency Inflation Problem
- The Concept of Inflation: Definition, Causes, Types and Fight Against It
- How Exchange Rate Changes Impact Indian Manufacturing Firms
- What Distinguishes Money from Other Assets in the Economy?
- Money Laundering Problem
- Money Laundering In White Collar Crimes
- Money Laundering: Issues And Solutions
- An Analysis Of Globalization And Money Laundering
- Bankruptcy Issue
- Enron Bankruptcy Scandal: Not For Accounting
- Enron Scandal: The History Of The Biggest American Bankruptcy
- Important Realities of Debt Consolidation in Relation to Bankruptcy for People
Essay Examples Relevant to Finance and Banking
- Money Laundering
Mass Media and Social Media Essay Topics
- Abundance of False News Readings
- Types Of Fake News And Consequences Of Their Circulation
- Fake News' Influence On Education. Sources And Solutions
- Fake News In Modern Journalism: Negative Impact
- Poor Quality of News
- Definition of Bad News and Its Impact on Employment Relationship: Analytical Essay
- Proper additional training.
- Tougher screening procedures.
- Sex in Advertising Problem
- Providing censoring for illicit adverts.
- Ad companies should be motivated to use children-friendly concepts.
- Majority of explicit adverts should be played at night.
Essay Examples Relevant to Mass Media and Social Media
- Social Media
Communications and Technology Essay Topics
- Poor Accessibility for Rural Areas Problem
- Making internet free for rural areas.
- Passing communications policies that would favor rural areas.
- Giant tech corporations should be encouraged to participate in donations of computers, mobile phones, etc.
- Problem of Cyberbullying
- Types Of Cyberbullying And Its Effects
- Problems and Solutions of Cyberbullying
- Cyberbullying Tarnishes The Mental Health Of The Youth
- Excessive Obsession With Video Games
- The Effects Of Video Games On Social Relationships
- Effects of Video Games on Society
- Violent Video Games and Potential Risks for Children Development
Essay Examples Relevant to Communications and Technology
- Cyber Bullying
- Video Game Violence
Miscellaneous Essay Topics
- Herd Mentality
- Curtailing number of broadcast adverts.
- Dealing with political accuracy.
- Encouraging genuine debates.
- Middle East Unrest Problem
- A possible collaboration with the Russian Federation to eliminate terrorist groups.
- Do not send troops to places where they are not welcome.
- Engaging in talks with countries like Israel to withdraw their support of terrorist groups.
- Low Self-Esteem Among Youths
- Signs And Symptoms Of Depression In Teenagers
- Why Youths Should Care about Youth Anxiety Disorder
- Anxiety And Its Effect On Self-esteem
- Problem of Cultural Segmentation
- Impacts and Benefits of Cultural Diversity in the Workplace: Analytical Essay
- Judgmental mindsets should not be encouraged.
- Boundaries should be set; no one should impose his beliefs on another.
- Racism as an Issue
- Racism in Healthcare Essay
- Analytical Essay on Ku Klux Klan: A History of Racism and Violence
- Racism in the Workplace: Essay on Intersectionality and Workplace Diversity
Essay Examples Relevant to Miscellaneous
- Racism in America
- Ku Klux Klan
Help with Problem Solution Essay
From the list above, every student can observe that there are lots of problem and solution examples to choose from. At EduBirdie.com one of our main objectives is to provide you with the best help regardless of the task. We will get you the grade you deserve. All you need to do is get in touch with us and describe your challenge clearly.
Get 100+ more unique topics for your paper!
Was this helpful, thanks for your feedback, related blog posts, the most impressive social issues topics for essay or paper.
If you want to write an effective and engaging controversial essay, you definitely need to take into consideration the best social issue topics or ...
150 Satire Essay Topics Ideas
As a student, you are required to write a variety of different essays and articles for school and college. Of course, this means writing about lots...
Receive regular updates, discounts, study guides and more
You have subscribed to EduBirdie news.
Thanks for subscribing!
Check your inbox to verify your email.
A List of 199 Problem Solution Essay Topics & Questions
A problem solution essay is a type of persuasive essay. It’s a piece of writing that presents a particular problem and provides different options for solving it. It is commonly used for subject exams or IELTS writing tasks.
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for $13.00 $10.40/page
In this article, we’ll take a look at how to write this type of essay. We will also provide ideas of good problem and solution essay topics to ease students’ writing process. But first: check out our custom writing service in case you need academic assistance!
- 🔝 Top 10 Topics
✅ How to Write a Problem Solution Essay
⭐ top 10 problem and solution essay topics for 2023.
- 🧑🤝🧑 Topics about Society
- 🏫 Topics on Education
- 💵 Business & Finance Topics
- 🍎 Health & Psychology Topics
- 🌎 Environment Topics
- 🐶 Topics about Animals
- 🔬 Science & Technology Topics
- 🏠 Local Problem Solution Topics
- 😄 Funny & Easy Topics
🔝 top 10 problem solution essay topics.
- The best way to improve logistics
- How to prevent drunk driving
- How can we prevent stroke?
- Ways to promote independent music
- How to prevent teen pregnancy
- Can schools help with childhood obesity?
- Ways to teach children financial literacy
- What can we do to stop human trafficking?
- Can teaching self-defense reduce violence?
- Building dams to fight the flooding problem
When starting to write an essay, think about a problem in the community that needs to be resolved. Sometimes, you will get a ready topic, like at an IELTS exam.
The topics might vary, but the outline of an essay will remain the same. First, write a list of actions that can help to solve the problem. Then, pick the three that you like best and evaluate them.
Once you get your solutions, start writing.
Any essay, whether it’s for high school or college, should be well-structured. Problem solution essays consist of two paragraphs: problem description and solution . The first section is generally divided into several parts:
- Introduction. Provide the definition of the problem, some general background, and thesis statement with possible solutions.
- Situation. Give clear examples on the issue so that readers can understand it better.
- Problem. Describe the issue and its effect on people.
In the solution section, you need to identify several potential solutions and evaluate their effectiveness. It should include:
- Two or more possible solutions .
- Evaluation and critical assessment of the solutions.
- Conclusion with a summary of the main points of the text.
Now, you have a general idea about the writing process. To help facilitate your writing, take a look at the topic ideas below.
- Is group therapy effective against BPD?
- Can smart fridges prevent binge eating?
- Can having remote workers decrease costs?
- Sustainable homes as a way to save energy
- How nature reserves prevent wildlife extinction
- Reducing education costs with online education
- Is gun control a way to stop mass shootings?
- Can class discussions help fight youth violence?
- One-child policy as a way to stop overpopulation
- Is car sharing effective for decreasing CO2 emissions?
🧑🤝🧑 Problem and Solution Topics about Society
Social issues are problems of every level that influence the members of our society. They may refer to various factors, such as racial inequality or bullying, that affect the well-being of people or the community as a whole. Here are some problem-solving topics that will help you start writing.
- A part of the world’s population lives in conditions that don’t meet their basic needs. What are the ways to alleviate or prevent poverty ?
- There were several instances when social media websites were accused of gathering people’s private information. What are the ways to ensure privacy in the digital age?
- A vast number of girls get pregnant and give birth before the age of 20. What are some ways to reduce the teenage pregnancy rate in your country?
- Body shaming is one of the biggest problems of today’s society. What are the ways to solve this issue?
- Despite an increase in public awareness about the adverse effects of racism , the issue persists. How can we eliminate it?
- Unemployment negatively affects the living conditions of many people. It also facilitates such issues as domestic violence and depression. How can unemployment rates be improved in your country?
- Education is a fundamental human right, yet many people in some developing countries remain illiterate. How can we solve this issue?
- Habits such as smoking and overeating negatively affect people’s health. How can we better promote healthy lifestyles ?
- Victims of domestic violence often develop physical disabilities, chronic health problems, and stress. In what ways can we reduce domestic violence in our society?
- Inequality in payment, sexual harassment, and difficulty getting promoted are some of the issues women face at workplaces. What can our society do to increase equality ?
- Celebrities often appear to look flawless, which affects people’s body image. How can we promote healthier beauty standards?
- When children observe violent behaviors, they become more aggressive. In what ways can we prevent them from witnessing violence?
- Health care is a major social issue, as many people don’t have access to high-quality services. How can we improve this situation?
- The ownership of guns increases the chances of unintentional shootings, which can result in casualties. How can gun control policies be improved?
- The consumption of illegal drugs often leads to overdosing. In what ways can people be persuaded not to do drugs?
- Drunk driving is the leading cause of vehicle accidents. What is the best way to restrict people from doing it?
- Human trafficking is a grave problem that affects countries all over the world. How can it be prevented?
- Women often report being sexually assaulted while in college. What can we do to reduce this problem?
- Homeless people are more likely to engage in abuse or violent behavior. What can be done to solve the issue?
- Parental divorce is a traumatic experience for a child. How can its adverse effects be eliminated?
🏫 Problem Solution Essay Topics on Education
The educational system is riddled with issues. You can think of numerous drawbacks that need to be addressed to make education better. Below are several examples of problem solution essay topics that will inspire you to write.
- In the pandemic environment, many students had to resort to online education , often with questionable quality. What are the ways to make e-learning effective?
- Many schools fail to provide adequate sex education programs. How can we reduce the stigma around this topic?
- Numerous students get bad grades due to reasons other than laziness. How can we help struggling learners?
- For many students, a strict schedule remains a big issue. Should students be offered the possibility of flexibility?
- Many private and public schools require a strict uniform . Are there ways to express one’s individuality without violating the dress code?
- A majority of students in schools and colleges admit to cheating. What are the ways to put an end to this behavior?
- Technology usage in education can be beneficial, as it might improve engagement and individual learning. How can schools become more adaptable to digitalization?
- Learning a foreign language can help students develop additional mental abilities. Should it be mandatory in all schools?
- Students often find themselves delaying or postponing tasks. It leads to lower grades and health issues, such as headaches or insomnia. How can we reduce the levels of student procrastination?
- Obesity is associated with the leading causes of death in the US. Should the educational system include more physical education classes to build a fitter community?
- Students with learning disorders may have a feeling of frustration when mastering a subject. In what ways can colleges adapt to their needs?
- There are many subjects in school, and not all of them are equally useful for everyone. How can we make sure that students are learning what is best for them?
- Schools often put more funding into science, mathematics, and humanities. Should they also fund physical education (PE)?
- Gifted education allows talented students to learn more and move ahead at their pace. At the same time, it creates inequality. How can these programs be improved?
- Disruptive children usually prevent themselves and other students in class from working. What are the ways to deal with these students to make the work effective?
- The core curriculum for all schools allows all children to be taught all subjects but can be a bit strict. Should all schools have the same curriculum?
- Students are often provided with college preparation classes that don’t prepare them for work. Should schools focus more on getting students job-ready?
- Bullying and violence are the major issues at school that affect mental and physical health. What can teachers do to prevent these behaviors at school?
- The majority of students don’t perform equally well in all subjects. Instead, they excel in certain ones and fail in others. Should learners be allowed to choose their courses?
- Printed books are not easy to update, as new editions are often costly. Should schools move to digital textbooks ?
💵 Business & Finance Problem Solutions Topics
A significant number of issues can arise while managing a business or creating a startup. It can be related to anything from cybersecurity to marketing strategies. If you are into entrepreneurship, consider choosing a problem solutions topic from the list below.
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.
- Raising minimum wages might result in the loss of jobs. What are the alternatives?
- Job dissatisfaction often stems from issues related to wages, career progression, and leadership approach. How can we increase job satisfaction?
- The high unemployment rate brings an economic loss to the government, as well as causes individual sufferings. What are the possible methods to reduce it?
- A large number of startups fail in the first year of functioning. How can governments ensure their sustainability?
- Low employee productivity can create serious setbacks for businesses. What are the ways to increase productivity?
- Bad customer service damages the company’s reputation and leads to the loss of clients. What are the steps to fix this issue?
- The lack of teamwork might result in efficiency and productivity drop. How can we improve team cooperation in the company?
- Inflation negatively affects people with fixed wages and large amounts of cash savings. How can it be avoided?
- Carrying a student loan debt and failure to repay one may result in serious financial troubles. How can we solve the problems associated with student credit?
- The lack of performance monitoring might lead to unintended behaviors within the organization. How can we persuade people to start using a set of performance indicators?
- A significantly high number of people live from payday to payday, failing to accumulate savings. What is the best way to save money monthly?
- Bad investments rarely bring any profit. How can people avoid poor investments?
- Financial crisis can lead to mass job losses and businesses shutting down. How can we overcome recessions effectively?
- The biggest challenge for small businesses during a pandemic is staying open and making a profit. How can governments support small businesses in case of another epidemic?
- Poor marketing might result in financial problems and low customer volumes. How can you improve an average marketing strategy?
- Imagine a company whose cash flow is adequate, yet there aren’t enough financial resources for it to grow. What are the ways to manage a strapped budget?
- Employee turnover has immediate consequences for a company. How can we reduce it?
- Business competition can harm small businesses through price factors and labor costs. How can they handle the competition?
- Poor workflow directly affects the revenue of the company. How can companies manage it effectively?
- Unsatisfied customers might spread the word about the ineffectiveness of the company. How can organizations increase customer satisfaction?
🍎 Health & Psychology Problem Solving Topics
Problems related to health and mental well-being are common in the modern world. It’s not surprising, considering the influence of consumerist culture and environmental factors. You can address any issue you’re particularly concerned about. The following problem solution essay topics will give you an idea of where to start.
- There are several reasons for poor mental health among older people in the US. What are the ways to improve it?
- Substance addiction affects individuals because of the stigma associated with it. In what ways can we help people in recovery?
- A significant number of people suffer from eating disorders, which affects their mental and physical states. How can society prevent it?
- Depression is a common disorder among teenagers. How can teachers and parents help them manage it?
- Birth order can impact the way parents treat their children and children’s behavior. Can we, as a society, raise more awareness about the effects of birth order?
- Post-traumatic stress disorder is experienced by people who suffered from trauma. How can society help those who have it?
- Peer pressure forces people to do things that they might not want to do. How can we reduce its influence?
- Romantic relationships often fail due to misunderstandings. How do we raise awareness about the possible difference in love styles?
- Schizophrenia is a complicated mental illness that has a severe impact on one’s life. How can society help people seek treatment for this disorder?
- Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) might isolate themselves from peers. How can teachers and parents help kids with social skills impairments?
- Alzheimer’s disease affects intellectual and physical abilities, memory, and personality. How can people prevent its development?
- Somatization disorder is a tendency to feel psychological pain in the form of physical. What is the best treatment for its symptoms?
- Prolonged use of defense mechanisms makes people feel as if they aren’t in control of their own emotions. How can we help people overcome these feelings?
- A significant percentage of children have ADHD. How can we help children with this disorder?
- Nowadays, many people have sleep disorders. How can insomnia be prevented?
- The coronavirus pandemic of 2020 caused many children to feel lonely and detached. What can parents do to help their kids in case of another pandemic?
- Suicide is a growing problem among people of all ages. What can we do to prevent it?
- Constant stress negatively affects sleep quality. What techniques can help improve it?
- It’s natural for parents to help their children as much as possible. But because of this, they often put them under too much pressure. How can we help parents find the right balance?
- Constant stress increases the chances of stroke . What are the ways to reduce the risk?
🌎 Problem Solving Topic Ideas about Environment
Today’s most significant environmental issue is climate change, but it’s not the only one. There are more global problems that need to be resolved. If you’re concerned about the environment, here are some problem-cause-solution topics for you.
- Drinking water has become an uncommon thing in many countries due to pollution. What can people do to help with this problem?
- Climate change has numerous adverse effects, such as shifting seasons and new sicknesses. How can this issue be effectively addressed?
- Vehicles release a significant amount of greenhouse gases, which contributes to global warming. Should there be a rule about reducing car usage to facilitate the solution to the environmental problem?
- Woodlands produce oxygen and help regulate the temperature. Unfortunately, a vast amount of wooded areas is lost due to deforestation . What are the possible ways to solve this problem?
- Marine life is suffering because of the amount of carbon in the water. How can people protect it?
- Air pollution poses a serious danger to people’s health. How can we reduce its adverse effects?
- Overpopulation results in a deficiency of assets like water, food, and fuel. How can we control it?
- Ozone depletion leads to an increase in the amount of ultraviolet. It results in cancer and other skin diseases. How can we solve this problem?
- Due to overpopulation, people use natural resources faster than nature can replenish them. How can we prevent its depletion?
- Leftover food is a massive problem, as it wastes water and farmland. How can we reduce it?
- Pesticides used to grow fruits and vegetables might cause health problems. How can we promote organic farming?
- Polluted soil contains chemicals dangerous to humans, animals, and plants. Is there something that can help to avoid soil pollution?
- Using bicycles reduces the amount of greenhouse gas emissions and global warming. How can governments promote the usage of bicycles to reduce air pollution?
- Natural disasters result from Earth’s processes and negatively affect people’s lives. What can we do to prepare for natural hazards?
- Fluorinated gases used in refrigerators and hair sprays significantly contribute to climate change. How can we minimize their impact on the environment?
- Oil spills harm wildlife and marine life, as well as contribute to climate change. How can major companies prevent that from happening?
- Marine life is drowning in plastic, which creates major environmental issues. How can we stop plastic pollution in the ocean?
- The rapid loss of biodiversity threatens our health and economic stability. What can we, as consumers, do to solve this issue?
- A significant amount of money is spent on cleaning garbage. Still, it’s not enough to get rid of it completely. What are the solutions to the problem of littering?
- Noise pollution creates discomfort and lowers the quality of people’s lives. What are the practical ways to reduce it?
🐶 Problem Solution Essay Topics about Animals
Animals have existed on our planet way before the emergence of humans. As time went by, many species vanished or became endangered due to people’s activities. Factory farms, fur industry, poaching— all of these issues require a solution. If you’re passionate about this topic, try exploring one of the following prompts.
- Circus animals are often violently forced to jump through rings of fire, ride bicycles, and do other activities. How can we stop the use of wild animals in circuses?
- Experiments on animals lead to reduced quality of their life and are often ineffective. How can we help stop this practice?
- Hunting causes pain and suffering to animals and disrupts the patterns created in the animal communities, such as wolf packs. How can people reduce hunting?
- The animals in zoos are deprived of natural habitat and are forced to be near people. How can we make zoos as comfortable as possible for them?
- The fur industry takes millions of animals’ lives away. How can people stop it?
- One of the issues animal shelters face is the lack of public awareness. What are the strategies to improve their work?
- Many animals live in abusive environments, where they’re neglected or physically hurt. What are the solutions to this problem?
- Dog Hunters Association argues for the right to use dogs in hunting. How can we change their attitude towards animals?
- Dogs from puppy mills are often poorly treated and suffer from a variety of diseases. How can this practice be stopped?
- Due to human activities, many animals are on the brink of extinction. How can we protect endangered species ?
- Dog meat is still used for human consumption in some parts of Asia. What are the ways to stop the inhumane trade?
- Some animal species are sold, either alive or dead, to various countries. What are the ways to stop the wildlife trade and keep animals safe in their natural environment?
- One of the primary reasons for animal extinction is poaching. What are the solutions to this issue?
- After adopting animals, some people decide that they no longer want them and send them to shelters. How can we prevent this from happening?
- Killing horses for meat is inhumane, and horse meat consumption is dangerous. How can we stop these practices?
- With more forests being cleared for farming and building, wild animals lose their natural habitats. How can people make safer environments for them?
- Ring fighting leaves animals with severe wounds that might lead to death. What can we do to stop it?
- Some countries continue to kill whales for commercial purposes, which threatens their existence. How can we stop whaling?
- The continuation of the ivory trade results in thousands of elephants being killed annually. What actions should be taken to stop it?
- Factory farms work to maximize profit, which is why animals are kept in inhumane conditions. What are the ways to reduce this cruelty?
🔬 Science & Technology Problem Solutions Topics
Scientific and technological processes are complicated and riddled with issues. Advances in these fields increase as well as worsen the quality of human life. In case you’re interested in science or technology, have a look at these problem solution essay topics.
- With the widespread use of technology, students can find everything online, which affects their critical thinking . What are the most effective ways to preserve this ability?
- There’s a price we have to pay for living in a digital age. It includes the loss of online data privacy. What is the best way to maintain it?
- To run research, scientists need large amounts of money, which often becomes an issue. How can they get more funding?
- A significant percentage of research papers contain wrong results due to poor study design . What is the best way to improve it?
- Scientists rarely want to replicate existing research. The results might turn out insignificant, and some studies are too hard to replicate. How can scientists be encouraged to do it nevertheless?
- Peer review is meant to prevent poor-quality works from being published. Yet, it doesn’t always work. How can the peer review system be fixed?
- Often, not everyone can access a published study due to journals being expensive. How can we make knowledge more accessible?
- Many people are unaware of scientific research in crucial areas such as nutrition. What is the best way to communicate scientific facts to a larger population?
- Cyber attacks are a significant threat to many businesses, as they involve the theft of large amounts of information. What are the ways to prevent them from happening?
- Artificial intelligence implementation creates new challenges, such as the risk of unemployment. How can we solve emerging technological problems?
- Technological advances allowed some countries to transition to cashless societies . While it has many advantages, it also creates some security concerns. What is the best solution for these issues?
- With technology advancing at a quicker pace, it is harder to find talented personnel to work with it. How can you help the employees to adapt to new technologies?
- While many researchers have ideas for studies, only a few get financial support for them. How can the government support scientists more effectively?
- Mobile apps, social media, and games distract people from the real world. How can we stop smartphone addiction?
- Many graduating Ph.D. students have limited training for jobs outside of academic research. What can universities do to change the situation for the better?
- Wearable computers, such as Apple Watch, have become very convenient. Yet, they create additional privacy and security issues. How can we overcome the challenges of body-borne computers?
- Cyberbullying victims might experience psychological issues, such as depression, anxiety, and social exclusion. What is the best way to prevent it?
- Environmental issues, such as air and water pollution, negatively affect the quality of life. How can technology help us save the environment?
- Scientists are often obligated to publish research only with statistically significant results. How can bias towards certain studies be eliminated?
- The constant stress and underpayment cause talented people to quit their careers in science. How can they be encouraged to continue working in their field?
🏠 Local Problem Solution Essay Topics
Another excellent idea for your essay is to write about the problems in your community. Think about the issues that need to be resolved, and start your writing. These topics will facilitate your creativity.
Just $13.00 $10.40/page , and you can get an custom-written academic paper according to your instructions
- A significant number of people view affordability of healthcare as a pressing problem, as it is quite expensive. How can healthcare costs be reduced in your community?
- Children may be exposed to hazardous labor, which can harm their health. What can be done to stop child labor in your country?
- Youth violence increases the possibility of future behavior and mental health problems. How can people stop this type of violent behavior in your community?
- The rise in rent prices makes housing hard to afford. How can housing in your country be improved?
- People who leave school or college often feel unprepared for work. This makes them feel anxious about getting a job. How can school leavers in your country be helped to get employed?
- When they get older, many young adults struggle to manage their finances. What is the best way to improve financial literacy in your community?
- A good internet connection has become a necessity for many people. This also made access to high-speed internet a major issue. How can you solve this problem in your local community?
- Drug addiction is a public health problem that affects many people, especially youth. What are the solutions to the drug abuse problem in your country?
- Traffic congestion causes environmental issues, as well as vehicle breakdowns. What is the best way to stop this in your country?
- Poverty leads to a lack of education, malnutrition, social exclusion, and limited access to other essential services. How can this problem be solved in your country?
- Crime can cause short-term problems, like an injury , and long-term ones, such as depression or PTSD. How can illegal behavior be reduced in your community?
- After graduating from college, many students face difficulties in finding a job. How can educational institutions in your country help graduates get employed?
- Public transportation can be frustrating with its inflexibility and delays. How can it be improved in your country?
- Lack of car parking areas is a common problem in urban areas. How can people solve this issue in your city?
- Junk food advertisements target children, which later leads to an increase in childhood obesity. How can we protect young people in your country from being affected by these advertisements?
- Hate crime affects the security of individuals and societies as a whole. How can such crimes be prevented in your community?
- Corruption is a global issue that negatively affects the economic and political systems of the country. What are the measures to resolve this issue in your state?
- Low fertility rates reduce the population size of a country. If your country has low birth rates, how can it be improved?
- Media propaganda has the potential of promoting violent behavior and reducing trust in the government. How should this problem be dealt with in your country?
- The number of acts of domestic violence against women, men, and children continues to grow drastically in many societies. How should these cases be handled in your country?
😄 Funny & Easy Problem Solution Essay Topics
Problems are not always serious and yet require a solution. Whether it’s a choice of cereal or a friend zone, it’s an issue that has to be dealt with. Take a look at the funny problem solution essay topics list, and choose the one you like the most.
- We often buy items that we never use afterward. How can we prevent ourselves from buying unnecessary stuff ?
- Your favorite soccer team keeps losing, and it’s affecting your mood. What’s the best way to cope with this continuous disappointment?
- You’ve invented a cool, new nickname for yourself. How do you get people to use it?
- You love playing League of Legends with your friend. They’re the worst support, but they insist on having this role. What should you do about it?
- Santa Claus is a beloved figure for many children. But they can’t believe in him forever. How should parents tell their kids that Santa isn’t real?
- Water is crucial to human survival. Still, some people don’t like its bland taste. How can you stay hydrated without resorting to unhealthy, sugary drinks?
- Happiness matters, as it makes people feel at ease. What can you do to make your community happier?
- Your partner loves jazz while you prefer death metal. How do you overcome this musical discrepancy?
- A sturdy case can ruin the appearance even of the most beautiful phone. How can one compromise effectively on this issue?
- House parties are fun, but your neighbors probably disagree. How can you throw a noisy party without upsetting those who live close by?
- It’s hard to keep up the spark in long-distance relationships. Conversations via Zoom quickly get boring. What are fun things a couple can do together on the internet?
- Many people believe that legalizing marijuana will reduce its consumption levels and solve social and economic issues. What are the other solutions to cannabis use?
- Taking a perfect selfie requires much patience. How can you make creating a fantastic picture of yourself easier?
- Pizza is great, but it’s not particularly healthy. How can you upgrade your favorite junk food to make it more nourishing?
- Studies have shown that growing houseplants is good for the mood. But what do you do if you simply don’t have a green thumb?
- Exercising is important, but it’s not fun for everyone. What can unathletic people do to stay fit without suffering?
- Being the funny one among friends often prevents people from taking you seriously. What can change people’s attitude towards you?
- Some people face the issue of “having a lot of clothes, but nothing to wear.” How can we fix this problem?
- Your friends want to go on a trip soon, but you’re broke. What are the best strategies for students to save $100 in four weeks?
Thank you for reading this article! Hopefully, these topics will help you write your problem-solution essay. Also, don’t forget to send this article to your friends, who might find it useful!
- 182 Free Ideas for Argumentative or Persuasive Essay Topics
- 200 Creative Topics for Opinion Essays
- 180 Excellent Evaluation Essay Topics
- 140 Classification Essay Topics and Ideas
- 150+ Excellent Narrative Essay Topics
- 260 Good Descriptive Essay Topics and Writing Tips
- 135 Creative Definition Essay Topics and Writing Tips
- Prewriting for Problem Solution Essays: Thoughtful Learning
- Structuring Your Essay: Solent University
- Analyzing Community Problems and Solutions: The University of Kansas
- 10 Major Challenges Facing Public Schools: Public School Review
- Major Issues in Education: 20 Hot Topics: Trade Schools
- The 10 Biggest Challenges Businesses Face Today (and Need Consultants for): Hiscox UK
- How to Overcome Financial Stress and Improve Finances: Bank of America
- The Most Important Health Problems (and Why They Matter): Harvard
- 5 Health Problems You’re Actually Not Too Young For: John Hopkins Medicine
- 10 Health Problems Related to Stress that You Can Actually Fix: WebMD
- Top 25 Environmental Concerns: Conserve Energy Future
- All Our Fights: The Humane Society of the United States
- The 7 Biggest Problems Facing Science, According to 270 Scientists: Vox
- Problems that Face Urban, Suburban, and Rural Communities in America: Pew Research Center
- 14 Major Tech Issues & What Can Solve Them: Built In
- Five of the World′s Biggest Environmental Problems: DW.com
- Main Health Problems and Challenges: Pan American Health Organization
- Against the Environment. Problems in Society/Nature Relations: Frontiers
- Business Financing Problems: Chron.com
- Social Issues and Community Interactions: The National Academies Press
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
Recommended for You
Student Exchange Program (Flex) Essay Topics 
Participating in a student exchange program is a perfect opportunity to visit different countries during your college years. You can discover more about other cultures and learn a new language or two. If you have a chance to take part in such a foreign exchange, don’t miss it. Keep in...
520 Excellent American History Topics & Tips for an A+ Paper
How can you define America? If you’ve ever asked yourself this question, studying US history will help you find the answer. This article will help you dive deeper into this versatile subject. Here, you will find: Early and modern US history topics to write about. We’ve also got topics for...
380 Powerful Women’s Rights & Feminism Topics 
Are you looking for perfect feminist topics? Then you’ve come to the right place. With our help, you can be sure to craft a great essay. Here, you can find feminist topics for discussion, feminism research topics and other ideas and questions for students. Some people think all feminists hate...
460 Excellent Political Topics to Write about in 2023
If you have an assignment in politics, look no further—this article will help you ace your paper. Here, you will find a list of unique political topics to write about compiled by our custom writing team. But that’s not all of it! Keep reading if you want to: See how to tackle political essay topics in your paper; Choose a topic that will be interesting for you to research; Refresh your knowledge of essential political concepts. Now, without further ado, let’s get started! Below, you’ll find political topics and questions for your task. 🔝 Top 10...
300 Interesting Nutrition Topics to Research
It’s not a secret that our health largely depends on nutrition. A balanced and wholesome diet improves our immune system. It lowers the risk of getting sick and makes us more productive. But if we don’t eat right, our overall well-being and performance worsen. You see, nutrition topics are more...
A List of 470 Powerful Social Issues Essay Topics
In modern societies, people do everything to live peacefully. Still, tensions often arise. We call them social issues when they start negatively impacting a specific group of people. Poverty, discrimination, and addiction are examples of such problems. We need to confront them to ensure equal treatment for everyone.
200 Most Commonly Accepted Problem And Solution Essay Topics
If you are working on a problem solutions essay, you might find it the most exciting attempt. The first thing to nail down for writing a captivating essay is selecting a topic. Make sure you make inviting for the readers. How do you do that? Take inspiration from the amazing problem and solution essay topics in this guide. Let’s get started!
If you have already found a proper topic for your next problem solutions essay then you might ask EssayZoo to write it for you. We provide essays for sale for our first-time clients with a satisfaction guarantee.
- Topics For College Students
- Good Essay Ideas
- Topics About Society
- Topics Related To Business
- Environmental Essay Topics
- Topics For Elementary School
- Topic Ideas For Middle School
- Essay Topics For High School
- Health Essay Topics
- Topics About Technology
- Essay Topics About Animals
- Funny Essay Topics
Persuasive Problem Solution Essay Topics
- Essay Topics on Education
- Easy Essay Topics
Problem Solution Essay Topics For College Students
Below is the problem solution essay topics for college students:
- How to reduce sexual assaults on college campuses?
- How can online classes become more effective?
- Colleges and universities should not allow permitted guns on campus
- What are the best methods to prevent procrastination ?
- How can students start earning while in college?
- How to improve online class attendance?
- How an education at Monroe college will benefit you in the future ?
- How can mental health be improved among students?
- What are some best ways to overcome homesickness?
- How can students reduce their stress levels ?
- Can colleges become safer? If yes, how?
- How can managing finances become easier for students?
- Students in college should not be given child support
- What is the role of government in supporting college education?
- How can social media influence one’s academic results?
Good Problem Solution Essay Topics
Here are a few shortlisted problem solution essay topic ideas you can take inspiration from:
- How to limit the effects of video games on a child’s lifestyle?
- Should parents be held responsible for their child’s unhealthy lifestyle? What can be done to prevent this problem?
- How can families help in promoting a positive body image among kids?
- How the syndrome of multitasking is affecting relationships ?
- How can the spread of the Corona Virus be controlled?
- What measured to take to eliminate the texting while driving problem?
- How to encourage people to shift towards public transport?
- List down some of the worst traffic violations? What are some effective prevention remedies?
- How to help a depressed patient?
- How can you start blogging in 2021?
- How can you multitask without compromising the quality of your performance?
- Is shifting career paths in middle age possible? What can be done?
- What can you do to remove the misconceptions regarding the feminist movement ?
Problem Solution Essay Topics About Society
Here are some problem solution essay topics about the society you can work with:
- What are the most effective ways to prevent drunk driving accidents?
- How can children in broken families be helped to lead a normal life?
- How can divorce be prevented?
- How can illegal immigration be dealt with?
- How can prisoners be rehabilitated to become productive members of society?
- The role of society in improving literacy
- What can we do to reduce childhood obesity and promote healthy habits among them?
- How is it possible to minimize the effects of smoking ?
- What are some ways to reduce unemployment?
- How can people escape generational slavery ?
- How can you make your city more pedestrian-friendly?
- What can be done to eliminate religious differences from society?
- How to discourage teenage pregnancy ?
- How to maintain a healthy BMI?
- What to do to help teenage drug addicts ?
- How to tackle the side effects of Corona vaccination ?
Problem Solution Essay Topics Related To Business
It is a great category to choose from. Let’s take a look at some inspiring problem and solution essay topics:
- How can shoplifting be prevented from a shopping mall?
- What are some strategic ideas to make the packaging of your product stand out?
- How can a new business increase its sales and revenue?
- Highlight three of your strengths that will be of value in your future career .
- The customer is always right. How to handle situations when you think they are not?
- How can fresh graduates start their own business?
- McDonald’s scientific management and bureaucratic structure .
- As a new business, which management software should be chosen? How to decide?
- How can you be innovative without increasing costs?
- Stress management in business and the workplace .
- How can you gain a competitive edge in a saturated industry?
- What are some lucrative businesses one should invest in?
- How to be profitable while practicing CSR ?
- How can being ethical improve sales?
- What can you do to become the market leader in the industry?
- How can you allocate scarce resources optimally?
Environmental Problem Solution Essay Topics
Working on environmental essays can be an excellent way to learn valuable tips for making the Earth a little better. Below listed are some amazing problem and solving essay topics that you can work with:
- How is air pollution contributing to global warming ? How can you avoid it?
- How can you improve the interconnection of human health and the natural environment?
- What are some of the leading causes of environmental degradation? What role can you play?
- Women’s rights and environmental protection .
- What can be the benefits of imposing pollution caps on factories?
- Dams become the reason for many environmental problems. How can these be curbed?
- Environmental impacts of deforestation .
- What needs to be done for securing sustainable energy resources?
- Why are food resources depleting all around the world? How can this be slowed down?
- Global and environmental health .
- How is it justifiable to say that fossil fuels, oil, coal, nuclear power, and natural gas are destroying our environment? What are some practical solutions?
- Environmental wellness .
- How are humans accelerating climate change globally?
- Measures that can be taken to prevent resource scarcity?
- What can the government do to eliminate the dependence on non-renewable sources of energy?
- The management of an environmental pollutant .
- How can recycling solve environmental issues? How can you make this practice a habit?
- What makes cheap products worth it was given the environmental costs that come with it?
- How can hybrid cars make a difference in saving our environment?
- How to speed up the recovery process following oil spillages in the oceans?
- What are the effects of mass shootings on the environment?
Problem Solution Essay Topics For Elementary School
Not sure what topic to choose for your elementary school essay? Find a good topic for the problem solution essay below:
- How can sports help in improving your health?
- How to deal with family issues?
- Do you feel alone all of the time? What can be done to help?
- How can studying maths help in becoming a successful businessman?
- How to treat your class-fellows with respect?
- How can you save money? Why is it a good habit?
- What can you do to improve your grades?
- Is your teacher treating you unfairly? What to do in such a case?
- Why is junk food bad for health? How can you enjoy home-cooked meals?
- How to make good friends in school?
- What can you do to keep your school tidy?
- Why is bullying a bad trait? How can you stop it?
Problem Solution Essay Topics For Middle School
You can use the shortlisted topics for the solution essay mentioned below, or feel free to do your research.
- We are ending the private vs public school debate for once. What factors to consider while making your pick?
- How can global warming be slowed down?
- What can be done to prevent feeling lonely in a school environment?
- How can you manage sports with studying?
- Why should phones be permissible in schools?
- What are the benefits of uniforms? How can banning them help the institution?
- Should students get the complete freedom of selecting the subjects to study?
- What school rules should be mended? How will it help?
- Is sitting with your friend in class a good idea? How does it help?
- The role of self-defense class for a better future
- Why is basketball better than any other sport?
Problem Solution Essay Topics For High School
The topics below will make the process of writing the proposal essay way easier. What are you waiting for?
- List down some effective ways to eliminate stereotypes in society?
- The significance of work experience with education. What can you do right now?
- How can high school friendships last a lifetime?
- How to reduce the number of teen suicides?
- Should you take a student loan? What are other alternatives?
- How can students successfully meet their academic expenses on their own?
- Time management is an art. How to master it?
- Is educating children an effective way to solve social issues?
- What is a must to be included in a health class curriculum?
- How can students manage their academic performances while going through a parental divorce?
- What are some best ways to relieve stress?
- The role of education in preventing DUI deaths?
- How can helping homeless people reduce the crime rate in a country?
Health Problem Solution Essay Topics
Extended essays on health problems can be a bit intimidating. Choose from the wide array of topics below to help you get started.
- How can doctors make the patients participating in a clinical trial more comfortable?
- How to encourage people for participating in clinical trials?
- What educational programs can best prevent children from growing up unhealthy?
- What is the link between poverty and health issues in a country? What can be done to improve the situation?
- Can parents be held responsible for a child’s suicidal behavior? How to prevent this from the start?
- How can we provide terminally ill people with a satisfying end-of-life experience?
- What are the root causes of childhood pregnancy? How to discourage these practices?
- How can UTIs be avoided?
- Should sex-ed classes be made mandatory in schools?
- How to increase awareness about breast cancer among young ladies?
- How can health care become accessible to all?
- What can heighten the chances of STDs? How can this be prevented?
- How can people be encouraged for going to routine medical checkups?
Problem/Solution Essay Topics About Technology
The list below will provide you potential ideas for your problem and solution essay topic:
- How can AI revolutionize digital marketing?
- How can cyberbullying be prevented?
- How is communication being changed with the development of the latest technology? How can you keep up?
- What would your life be like without modern technology? Think up ways you can be less dependent on technology?
- How can you prevent your child from becoming addicted to smartphones?
- How is technology helping us to solve social problems?
- How can social media create social problems in a country? What to do about it?
- What do you think are the implications of globalization on the global economy? What are you doing about it?
- What is the solution for the frustrating glitches with technology changing so quickly?
- Why is genetically engineering your child morally wrong?
- How can education become more effective in times of Corona and online classes?
- How can cheating be prevented during online examinations?
- How can digital tools make us more productive?
Problem Solution Essay Topics About Animals
Writing a problem solution for your essay? Animals make an interesting pick. You can choose from the options below:
- How can you put an end to animal extinction?
- If you are thinking of keeping a pet, which one is the best to get?
- How can pets help in releasing stress?
- Why is adopting a pet from a shelter a better option than buying one?
- Is it okay to keep wild animals in your home as a pet?
- Which kind of animals can be used for experimentation, and how can you justify it?
- How can you prevent the ill consequences that will follow with the extinction of endangered species?
- How can we reduce water pollution to save aquatic life?
- What is the impact of human life on wildlife? How can it be altered to make this world a better place?
- How can veterinary care become more affordable for everyone?
- How to say no to business ventures involved in animal testing?
- Should animals have more rights? How can this be implemented?
- How will deforestation affect the ecology? What can government do to stop this?
Funny Problem Solution Essay Topics
Making your essay humorous is a great way to engross the readers. Below are a few smart topics you can work on:
- Why should your family eat dessert first?
- Why does your grandmother need the latest iPhone?
- How is getting your phone stolen a good thing?
- Why should you have been the only child? What can I do now?
- Why should spam mails be your favourite type of email?
- Why does your girlfriend always complain? How to make it better?
- How would I change the world if I became president for one day?
- Why are the least attention-paying students in the class the smartest?
- How to tell your wife her cooking sucks without hurting her feelings?
- Why do I always find serious situations funny? What can I do to stop?
- Why can I not stop laughing once I start? How to stop being weird?
- I do not use my phone while texting. Am I normal?
Choose a topic suggested below to craft the best persuasive problem essay ever!
- Should wealthy people have to pay more taxes? How will it benefit the economy and society?
- How ethical is capital punishment? How can it benefit the crime situation in a country?
- Are drunk drivers being punished appropriately around the world? If not, what is the solution?
- Should live filming of concerts be banned for a better experience?
- What is the best music genre to listen to when you feel low? How does it benefit you?
- Is it more fun to eat in a restaurant than at home? How can you change that?
- Should children be made to do their chores from an early age? How can this change their lifestyle?
- How is it better to snack all day instead of having three big meals?
- Overconfidence killed the cat. How to stay grounded?
- Young-age marriages should be promoted to reduce social issues like teenage pregnancies. How can this help? What are other ways of going about it?
- Spreading body positivity is a great way to boost self-esteem among youth. How can you practice it?
Problem Solution Essay Topics In Education
Are you looking for good topics for your essay? You are in the right place.
- Why should class attendance be made optional?
- Students should be allowed to add their teachers on Facebook. How will that be helpful?
- Why is it important to learn about civil wars ?
- How can education be made accessible to all?
- Should age be a restricting factor for joining the school?
- Why is a Master’s better than a Ph.D.?
- How can you keep learning even when you are out of school?
- How can teamwork be promoted in educational institutions?
- What can an institution do to prevent racism?
- How do make boring subjects exciting for students?
Easy Problem Solution Essay Topics
Everything will be easy with our top recommendations. Let’s have a look.
- Why is it unfair to say that global warming is overrated?
- How is organic food better and not just a marketing gimmick?
- Why is the first impression of a person never right? How to stop making judgments?
- How can copying from your competitor be a smart move?
- Why should all energy drinks be banned?
- How can redistribution of wealth eradicate poverty?
- How can child labor be prevented in your country?
- How can you make your marriage work?
- What can you do to lose weight healthily?
- ➡️ Descriptive Essay Topics For College Students
- ➡️ Proposal Essay Topic Ideas To Write Excellent Research Work
- ➡️ Compare And Contrast Essay Topics For Kids
- ➡️ Good Argumentative Essay Titles That Most Highly Influence Readers To Agree With The Essay’s Thesis
- ➡️ Process Analysis Topics
- ➡️ Definition Argument Topics
- ➡️ 100 College Essay Topics
- ➡️ Evaluation Topics Worth Writing About
- ➡️ Topics For Informative Essay
- ➡️ Critical Analysis Essay Topics
- ➡️ Classification Essay Topics
- ➡️ Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
- ➡️ Cause A nd Effect Paper Topics To Explore For Research
- ➡️ Satirical Essay Topics
- ➡️ Persuasive Essay Topics For Middle School
- ➡️ Good Personal Essay Topics
Here are five problem-solution essay topics that touch on social problems. 1. Problem: Undocumented immigrants Solution #1: Should the US government step up its deportation of undocumented immigrants, or should it offer asylum for those currently living in the country?
Problem/Solution Essay... Oh my god. I’m grading a problem/solution essay and one of my students is writing beautifully about why world hunger is a problem, and why we need to solve the issue. In her final paragraph, she advocates for cannibalism as a way to solve hunger AND overpopulation.
When it comes to writing a problem-and-solution essay, a topic web can be a useful tool to help you organize your thoughts and ideas. A topic web is a visual representation of the main idea and the supporting ideas that relate to it. It allows you to see how different ideas are connected and how they relate to the main problem.
Topics are divided into: 1. Social Issues 2. Relationships 3. Sports 4. College Life 5. Education 6. Family Life 7. Driving and Transportation Remember you can adapt these general ideas to fit your own school, town, or situation. Step By Step Writing Guide
The problem and solution essay topics you find online have been used over and over again by most students. Every problem solution essay topics list has been downloaded tens of thousands of times. Chances are, your classmates will pick some of these topics as well.
Political Problem Solution Essay Topics Politics is an issue that concerns everyone, whether we like it or not. One way or the other, your actions and inactions would determine the state of your society and country. There are no doubts that there are several problems in the political system all over the world today.
Problem solution essay topics are of particular interest as they are used to heading problem-solution essays. This type of essay deals with identifying an existent issue, challenge or problem in our society and tangible ways to fix them.
A problem solution essay is a type of persuasive essay. It’s a piece of writing that presents a particular problem and provides different options for solving it. It is commonly used for subject exams or IELTS writing tasks. Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for $13.00 $10.40/page 308 certified professionals on site Learn More
200 Most Commonly Accepted Problem And Solution Essay Topics. 2022/05/06 by Simon White Essay Topics To Write About. Last modified on May 17th, 2022. If you are working on a problem solutions essay, you might find it the most exciting attempt. The first thing to nail down for writing a captivating essay is selecting a topic.