Science of People
People Smarts for Smart People
333 informative speech topics to rock your presentation.
A powerful presentation covers a compelling topic that sparks your interest and hooks the audience. Use this master list to find your next great speech idea.
Table of Contents
What is an informative speech, how to pick an informative speech topic: the five w’s, list of informative speech topics: 333 ideas to spark your creativity, easy informative speech topics, informative speech topics for college, fun informative speech topics, interesting informative speech topics, informative speech topics about science, informative speech topics about animals , informative speech topics sports, bonus tip: level up your speech with stage presence, cultural informative speech topics, informative speech topics about history, informative speech topics about music, health informative speech topics, key takeaways: find inspiration for a speech.
You have been assigned a speech, presentation, or essay, but you have no clue what to talk about. A powerful presentation begins with a compelling topic that sparks your interest and hooks the audience. But you also need to discuss something you feel excited to research and discuss.
This guide contains 333 informative speech topics for your next presentation, plus pro tips for delivering the best presentation possible.
Informative speeches aim to teach or instruct the audience about a topic. They include objective information and fact-based research but can incorporate a unique perspective, compelling storytelling , or a powerful take-home message. Unlike a celebratory wedding toast or an inaugural speech , informative speeches are written specifically to educate.
The six key types of informative speeches are:
- Definition speeches : This speech aims to explain a concept or theory. For example, a speech topic starting with “What is…?” is usually a definition-type informative speech.
- Explanatory speeches : These speeches explain how something works. For example, an explanatory speech could explain how your brain processes information or how an electric car works.
- Demonstrative speeches : These classic “how-to’s” show the audience how to perform a task and often include a visual presentation. For example, students could teach their classmates how to be more productive or cook a healthy meal.
- Comparative speeches : When a speaker compares or contrasts two alternative things, they help the audience understand the similarities or differences between two topics. For example, a comparative speech may weigh the pros and cons of private versus public schools.
- Descriptive speeches : This informative speech describes a person, place, or thing and explains why the subject is essential. For example, a student may teach their classmates about a historical figure, or an entrepreneur may give a descriptive speech about the specifics of their product idea.
- Persuasive informative speeches : Although persuasive speeches are often categorized separately, some informative speeches can cross over into persuasion by using evidence to convince the audience why a particular method or perspective is better than its alternatives. For example, a salesperson may give a presentation to convince clients to buy their services, or a mental health advocate may give a speech to persuade people to do yoga more regularly.
↑ Table of Contents ↑
Whether you want to give a top-notch school speech assignment or a groundbreaking TED Talk , the best informative speeches have one thing in common: they deliver a purposeful message with a captivating delivery. You must understand the basic who, what, when, where, and why to pick the perfect topic.
- Who: Before you start looking for topics, you should know who your audience is. A college speech class is a far different audience than a room of conference attendees. Consider what your audience is interested in, why they should care about your speech and their level of knowledge about the topic. If you talk about something too basic, they may be bored, but if you discuss something too technical, they may have difficulty understanding your speech.
- What: Consider your passions and existing knowledge about a subject. The “what” of your speech is the meat of the presentation. Imagine a three-circle Venn diagram. The three circles are labeled: “things I am interested in,” “things my audience cares about,” and “things I can research.” The center point where these three circles overlap is the sweet spot for your speech topic.
- When (Length): The length of your speech can drastically impact how in-depth you dive into the topic. A five-minute speech should cover a niche topic or a high-level concept. A thirty-minute to an hour-long presentation can teach about a more detailed topic.
- Where: If you’re giving a speech in a meeting room at an office, your performance will likely be very different from speaking on stage in a large auditorium. Consider where you will be speaking and what kind of technology (projector, large screen, whiteboard, etc.) you will have available. The geographic location of your speech can also determine your selection of a local or regional topic relevant to the community.
- Why: Most importantly, you should know the purpose of your speech. If your goal is to get a good grade, it may help you pay more attention to following the teacher’s rubric. If your goal is to convince the audience to make a lifestyle change or donate to an important cause, you should structure your speech with the core “why” in mind.
The best speeches combine a simple message with charismatic delivery, an easily digestible structure, and something the audience can relate to. The essence of a great speech is that it arouses something in the audience, such as the motivation to take action or to see things in a new way.
In an informative speech, it is essential to have plenty of evidence or data to support your claims. But even the most well-researched presentation can feel hollow without the passion for delivering it authentically.
As you explore ideas for your speech, you should naturally gravitate toward intriguing and exciting topics. Giving a speech about something you think your teacher or colleagues will like (rather than what you’re truly interested in) could ultimately be inauthentic or boring. Take note of what makes your heart beat a little faster and follow that curiosity .
If you’re in a pinch, choose a speech topic that doesn’t require extensive explanations to get the point across. It may be a good idea to avoid anything controversial or technical. Instead, choose a straightforward demonstrative or descriptive topic with a wide range of online information.
- How to improve your communication skills
- The most memorable speeches in history
- Why you should buy an electric car
- The most popular cars of the year
- How to read body language
- Top habits of successful people
- The most famous actors in history
- The benefits of time in nature
- Lesser known presidents
- Most popular breeds of dogs
- The worst natural disasters in the world
- How to eat healthier
- Harmful impacts of technology
- How to survive without electricity
- The richest people in the world
- The top companies in the world
- Child geniuses and prodigies
- How does sugar influence the body?
- The history of Disneyland
- How to break bad habits
- Top beauty products for younger skin
- How to do your homework faster
- How to be more productive
- High school students should do these 5 things before graduating
- Why high school students should take a gap year before college
- The best healthy snacks
- Why you should go vegan
- How to be more confident
- How to start a business
- Fashion through the decades
Pro Tip : Start your speech with an attention-grabbing hook that draws the audience in to listen. Try not to start by mentioning a technical difficulty (“Is this microphone working?”) or saying a lackluster nicety (“Thanks for having me.”).
Instead, try starting with:
- A story: “I’m here for a reason. And It’s an interesting story….”
- A big idea: “The single most important thing I want to share with you today is….”
- A quirky one-liner or interesting fact: “You might have always thought….”
Here is a guide on How to Start a Speech: Best and Worst Speech Openers .
If public speaking isn’t scary enough, college speech classes can be brutal. You want to impress your professor without thoroughly embarrassing yourself in front of your peers. These topics are scholarly without being boring.
- How you can reduce your carbon footprint
- Different forms of learning
- The truth about microplastics and possible alternatives
- How to ace a college test
- Why schools shouldn’t give homework
- America’s fastest-growing cities
- The differences between female and male communication
- The best marketing tactics
- The importance of education for a country’s economy
- Ethical questions of artificial intelligence
- Unique ways to stop global climate change
- How to live to be 100
- Benefits of E-learning
- History of education in America
- How to eradicate poverty
- The real picture of foster care in America
- How to decide on a college major
- Pros and cons of the current education system
- Economics of urban versus rural development
- The history of agriculture
- How ancient Egyptians built the pyramids
- How to prevent the top 5 leading causes of death in America
- Understanding industrial hemp
- Pros and cons of remote work
- How college students can become millionaires by age 50 with monthly investing
- How to start an organic garden
- Private vs. public school
- The importance of discipline
- The most useful websites for college students
- Where does public university funding come from
Most people don’t realize that playful topics like video games and reality TV can still be informative. These less serious subjects have the potential to become great speeches that invoke laughter, excitement, or new perspectives.
- Can procrastination be good for you?
- Myth or reality? We only use 10% of our brains
- The funniest commercials of all time
- Bizzare sports you didn’t know existed
- How snake venom attacks the body
- What will humans look like in the future?
- Weirdest medical facts
- The strangest phobias
- Secrets to a great relationship
- The fastest cars in the world
- What causes hiccups
- Evidence of life on Mars
- The world history of tattoos
- Why college students love fast food
- The evolution of video games
- How cryptocurrency can change finance
- Where do stereotypes come from?
- The most bizarre conspiracy theories
- The most influential musicians of our time
- Top craziest amusement park rides in the world
- The most fun things to do when you’re bored
- History of tattoo art
- The seven wonders of the world
- How to survive an annoying roommate
- The truth about reality shows
- How to create a bucket list
- The secrets behind the best TV shows
- Weirdest foods taste surprisingly delicious
- How to talk to people you don’t like
The most viral TED Talks combine a compelling or unique idea with exceptional nonverbal delivery. These interesting topics are sure to get your audience thinking.
- The neuroscience of attraction
- Mind-blowing facts about volcanoes
- The psychology of selling things
- Why you should turn your lawn into a garden
- Proof that aliens are real/fake
- How to start a business for under $100
- The history of America from a minority perspective
- How technology affects our brains
- What would happen to the economy if everyone grew their own food?
- The science and ethics of genetic modification
- How the electric car originated
- Elon Musk’s rise to success
- What is neuro-linguistic programming (NLP)?
- How deaf people talk with emotion
- Why smiles are contagious
From biology to chemistry to genetics, science encompasses many subjects. Where modern technology meets cutting-edge discoveries, these topics are for inquisitive researchers who want to dig into the data.
- How your brain works
- History of space exploration
- How solar panels work
- The evolution of plants
- Fascinating origins of plant medicines
- How DNA evidence is used
- How galaxies are formed
- How science is influenced by corporations
- Why dinosaurs really went extinct
- The oldest fossils ever found
- How does the human brain work?
- The effects of music on the brain
- The life of Albert Einstein
- How earthquakes can be predicted
- The craziest scientists in history
- What is CRISPR?
- Potential cures for cancer
- What is epigenetics?
Pro Tip : Google Scholar and PubMed are two excellent resources for peer-reviewed scientific literature. Accredited institutions conduct these studies and have undergone the rigor of the scientific method. They even include easy copy-and-paste citations if you need to turn in a bibliography with your speech.
From cuddly pets to the alien-like mystery creatures of the deep ocean, animals are universally fascinating.
- How to train a dog
- The most dangerous animals in the ocean
- How elephants use plants to medicate themselves
- The science behind the fastest animals in the world
- Can depression be treated with emotional support animals?
- Comparing reptiles versus mammals
- The strongest animal in the world
- Top 10 strangest animals on Earth
- Comparing human and primate brains
- Animals that have their own languages
- Ethical questions with animal testing
- What causes animals to become extinct?
- How to adopt a cat
- Pros and cons of the pet adoption system
- Is it kind to keep a monkey as a pet?
Fitness, sports medicine, and professional sports teams are just scraping the surface regarding this subject. You can talk about the inspiring life of your favorite player or game history. The speech topics are perfect for anyone who loves to sweat and cheer.
- How sports teach kids discipline
- The importance of physical activity for stress relief
- Why companies should promote workplace fitness programs
- Top-paying careers in sports
- How people with disabilities can still play sports
- Football culture in the American south
- The importance of sports for children’s socialization
- The role of sports and masculinity in young boys
- Gambling problems in sports
- What makes a great sports coach?
- The best football players of all time
- How yoga can complement workouts
- How to prevent sports injuries
- The best physical therapy for college athletes
- The life of Michael Jordan
- Game-changing athletes in history
- Lebron James’ secret to success
- How Jackie Robinson transformed baseball
- The best nutrition for athletes, based on science
- Top vegan athletes in the world
- Why cheerleading is/isn’t a real sport
- Controversial moments in the Olympics
- Modern controversies about transgender athletes
- The most extreme sports in the world
- How hockey changed my life
- Pros and cons of CrossFit
- Why swimming is one of the healthiest workouts
- How adult hobby sports can improve socialization
- Daily exercise improves mental health
- The best at-home workouts
- Top marketing strategies used by the Super Bowl
- How the Olympics promotes international peace
- Should pro athletes have salary caps?
- How college athletes go pro
- Top female athletes in the world
- Interesting sports from around the world
- Why height is not the most important factor in basketball
- Why soccer is the most popular international sport
- Why women’s soccer gets less media coverage than men’s
- The best solo sports for introverts
- How handicapped people can still play sports
- The most inspirational handicapped athletes
Did you know that public speaking is actually a skill? Many people struggle with stage anxiety because they feel they ‘missed the memo’ on public speaking or they are lacking because they do not have a natural stage presence. Not true!
Stage presence and public speaking are skills you need to be taught—very few people have them naturally.
Here are all the aspects of public speaking you can master.
- How to make a first impression with an audience
- How to have stage presence
- Powerful body language
- How to speak with a commanding voice
- What to do with your hands while speaking
For every speaking skill you add to your toolbox, the less speaking anxiety you will feel.
If you want help really diving into your presentation skills, be sure to sign-up for our course…
Master Your People Skills
- Create a Memorable Presence
- Communicate with Confidence
- Achieve Your Goals
Have a question about the presentation or People School? Email Science of People support .
Learning about different cultures can drastically expand your viewpoint of the world. These speech ideas cover everything from language to ancient history to pop culture.
- How to learn about local culture while traveling
- The importance of workplace culture
- How to build a positive corporate culture
- How social media connects and promotes culture
- The oldest cultures in the world
- Modern versus traditional gender roles
- How women have transformed corporate leadership
- The dangers of hustle culture
- How social media culture impacts self-esteem
- How to learn from watching movies
- The rise of podcasts and their role in modern culture
- The role of social media in business
- How immigrants maintain cultural traditions in their new countries
- Ancient archeological artifacts you’ve never heard of
- Native American spiritual traditions
- Holy herbs and plants across global cultures
- How to make an African tribal basket
- The portrayal of black culture in the media
- Culture of Scandinavia
- Burial rituals in ancient Mesopotamia
- History and meaning of the Om symbol
- The history of Buddhism
- How to show respect in Japanese culture
- The cultural history of African Americans
- Chinese traditional foods
- Top 10 foreign dishes you have to try before you die
- The most important spiritual symbols in the world
- Generational differences in Mexican culture
- The symbolism of marigolds in Mexican traditions
- What is Dia De Los Muertos?
They say, “history repeats itself.” Consider giving a unique or lesser-known perspective about historical events for a thought-provoking speech. Use museum artifacts and first-hand accounts to guide your points.
- The Civil Rights Movement
- The oldest civilizations in the world
- Nelson Mandela’s historical impact
- The truth about colonization and Thanksgiving
- How the Industrial Revolution impacted the environment
- The real story of the Titanic
- The craziest criminals in history
- What caused the Great Depression?
- What schools get wrong about black history
- Religion during the age of the Aztecs
- Archeological evidence of aliens
- Ancient history of dogs and wolves
- What caused the Salem witch trials?
- The American Revolution
- The role of Christianity in slavery
- Human rights violations throughout history
- How life changed for Native Americans after colonization
- The role of urbanization on the changing American landscape
- The cowboy era: myths and truths
- The American Constitution
- The most influential people in world history
- Forming of the United Nations
- What caused World War I?
- Financial panics and recessions throughout history
- The Prohibition era
- What led to consumerism in society?
- The Vietnam War
- The California Gold Rush
- The true story of Pocahontas
- Little-known facts about Mexican history
Music is the soundtrack to our lives. Beyond mere entertainment, its impact dives into the roots of culture, identity, and brain function. Here are some exciting ways to incorporate your love of music into an informative speech.
- How music can help mental health
- Why you should learn an instrument
- How listening to music improves your productivity
- Genres of music
- Links between classical music and IQ
- Why do people bond over music
- Rarest instruments in the world
- The easiest instruments to play
- Best country musicians of all time
- How hip hop music has shaped culture in America
- Evolution of rap and hip hop
- The origins of rock n’ roll in southern blues music
- The history of opera
- The best electronic dance music
- The impact of reggae music
- How punk rock got its start
- How folk music shaped Appalachia
- Country music hall of fame
- Must-see musical landmarks around the world
- Importance of gospel music
- The ethics of sampling other artist’s music
- How music shapes subculture
- Has social media made record companies obsolete?
- The importance of musical education in public schools
- Music as a form of protest
- How sad music helps you overcome heartbreaks
- Why music shapes generations
- How dancing can change your mindset
- From the phonograph to iPhone: History of music machines
The ever-changing landscape of health offers a wealth of resources. Leave an impact on your audience by inspiring them to improve their eating habits or approach healthy living in a new way. Be sure to find the right sources for these speeches to make sure you are citing correct health science.
- How to extend your lifespan
- Links between diet and mental illnesses
- How to cook healthy food on a budget
- Why a daily walk outside can transform your health
- History of herbal medicine
- Let food be thy medicine: From Hippocrates to modern day food pyramid
- Why you should do yoga for 15 minutes a day
- Benefits and drawbacks of a vegetarian diet
- The healthiest fruits in the world
- What is really in processed food?
- Is weight lifting or cardio better for burning fat?
- How agriculture affects our health
- The gut microbiome
- The dangers of pesticides in our food system
- How soil health impacts human health
- Who controls the food system?
- The science behind keto diets
- The dangers of low-fat diets
- Top 5 best foods for brain function
- The daily habits of the healthiest people in the world
- Differences in definitions of health
- European versus American food ingredients
- The role of fats in brain function
- How to fix a headache
- The benefits of magnesium
- The best supplements, according to science
- The main signs of a stroke
- The chronic disease epidemic in America
- How to lose weight the healthy way
- Why you should avoid eating seed oils
- Why you should stop eating gluten
- How to prevent arthritis
- The real causes of diabetes
- Is meat actually bad for you? Pros and cons
- How to stop the mental health epidemic
- How dental health impacts your digestion
- Amazing benefits of black seed oil
- The Harvard Longevity Project: Why happy people live longer
- Ancient health remedies from around the world
- Why you should eat fermented foods
- Causes of cancer and how to prevent it
- Why people should donate their organs
- Effects of radiation
- The healthiest cultures in the world
- Why obesity is a modern problem
- How to have stronger bones
- Healthcare access for minorities
- Why fast food restaurants are addictive
- Pros and cons of salt
- How to overcome stress
- The dangers of e-cigarettes
- People need to drink more water
- The insurance and healthcare system in America
- How friendships improve your health
- Why couples should exercise together
- Benefits of dark chocolate
- Dangerous food additives you’ve never heard of
- Easy ways to improve your nutrition
- How to reverse hair loss
- Secrets to have healthy hair
- Benefits and drawbacks of stem cell research
- Why you should stop drinking soda
- How to reduce asthma attacks
- Health benefits of ginger
- Why you should drink tea
Any informative topic can be used to craft a speech, but a showstopping presentation requires thinking outside the box and approaching your speech from a unique point of view. Before you settle on a topic for your next speech, be sure that your speech idea is:
- Authentically interesting : Discussing something that doesn’t spark your interest is no use. Choose a topic or idea that you actually care about for an authentic and passionate delivery.
- Relevant to your audience : If you don’t know your audience, you might as well be speaking to a wall. Professional presenters understand the general knowledge level of their audience and what information will be valuable or interesting to them.
- Easy to research : Obscure topics can be alluring and challenging to research. Choose a topic that has plenty of information available in books or online. Be sure to use reputable sources and cite them when necessary.
- The proper length : The depth and detail of your speech ultimately depend on the length of time you have to talk. Pick a subject that you can thoroughly describe in the allotted time frame.
Once you narrow down a few of your favorite topic ideas, start brainstorming how you want your speech to impact the audience. Use these 10 Presentation Ideas That Will Radically Improve Your Presentation Skills , such as:
- Why you should save the best for first and last
- How to design epic presentation slides
- Why you shouldn’t over-rehearse
- How to own the stage
If you liked this article...
Read More in Public Speaking
- Lynch Educational Consulting
- Dr. Lynch’s Personal Website
- Write For Us
- The Tech Edvocate Product Guide
- The Edvocate Podcast
- Terms and Conditions
- Assistive Technology
- Child Development
- Classroom Management
- Early Childhood
- EdTech & Innovation
- Education Leadership
- First Year Teachers
- Gifted and Talented Education
- Parental Involvement
- Policy & Reform
- Special Education
- Best Colleges and Universities
- Best College and University Programs
- Higher Education
- Higher Education EdTech
- International Education
- The Awards Process
- Finalists and Winners of The 2021 Tech Edvocate Awards
- Finalists and Winners of The 2020 Tech Edvocate Awards
- Finalists and Winners of The 2019 Tech Edvocate Awards
- Finalists and Winners of The 2018 Tech Edvocate Awards
- Finalists and Winners of The 2017 Tech Edvocate Awards
- Award Seals
- GPA Calculator for College
- GPA Calculator for High School
- Cumulative GPA Calculator
- Grade Calculator
- Weighted Grade Calculator
- Final Grade Calculator
- The Tech Edvocate
- AI Powered Personal Tutor
Free and Appropriate Public Education: Everything You Need to Know
How to implement the lifted line poem teaching strategy in your classroom, simple & easy plastic surgery essay topics, research questions about plagiarism, pizza essay topic ideas & examples, simple & easy piano essay topics, simple & easy physical therapy essay topics, good essay topics on photosynthesis, good essay topics on photoshop, photography essay topics, informative speech topic ideas.
If you are looking for informative speech topic ideas, you have come to the right place. Below you will find a listing of informative speech topics in several categories.
Informative Speech Topics For High School Students
- How was high school the best period of your life?
- Benefits and Drawbacks of homeschooling
- It is possible to survive enthusiastically in high school
- Discrimination in learning institutions
- It is useless to wear a uniform in schools
- Pros of physical activities in a student’s life
- Females are more attentive in taking lectures in school
- Is it possible to stop cyberbullying in school?
- Should learners be punished for flunking courses in school?
- Efficient ways to study for exams in school
Informative Speech Topics For College Students
- Learning the English language is essential to being successful
- How to eliminate poverty from the world?
- Do all politicians manipulate the use of power?
- Are males a victim of domestic violence as well?
- How has the meaning of different words changed over time?
- The accurate picture of foster care in the United States
- Is practical knowledge more essential than theoretical knowledge?
- Is it essential to improve your communication skills to survive in higher ed?
- How to decide your major for college?
- Do schools prepare learners for real life?
Informative Speech Topics About Science
- Evolution of the human species
- Einsteins work in the field of science
- Remarkable research in astrophysics
- Similarities between reptiles and mammals
- Understanding the differences between crocodiles and alligators
- Facts you should know about your mind
- Importance of settlement of mars
- The development of DNA analysis
Informative Speech Topics About Education
- U.S. school system versus European school system
- Issues faced when teaching digital literacy skills
- Why should relatives be involved in their boy’s and girls’ learning?
- Do energy drinks influence the research patterns of the learners
- How to select the topic for an entertaining, informative speech or essay?
- How essential is teaching humanity in elementary schools
- Significance of physical activities in a learner’s life
- Learning disabilities in learners
- How to prepare an informative presentation?
- Importance of student-instructor bond
Informative Speech Topics Regarding Sports
- Adverse effects of taking steroids on athletes
- Effects of playing violent video games on mental health?
- Importance of sports in a learner’s life
- Violence in fighting sports
- Definition is sportsmanship
- History of soccer
- History of football
- Gender discrimination in sports
- Drug abuse sports
Informative Speech Topics Regarding Health
- Bad eating habits and health
- How is fast food a significant cause of obesity in the U.S.?
- Importance of mental health
- What is a balanced diet?
- Drawbacks of using refined sugars in our daily lives
- Pros and cons of medical marijuana
- Impact of a keto diet on a body
- Significance of exercise for a healthy living
- Is social media encouraging a healthy body image?
Informative Speech Topics About Animals
- Cons of animal testing
- Significance of animal rights protection
- Can exotic animals be good pets?
- Can depression be treated through the support of animals?
- Why do certain animals become extinct?
- Which animals make the best pets?
- The historical significance of cats
- Testing beauty products on animals
- Dissuade animal abuse in the circus
- Is it moral to keep mammals in cages?
Informative Speech Topics About Literature
- The impact of Shakespeare’s work on the modern language
- The portrayal of supernatural beings in literature
- Ernest Hemingway’s concept of masculinity
- Modern films and the depiction of classic literature
- Impact of technology on literature
- Differences in the works of literature of the 19th and 20th centuries
- A rhetorical assessment of the speech “I Have A Dream.”
- The depiction of death in Romeo and Juliet
- Women’s portrayal in Macbeth
- The use of imagery in the Shakespeare’s plays
Funny Informative Speech Topics
- Facts about skinny jeans
- How to be friendly to individuals you hate?
- How to cheat in an online assessment?
- How to look alert in class?
- How to imagine you are busy at work?
- Can you learn from your pets?
- Hacks to become a photographer
- How do you offend your older siblings?
Controversial Informative Speech Topics
- Is mercy killings ethical?
- Should gay couples be allowed to adopt?
- Assisted suicides should be legalized
- Corruption in the police
- Should health insurance companies be accessing their client’s genetic information?
- Should HIV tests be readily available in drug stores?
- Should women leave their careers after having children?
Informative Speech Topics 2022
- Effect of Covid – 19 on employment
- What are the kinds of speeches?
- Global warming
- Are solar cars environmentally friendly?
- How to pick the best speech idea?
- How do you select an essay topic for an informational essay?
- How does the supply and demand for goods influence the price
- Evolution of digital media
How to Choose an Informative Speech Topic
Picking the right and exciting topic for your speech is essential. An interesting topic will enable you to gather vital information and impress the audience.
People often do not invest time deciding on a topic and instantly choose the first idea that pops into their minds. The disadvantage of doing this is that a subject needs to fulfill a few requirements. It might not happen if the selection process is impulsive. When a writer hits writer’s block, it becomes challenging to develop something exciting yet informative
If you are not given a subject for your speech, follow the steps and pick the best speech subject.
1. Reflect Your Interest – You can reflect knowledge on something you are interested in or is your passion. Think of ideas that define your interest. This will research and gather information exciting for you and provide great content.
A speech requires a presenter to have a good command of the subject. So if you choose to speak about your interest, you can provide individual opinions quickly. You will have a good knowledge of it and can convince the audience better.
2. Identify The Audience – The type of audience can also help choose the right speech topic. Not all subjects are for a general audience. Ascertain who your audience is and what they are expecting from your address.
Choose a subject that is interesting for you and the targeted audience. Moreover, keep in mind to shape the entire speech keeping in view the audience. Your choice of words and tone should complement the subject and the people’s academic level.
3. Follow the Guidelines Provided – Reading and understanding the guidelines are essential. If the instructions require a specific length of your speech, you have to choose the subject accordingly.
Some subjects require extensive research and more important details to be shared in the content. Avoid selecting open-ended and broad subjects if you are required to write a short speech.
Writing an informative speech requires interpersonal skills. A speech requires a specific tone and vocabulary to make the message effective for verbal communication. Students who lack these skills find it challenging to draft solid and compelling content for their speeches.
Writing Prompts: Everything You Need to Know
The real risk of customized learning.
Related articles more from author.
How to Avoid Plagiarism
50 Questions to Ask a Pen Pal
The Author’s Chair: The Final Step in the Writing Process
A Guide to Handwriting
Creative Writing Apps, Tools, and Resources That We Love
Why and How To Teach Students To Make Story Maps
- Choosing Good Topics
- Special Occasion
- Public Speaking Help
- Writing a Speech
- Free Sample Speeches
- Share Your Speech
- Good Informative Speech Topics
Use this list of good informative speech topics to fire your imagination. Ideas range from important scientific questions like the use of DNA evidence to light and informing subjects such as the X-men TM or Barbie TM .
Remember - these are ideas for informative speeches, so you want to INFORM your audience, not persuade them to take action or try to convince them that something is "good" or "bad." You are only letting them know the facts.
For example, if you wanted to write a speech on the Turks and Caicos Islands, you would want to inform your audience of where these Islands are, the history of the Islands, etc. You wouldn't try to convince them that they are the best Caribbean Islands for a beach vacation.
Now choose a topic interesting to you, and then find all you can about it so you can deliver your best presentation ever!
Set 1 - Our first 11 good informative speech topics
- how to obtain a criminology degree online
- hybrid: cars, vegetables, animals (example informative speech)
- the reality show phenomenon
- the origin of alphabets
- the history of tobacco use
- human cadavers - history of, uses of (Great informative book on this subject - Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers )
- DNA evidence
- women in the military
- botox (now being found to be useful in pain control)
- herbs as medicine
- the history of greyhound dogs
[Full disclosure: Best Speech Topics is a compensated affiliate of Amazon.]
Set 2 - Ten more interesting informative speech topics from comics to dolls
- history of comic books
- (general or choose a specific one, ie. Superman, X-Men, etc)
- first woman astronaut
- history of transplants
- medicinal marijuana
- Dolly the sheep (very first clone of a mammal)
- alternative fuels
- history of smoking in movies
- genetically modified crops
- history of Barbie
Set 3 - Ten informative topics: medical, criminal, historical
- the day the music died
- history of makeup
- increase in childhood obesity (example informative speech)
- LASIK surgery ( FDA description )
- parental child abduction
- internet crimes
- REM sleep (dreaming)
- chemical warfare
Set 4 - Ten informational topics including eye related and health
- how 3D glasses work ( This London 3D book could demonstrate .)
- how autofocus cameras work
- federal witness security program
- amber alert
- low carb diets
- caffeine - click for a sample speech (or any favorite drink and what it does to your body)
Set 5 - Ten significant informative speech topics
- how the cold war ended
- how crowd funding is changing lives
- animal communication
- how evidence is handled at a crime scene
- how the Romanov family influenced Russian society
- global warming - (check out our global warming speech)
- stress and its effects
- civil disobedience
- how metal detectors work
- how traditional marriages have changed since the 60's
Set 6 - Ten more topics, especially for students interested in research or money
- how a hurricane/tornado/earthquake develops
- helicopters in combat
- marriage rituals around the world
- history of crop circles
- how humor heals - see the Best Speech Topics sample
- how to grow organic potted plants
- how to sow seeds indoors
- how to furnish an apartment inexpensively
- how to avoid losing money on investments
- how to get started investing in the stock market
Additional Informative Speech Topics for 2022
- The importance of comprehensive sex education ( sample sex education speech )
- The history and cultural significance of tea
- The benefits of mindfulness and meditation for mental health and well-being
- The history and evolution of the Internet and its impact on society
- The role of technology in improving healthcare and medical treatment
I'm sure you can come up with hundreds of more good informative speech topics. Just look around you when you're out and about. Anytime you find something that makes you ask a question; you have an idea for a subject on which you can write for your next informational speech!
You might like these
Example Informative Speech
Read this example informative speech on hybrid animals to see how this type of speech should be put together and use it as a framework for creating your own.
Writing an Informative Speech
Learn how to writing an informative speech, giving information without expressing a point of view. Three different ways to organize your presentation.
Informative Speech Topics and Sample Informative Speeches
What are informative speech topics and what is the purpose of an informative speech? Find out here.
Return to the Top of the Page
More informative speaking tips:.
Informative Speech Topics - Main Page
Guidelines for Writing an Informative Speech
Creating your Outline
Coming up With Ideas (1)
Coming up With Ideas (2)
Coming up With Ideas (3)
More topics to try:
More Informative Speech Topics
Example informative speeches for inspiration:
How Humor Heals
The Truth About Caffeine
Share this page
- Best Speech Topics
- Informative Speech Topics
Easily search your speech type
Just check out the sitemap for best-speech-topics.com , which lists all the pages on the site, or use the search box below:
Get to Know Us
- Positive Quotes for Kids
- Quotes for Graduation Speeches
- Poems & Quotes on Death
- Quotes on Retirement
Most Popular Pages
- Free Samples
- Good Speech Topics
- Hypnotize Your Audience
- Welcome Speech
Select a Speech Topic
- Other Topics
Let Us Help You
- How To Write a Speech
- Demonstration Outline
- Informative Outline
- Using a Microphone
- Speech Help
- Speeches Made Easy
Make sure there's no plagiarism in your paper
Write your essays better and faster with free samples
Generate citations for your paper free of charge
170+ Informative Speech Topics for Student
Updated 02 Mar 2023
The first step in the stairs of confidence and success is an invention. Start with building what you already know and use it as an inspiration. Informative speech topics are everywhere around you. It is possible to prepare a spec literally on everything that surrounds you.
Discover which thoughts visit your mind more often. Even if it is only food and sleep, you can prepare a marvellous and important for many students speech on how nutrition influences sleep. Be creative and discover what you passionate about are. Have a killer paper due? Pay professional essay writers to do it for you.
A list of informative speech topics for college might give you an idea of a diversity of topics.
What is an informative speech and example?
An informative speech is meant to provide information (often complex, detailed) on an object, living being, personality, phenomenon, event, industry, current knowledge in a field, etc. An example could include educating the audience on how to recognize fake news online or on major conspiracy theories circulating on the Internet.
What are the 4 types of informative speeches?
Informative speech topics usually fall into one of the following four highly-recognizable categories:
- definition speeches – they normally focus on explaining a concept or theory
- explanatory speeches – these normally explain a state of a field, technology, etc. providing evidence, statistics, etc.
- descriptive speeches – these aim at creating a detailed mental image of a described subject, phenomenon, historical event, situation, etc.
- demonstrative speeches – these speeches teach the audience how to perform an action/ process
What are good informative speech topics for college?
There is no universal formula for choosing the best topic, but to increase the chances, try to pick a topic that is narrow enough to address an issue comprehensively. Also match your topic to audience’s interests – consider their needs and concerns and make it really relevant for them.
How do you choose an informative speech topic?
When choosing a speech topic, besides considering your interests, you have to decide whether your speech should focus on objects, processes, events, or concepts. As for the approaches you undertake, you could do some brainstorming, or review pre-assembled lists of topics or course material to find inspiration (you could use the latter to derive related topics ).
INFORMATIVE SPEECH TOPICS ABOUT TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCE
The most up-to-date and exciting informative essay topics are here. Check it out!
- What is CRISP and why is it important to understand the concept now?
- Why genetically modified food and organisms are not the scariest scientific achievement?
- How technology has changed the food industry (any industry)?
- How has Elon Mask changed rocket technology to the revolutionary one?
- Alternative sources of energy
- Intergalactic civilization: is it myth or reality?
- How do violent games affect children?
- What are the pros and cons of 3D printing?
- What are computer viruses and how to avoid them?
- Comparison of operational systems for your PC
- How social media has changed since it first appeared
- A guide for creating a strong presence on Linkedin
- How to use social networks securely and avoid common threats
- How Facebook uses big data for its operations
Essay Examples Relevant to Technology and Science
- Genetic Modification
- Video Game Violence
- Cyber Security
INFORMATIVE SPEECH TOPICS ABOUT ENVIRONMENT
Profitable and good informative speech essay topics for making the Earth a better place are in the following list of topics. If you are concerned about our planet, about the pollutions, rational usage of energy, lack of clean water on the planet, and other important topics, you can represent an explanation of how you understand the problem and why is it so important today.
- Plastic and its effect on the environment from a long perspective
- Zero waste consumption: how implementable is the idea in modern society
- Rubbish recycling plants: how effective are they
- How did Elon Mask manage to get clean water from rubbish?
- Are environmental studies important for college students? Should it become a part of an educational plan?
- How does meat production affect our environment?
- Which industrial fields are the most harmful for the environment?
- How the fashion industry affects our environment and why is it important to consume wisely?
- Politics are making it difficult for everyone to work together on climate issues
- Why are oil spills so dangerous for the environment?
INFORMATIVE SPEECH IDEAS ON EDUCATION
Preparing an informative and interesting speech on education may become a struggling task. However, if to think creative, and it might become an involving inspirational speech not only for students but also for tutors.
- Expository presentation on how does virtual classes work
- Fun ways to involve youth in sports
- A simple solution to the complex problem: will a number of divorces reduce it to implement the course on relationships, and family at high school?
- Our online essay writing assistants helpful or harmful for the education of a particular student?
- How to find and proceed with information in a fun way?
- Should students learn programming languages in high school?
- How does high school programs differ within different countries and why?
- Leadership studies for students: whom to teach students goal setting and persuasion?
- How to develop creative abilities in class?
- Should usage of gadgets be restricted in educational institutions? Are they helpful or harmful?
Essay Examples Relevant to Education
- High School
- Online Courses
- College Goals
- Technology in Education
- Children and Technology
Read also: article on how to write a graduation speech by EduBirdie
INFORMATIVE SPEECH TOPICS FOR COLLEGE
- Pros and cons of buying a car for yourself
- How psychology concepts can be used for effective marketing
- Why communication is important in any relationship
- How parents are also responsible for their children’s education
- Reasons why many parents neglect their kids today
- The importance of kids growing up with both parents
- How college students can get discounts
- The best cheese types in the world
- The drawbacks of vegan diets
- How the political system in China works
Essay Examples Relevant to Speech for College
- Marketing Strategy
- Interpersonal Communication
INFORMATIVE SPEECH TOPICS FOR UNIVERSITY
- How 3d printers are changing various industries
- Why many people consider dogs as their best friends
- How is chocolate produced - the process explained
- How close are we to colonizing mars
- Why the educational system should include more practical skills
- How credit cards work and why you shouldn’t use them so easily
- Why is higher education so important
- How to work part-time while studying
- Reasons why certain classes should be shorter than 45 minutes
- Traits that all good students share
Essay Examples Relevant to Speech for University
- American Education System
- College Education
- Study Skills
INFORMATIVE SPEECH TOPICS ON SPORTS AND HEALTH
Essay on sports and health can appear not only entertaining but also informative and life-changing for some students if to pick a correct topic.
- How does sugar influence human body?
- Why is child obesity such a common issue today?
- Should food culture be a part of the educational process in high school or college?
- What are antibiotics and how does humanity get used to it? Why is responsible consumption important?
- What is alcohol and how does it affect the human body? Can it produce alcohol itself?
- Why is it important to go into sports at the college and take part in various tournaments?
- The phenomenon of sports fans: how did they appear and why?
- Which kind of sport is the best option for health?
- Which traumas are the most common for professional sportsmen?
- Sport as a professional career: does it worth it? What are the longer perspectives?
- How healthcare has improved rapidly due to technology developments
- Alternative medicine myths and facts you should know
- How physical activity affects our health positively
- What we know so far about gut microbiota?
Essay Examples Relevant to Sports and Health
- Student Athletes
- Alternative Medicine
- Physical Exercise
INFORMATIVE SPEECH TOPICS ON PSYCHOLOGY AND COMMUNICATION
- Why some people are simply incapable of lying
- How we undermine depression by normalizing it
- How social media affects our self-esteem and perception of ourselves
- Full-blown pacifism is actually naive and unrealistic
- No matter how much we evolved, our primal instincts still play a role
- Practicing mental hygiene is just as important as “typical hygiene”
- How social networks disrupt our ability to communicate in person
- Why being kind in conversations help you establish authority
- Communicating with children like they are adults helps them develop
- How emotions affect our decision-making when we become adults
Essay Examples Relevant to Psychology and Communication
- Self Esteem
- Emotional Intelligence
PUBLIC SPEAKING INFORMATIVE SPEECH TOPICS
- Why public speaking is a very important skill for everyone
- Delivering crucial information in your public speeches is essential
- Why you should introduce the “fun” element in public speeches
- How to use emotion as a tool in your public speeches
- Public speeches and their effects on careers
- How being a good public speaker affects your confidence
- Public speeches help you network with other people
- How to read your audience during a public speech
- Learning how to engage your audience in your public speech
- Where you probably go wrong during your public speech
Save your time with free essay samples on Speak
Informative speech topics on society.
Good topics for speech on sociological questions can lead to positive results and self-education.
- Which types of societies are incomparable and why?
- What is social discrimination and why does it take place today?
- Why is patriotism and how does it work today?
- What is the difference between patriotism and nationalism?
- Why society always needs idols like actors, political figures, and other?
- Why easier professions are much better paid than the ones that need much more training and special preparations?
- Does racial discrimination exist among police?
- Why governments of many countries support homeless people?
- Who are millennials and which future can they expect?
- Can military be career become a fulfilling choice for women? Which difficulties are there on your career path?
Essay Examples Relevant to Society
- Millennial Generation
CONTROVERSIAL TOPICS FOR INFORMATIVE SPEECHES
- Drugs aren’t good for you or for your health
- Why the world is ready to move a step further from democracy
- Corruption within police departments all over the world
- We are paying excessive taxes to the government
- Education should be available to everyone as a human right
- Science isn’t really objective, and it’s tainted with politics
- Lots of people are talking about climate change because of politics
- Most professional athletes use steroids
- Video games are real sports, and most people can’t be pros
Essay Examples Relevant to Controversial Topics
- Steroids in Sports
INFORMATIVE SPEECH THEMES ON ECONOMY AND FINANCE
Understanding of main financial principles, history of the currency, safety issues is crucial today. The best way to learn it is to find topics for informative speech topics that are interesting to you and research the question.
- Comparison if retirement policy among different countries
- Why doctors have different salaries in different countries?
- What is the average salary in different countries and why?
- Crucial information about applicable financial aid for different social groups.
- How to finance your education?
- Which countries offer free education and how does it affect the economy?
- What is the economic crisis and how does it appear?
- The Great Depression: history, reasons, effects
- What is the stock market and how to recognize main trends?
- Safety of internet banking
Essay Examples Relevant to Economy and Finance
- Great Depression
Read also: Commemorative Speech Topics for College Students
INFORMATIVE SPEECH IDEAS ON FAMILY
Youth spend years to accomplish higher education or professional preparations to gain a well-paid and satisfying job, but many of them spend no time preparing for family life and learning how do relationships between relatives work.
- Should the course on building healthy relationships be implemented into school or college educational program?
- How to raise children in a single-parent family?
- What are the concepts of raising children in bisexual families?
- How biracial adoption affects the child?
- How to treat parents who practice helicopter parenting?
- What kind of family behaviour can be considered as violence and where to go if you experience it?
- Home violence in Arabic culture: myth or reality?
- What social programs exist to support families with difficulties?
- Solo type of living vs. families: does modern youth tend to be single instead of married?
- The partnership is a new type of family: how modern youth treat living together for years without being officially married?
Essay Examples Relevant to Family
- Family Values
- Single Parenting
INFORMATIVE SPEECH TOPICS ON POLITICS AND CULTURE
A great way to discover politics and culture is to represent your short talk to one of the following topics and discuss it in a group. Write a final paper with a few conclusions including a visual representation of the concepts if needed. Visualization is the best way to memorize needed information.
- What are the main directions of immigration in the world?
- Main environmental problems in your country
- Gun control statistics in different countries
- What is the free trade agreement and how does it work?
- What is communism and why it never was successful in world history?
- What is a concept of universal basic income and how does it work? Would receiving a minimal salary from government exterminate poverty?
- Explain the concept of the European Union
- How does the government of different countries invest in music?
- What is the importance of culture in different countries?
- Funny cultural traditions among nations
- Why is socialism a step backward compared to democracy?
- How are laws made in different political systems?
- Global politics affects countries around the world more than ever
- The US two-party system is outdated - here’s why
Essay Examples Relevant to Politics and Culture
- Gun Control
FUN INFORMATIVE SPEECH TOPICS
- Why do we have hiccups, and how to deal with them?
- Body parts we actually don’t need to function
- How medicine actually looked like at the beginning
- Funniest business ideas that worked and made money
- Do you like conspiracy theories? here is why you do.
- How much of our brain power do we actually use
- reasons why some people can’t get math no matter how much they try
- Why is metal music a better role model than modern pop
- Things we don’t actually need but still buy them
- How experts sneak in food and snacks into movies
INFORMATIVE SPEECH THEMES ON JUSTICE AND LAW
The following list of speech topics represents a wide range of problems in the country and in the world. If you have no idea what does a topic say, google it and research it. Maybe you will find the answers in your research and will find what to share with your class.
- Why are the taxes for an electric car?
- Drinking age rules: why and when did they appear?
- What is pledging guilty and what are the benefits?
- What are anti-trust crimes and how to prevent them?
- Minimum wage laws in different countries: why are they so different?
- Why smoking in public places should be illegal?
- Do homosexual have a marriage right? Do they have right for adoption?
- Can abortion become illegal? In which countries is it illegal today?
- Legalization of drugs. How does it work?
- Should government support illegal immigrants?
Essay Examples Relevant to Justice and Law
- Minimum Wage
- Gay Marriage
- Marijuana Legalization
- Illegal Immigration
INFORMATIVE SPEECH TOPICS ON BUSINESS
Make your informative speech topics relevant to the audience. It can be inspirational when applied in practice. Advise best inspirational literature, movies, other speeches, and etc.
- How to find a cool business idea?
- Is it possible to start a business with zero investment?
- Should you or should you not start a business with a friend?
- Is it possible to run a business while being a student?
- How to turn a hobby into a business?
- Which personality traits are important to run a company?
- Why should you visit a psychologist before starting a business?
- What behavioural patterns should you know to run a company?
- How to prepare for running a company or a project?
- Which corporations are running the world?
Essay Examples Relevant to Business
- Business Law
- International Business
SHORT INFORMATIVE SPEECH TOPICS
- How screen exposure affects us in a harmful way
- Computers changed us in just a couple of decades
- Why modern humans wouldn’t be able to live without electricity
- Why everyone should do some type of sports
- If machines become self-aware, they could destroy us
- The dangers of creating real artificial intelligence
- Global adverse effects of the Internet
- The history of the Internet and its development
- Everyone should be taught how to use the internet
- Having role models is a good thing; here is why
Essay Examples Relevant to Short Topics
- Intelligent Machines
- Artificial Intelligence
- Role Models
LITERATURE AND HISTORY INFORMATIVE SPEECH TOPICS
A list of informative speech ideas doesn’t end here. The last but not least, unique and popular ideas on history and literature deserve your attention and attention of your audience. Keep in mind, speaking with the public on a particular historical event they might not remember or a book they might never read is not the best idea. Choose simple and popular topics and dive deeper into research, share ideas and concepts, not facts.
- Ancient Egyptian art: the beauty and the mystery
- The city of Rome
- The greatest emperors in world history
- The assets of Chinese history for the world
- Why and how Japan has become the most technological country in the world?
- Can electronic libraries replace paper books?
- Can a young author write a novel today that will become historical?
- Which genres are the most popular today and why?
- How does modern auditory change its preferences?
- Does high school or college program in literature fulfil interests of modern youth?
Essay Examples Relevant to Literature and History
- Ancient Egypt
- Ancient Rome
- Chinese Culture
Read also: 200 Persuasive Speech Topics With Bonus Tips
Need more writing assistance?
Connect with our top writers and receive a speech sample crafted to your needs.
How to Choose a Suitable Informative Speech Topic?
Choosing the topic for a speech may become confusing. There are so many topics to speak about and such a short period to prepare your speech. There are a few issues you might experience while choosing a topic:
- Lack of interest. A speech may seem interesting in the beginning, but after writing a few essays, it appears that there is nothing to talk about anymore. Make sure that a chosen topic is modern and three is enough interesting information to represent to your audience
- Too many facts. There is no need to retell the content of a novel, a historical event, the content of an experiment or other. Make sure there are concepts and ideas in your speech. A presentation should leave a positive aftertaste and cause a vivid discussion.
- Losing a point. It may happen that you start your speech with family issues and end up talking about politics and justice. To avoid this make sure your paper doesn’t fit any other category but the chosen one. If it looks like your family topic transformed into politic one, rephrase the heading and make it politic from the beginning.
- The audience can lose interest. Make sure you represent your speech with simple words and understandable concepts. One of the best practices is imagining that you are trying to explain your point to your granny. It will help you to cover a wide audience.
- The speech is boring. It doesn’t depend on a topic but on the way you represent it. Add some funny things to your speech. Check TED talks as an example. Every speck has a joke or something funny. Entertain the public and educate it.
Read also: Special Occasion Speech Ideas
Choosing an informative speech topics is nearly half of a task. With the correct concept, you already have a plan in your head and can easily prepare your speech for an hour. Sometimes choosing a topic may take a few days. Take your time and make sure you have enough information and ideas to share. If you experience troubles in preparing a speech, there is a team of professional speech writers who can help you with a task. You can buy a speech or proofreading of your completed speech. There are professionals who can help you to make it better or make everything for you in a few hours. If there is an online helper, why not to use it?
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback, related blog posts, 80 relationship topics to debate.
When you are asked to come up with good relationship topics to debate, it may quickly become confusing since there are so many ideas and opportunit...
Self-Introduction Speech? What’s that?
There are many times in our lives where we have to tell others about who we are. Often it’s not that simple: your self-introduction speech at a bus...
Receive regular updates, discounts, study guides and more
You have subscribed to EduBirdie news.
Thanks for subscribing!
Check your inbox to verify your email.
My Speech Class
Public Speaking Tips & Speech Topics
509 Informative Speech Ideas and Topics
Jim Peterson has over 20 years experience on speech writing. He wrote over 300 free speech topic ideas and how-to guides for any kind of public speaking and speech writing assignments at My Speech Class.
How to Choose the Right Informative Topic
Half the battle of presenting a speech or writing an essay is choosing the right topic. Choosing a good informative speech topic or informative essay topic can keep your audience entertained, your reader interested, and your own work process more enjoyable. Here are a few tips to help you choose a topic:
Know your audience or reader: Your informative presentation – whether through speech or essay – should cover a subject not already well known to your audience, but still relevant to them. If you do choose a topic they’re familiar with, then present new and exciting information. Consider the age, knowledge level, and interests of your audience when preparing your informational speech or essay.
Consider your own interests: Think of your own passions and areas of expertise that you think people could benefit from learning more about. Choosing a topic you care about will help your speech or essay be better received. Your passion will keep them engaged and curious to learn more.
Consider length requirements : How much time are you allotted for your informative speech? What is the page requirement for your informative essay? You should be able to thoroughly cover the topic in the amount of time you are given. If you don’t think you have enough knowledge or personal interest to talk about illegal drug use among teens, saving money as a college student, or another informative topic for 20 minutes, you may need to consider a different subject.
The good news is that there are countless options available. Below are lists of informative topics for speeches and essays. Remember that, in order to choose the best informative topic for you, you need to consider your audience, your interests, and your time and length requirements. Then, customize the central idea to suit your situation.
Best 10 Informative Speech Topics
Don’t have time to read our full list of 500+ topic ideas? Here is our list of 10 best informative speech topics.
Can We Write Your Speech?
Get your audience blown away with help from a professional speechwriter. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
- How to adopt a dog
- The history of motorcycles
- The best sales tactics
- The differences between male and female communication
- America’s fastest growing cities
- The importance of education for the economy
- Different stages of poverty
- How to cook vegetarian
- How to keep your skin looking young and wrinkle free
- The different types of poetry
List of Informative Speech Topics
- Current Events
- Food and Drink
- International Relations
- National Security
- Easy / Simple
- Pop Culture
10 Animal Informative Speech Topics
- The role of cats throughout history.
- Caring for hermit crabs.
- What are the best pets?
- The lives of ants.
- The different types of tropical fish.
- The different exotic breeds of cats.
- How to raise rabbits.
- The beauty of wolves.
- How to adopt a dog.
- Raising pet snakes.
See this page for a full list of Speech Topics About Animals .
10 Automotive Informative Speech Topics
- Is it better to buy or lease a car?
- How to choose the right tires for your car.
- How to make your car run better.
- What to look for in a new car.
- How to change your car’s oil.
- Dirt bike riding safety tips.
- How to drive a stick shift.
- The history of motorcycles.
- How to change a flat tire.
- The best muscle cars.
14 Business Informative Speech Topics
- Taking your brand to the next level with three easy steps: promoting, advertising and marketing.
- How business owners’ personal characteristics impact their business.
- What is the impact of training and development on employee job performance?
- Leadership styles and their effects on employee productivity.
- Engaged employees result in high retention.
- Developing personal power in an organization.
- Impacts of incentives on employee performance.
- Psychological tactics in marketing.
- How to create a successful brand.
- The importance of accounting research.
- The benefits of enterprise resource planning.
- The benefits of multilevel marketing.
- The best sales tactics.
- How to nail the negotiation in your first meeting.
See this page for a full list of Informative Speech Topics for Business .
8 Communication Informative Speech Topics
- How deaf people talk with emotion.
- The differences between male and female communication.
- How to be a persuasive speaker.
- How to improve your conversation skills.
- Some simple conversation tips.
- What is neural linguistic programming (NLP)?
- Why smiles are contagious.
- How to manage communicative disorders.
4 Current Events Informative Speech Topics
- America’s fastest growing cities.
- The Occupy Wall Street movement.
- Poverty in New York City.
- What is the national happiness rate?
6 Economy Informative Speech Topics
- The history of taxes on carbon dioxide emissions.
- What would be the impact on economic growth if everyone produced their own food?
- The impact of progressive taxation on the provision of social services.
- Economic growth of the People’s Republic of China.
- The effects of price and demand of agricultural products.
- The importance of education for the economy.
10 Education Informative Speech Topics
- How EFL teachers can use the internet as a classroom aid.
- Should teachers and students be friends on social networks?
- Why is our education system only based on theory and not practical knowledge?
- Should students be permitted to eat during classes?
- The importance of formal education for building a successful career.
- The pros and cons of teaching students three languages in school.
- What materials work best in a sandbag for blocking floodwaters?
- Hypnosis: its misconceptions and common uses.
- Learning disabilities and their effects on learning in college.
- Are test scores a good indication of a school’s competency?
See this page for a full list of Informative Persuasive Speech Topics .
10 Environment Informative Speech Topics
- Should politicians bring more pollution to our country?
- What would happen if finite resources were not used wisely?
- Four main reasons for generating genetically modified crops.
- The effect of organic and inorganic fertilizer on maize.
- Are we going to lose the rainforest?
- The best ways to protect the environment.
- Commercial crops and their effect on the water table.
- The environmental impact of a meat based diet.
- Recycling helps mitigate the greenhouse effect.
- Why we should stop global warming.
See this page for a full list of Environmental Informative Speech Topics .
3 Ethics Informative Speech Topics
- Is it sometimes better to tell a lie than to tell the truth?
- Is tolerance the same as love?
- Is hunting morally acceptable?
10 Family Informative Speech Topics
- Adopted children should always have the option to see their biological parents.
- The impact of single parenting and its effects on children.
- The appropriate penalties for parental negligence.
- What it is like being the youngest of a family of 19 kids.
- The importance of the parent-child relationship.
- My father is my hero.
- How to pick a name for your children.
- Cases of domestic violence against men.
- The importance of family.
- The history of foster care.
See this page for a full list of Family Informative Speech Topics . We also have a page with Speech Topics for Kids .
18 Financial Informative Speech Topics
- How banks are getting paid twice for your mortgage.
- How to save money in college.
- How to build credit.
- How to save money on your income taxes.
- How to apply for a credit card.
- The basics of financial aid.
- The importance of saving money.
- How to recognize stock market trends.
- The process of buying a house.
- The basics of internet banking safety.
- The best investment strategies.
- How to live on $5 a day/ Eating well on $5 a day.
- Tips on how do deal with money problems.
- The history of our currency.
- How the US Dollar affects the Euro.
- Debt relief programs.
- Does China have a serious stock market?
9 Food and Drink Informative Speech Topics
- The difference between Gatorade and Powerade.
- How to cook a delicious dinner.
- How to grow your own food.
- The different types of coffee.
- How to cook vegetarian.
- How to make a cocktail.
- The best types of cheese.
- The best exotic fruits.
- How to make Chinese food.
See this page for a full list of Speech Topic Ideas On Food, Drink, and Cooking .
11 Fun Informative Speech Topics
- The history of Valentine’s Day, the celebrations in different cultures.
- Some laugh, but there are many courageous people who overcome stuttering.
- Funny Saint Patricks Day parades, pub decorating, Irish fun runs.
- Differences between apes and monkeys, monkeys in space programs, how they live in groups in the zoo.
- Your hand: what your signature, handwriting and your hand palm lines say about your character.
- Amphibian vehicles – search for information about those rare car-boat vehicles, and you have lots of fun informative speech topics to talk about!
- Cartoons in relation to our Freedom of Speech and Expression principles.
- Show the listeners to your public speaking speech some flags of unknown countries, ask them what nation you mean and explain colors and symbols.
- The extraterrestrial life stories and future theories from French author Jules Verne.
- Etiquette and manners, how to cope with special situations, how to behave at official ceremonies you see enough public speaking speeches spicing humor.
- Fashion styles and dress codes at parties and ceremonies.
See this page for a full list of Fun Informative Speech Topics .
5 Geography Informative Speech Topics
- The antipodes – Places on Earth which are diametrically opposite to each other.
- Cartography – How terrestrial globe spheres are crafted.
- Climatology – Patterns in climate change, like rising temperatures and flooding.
- Coasts – Types of coasts, deltas, sea cliffs and beaches.
- What does the continental drift theory mean in vulcanology?
See this page for a full list of Speech Topics On Geography .
9 Government Informative Speech Topics
- The role of accounting in the control of public expenditures in Nigeria.
- What factors affect community participation in public meetings?
- How difficult is it to run a country of 1.2 billion people?
- Speeding cameras are meant to provide government money.
- Should the President be paid while being in office?
- The Federal government’s separation of powers.
- Journalism is our weapon against corruption.
- How a bill passes in state government.
- The best city planning practices.
10 Health Informative Speech Topics
- Steroids, antibiotics, sprays: are these things hurting us?
- The effects of dissociative identity disorder or multiple personality disorder.
- Bigger isn’t always better: the effect fast food has on America.
- The importance of proper stretching before a workout.
- How to keep your skin looking young and wrinkle free.
- The different types of insomnia.
- The causes and effects of Alzheimer’s disease.
- The psychosocial aspects of organ transplantation.
- Controversial ideas about whooping cough vaccines.
- The reasons why stress and depression should be taken seriously.
See this page for a full list of Informative Speech Topics on Health and Fitness . We also have a page with Medical Topics and Psychology topics.
10 History Informative Speech Topics
- The beauty of ancient Egyptian art.
- The most beautiful paintings in history.
- The history of fashion.
- The history of high heels.
- The history of cosmetic makeup.
- The history of Tibetan burial practices.
- What Olympic events did ancient Greece have?
- The history of swear words and their impact on society.
- Words and their meanings that have changed with time.
- Why dragons perform in Chinese New Year celebrations.
See this page for a full list of History Speech Topics .
16 International Relations Informative Speech Topics
- Economic development and the role of the private sector in reducing poverty in Lesotho.
- Tourism and remittances are the solutions for Tonga’s economic growth.
- The military of the Philippines.
- Is South Africa ready for a female president?
- Can democracy bring stability to Pakistan?
- South Africa is an amazing country.
- The impact of U.S drone strikes.
- The discovery of oil in Equatorial Guinea.
- How to help refugees.
- Why everyone should live in China.
- The status of trade relations in East Africa.
- The effects of the Dowry system in India.
- Sri Lanka after thirty years of war.
- Why Africa is underdeveloped.
- The political system of India.
- The purpose of the United Nations.
2 Language Informative Speech Topics
- English is a link language for many parts of the world.
- The origins of cliches.
6 Literature Informative Speech Topics
- Inside the mind of Edgar Allen Poe.
- How to write a book.
- The three trials of Oscar Wilde.
- The meaning of The House on Mango Street.
- The history of vampires in literature.
- The different types of poetry.
21 Media Informative Speech Topics
- What steps are involved in creating a movie or television show?
- How Spotify hurts new artists.
- The benefits of watching less TV.
- How the media has hurt our body image.
- Books that were turned into terrible movies.
- The benefits of reading a newspaper.
- The basics of photography.
- The history of the Titanic movie.
- Some famous advertising campaigns.
- The effects of misleading advertisements.
- Some important women in the media.
- The best foreign TV shows.
- The benefits of satellite radio.
- The best TV sitcoms.
- Al Jazeera, the largest Arabic news channel is the Middle East.
- How Disney produces and distributes short animated films.
- The amazing stage performance of Christina Aguilera.
- The love life of Jennifer Aniston,
- The story of CNN International reporter, Christiane Amanpour.
- The ten actors who played James Bond.
- Top three worst Woody Allen movies.
9 Music Informative Speech Topics
- The different types of marching bands.
- The history of french horns.
- The history of house music.
- The evolution of rock and roll.
- The beauty of reggae music.
- Music as a “lifestyle”.
- The best electronic dance music.
- How to play the kazoo.
- The beauty of Haitian music.
4 National Security Informative Speech Topics
- How illegal things are smuggled into the country.
- The United States military branches.
- The importance of the Air Force.
- The branches of the military.
10 Politics Informative Speech Topics
- Should the U.S. restrict immigration?
- The benefits of communism.
- The most important women in politics.
- Define the term foreign policy and offer current examples.
- The delicate position of women and children in war torn societies and countries on the globe.
- How issues on oil in Nigeria lift the oil prices worldwide.
- How a free trade agreement works.
- The major environmental problems in Australia.
- National gun control statistics compared to the statistics of other countries.
- The function of the Federal Reserve Board in maintaining a stable financial system.
See this page for a full list of Speech Topics about Politics .
10 Psychology Informative Speech Topics
- The benefits of greeting people.
- Positive thinking is the key to peaceful living.
- The meaning of dreams.
- How to explain child geniuses.
- Difference between empathy and sympathy.
- How to be more sensitive for an emotionally insensitive person.
- How to know a person’s true personality when we are so good at disguise nowadays.
- Secrets about quiet people.
- How to respond or take a compliment.
- Why do people lie and how to deal with that.
See this page for a full list of Psychology Speech Topics .
12 Relationships Informative Speech Topics
- How marriages today differ from marriages from the 60’s.
- The secrets of happy and successful relationships.
- How to choose the right relationship.
- How to get along with your roommate.
- The guidelines for military marriages.
- How to make long distance relationships work.
- The average age to get married.
- How to talk to people when you have nothing to say.
- How to recognize toxic friends.
- Your Brain Falls in Love Not Only Your Heart.
- Who Was and Is Cupid and Co.
- All You Wanted to Know About Engagement.
10 Religion Informative Speech Topics
- A comparison of Genesis and Revelation in the Bible.
- Modern values are violating religious values.
- How Christ is present in our world.
- What percentage of the world’s population are Christians?
- Why worshipping Satan isn’t a bad thing.
- Why the bunny symbolizes Easter.
- God helps those who help themselves.
- A comparison of different religions.
- The history of the Christian church.
- The main principles of Christianity.
See this page for a full list of Speech Topics on Religion and Spirituality .
10 Science Informative Speech Topics
- The difference between an alligator and a crocodile.
- Why whales should not be hunted for food.
- Transhumanism and the evolution of the human race.
- How we can create geniuses.
- Falabella horses are the smallest in the world.
- Why is the colonization of Mars important?
- Albert Einstein’s contributions to science.
- The isolation of nicotinic acid from tobacco.
- The journey to becoming a nuclear physicist.
- Some interesting facts about the human brain.
See this page for a full list of Informative Science Speech Topics .
31 Self-Help Informative Speech Topics
- The difference between boundaries and limits.
- The benefits of affirmation.
- Three goals to strive for in life.
- How to present yourself with confidence.
- Why it’s important to be yourself.
- How to manage your anger.
- How to make a good first impression.
- How to prepare for a job interview.
- Your actions determine your future.
- How to set goals and achieve them.
- How to enhance your public speaking skills.
- How to increase your motivation.
- What makes life meaningful?
- How to take your next big step in life.
- How to construct an argument.
- How to boost your self-esteem.
- How to be happy being single.
- How to avoid procrastination.
- How to improve your manners.
- How to be a good leader.
- The importance of a good attitude.
- How to be more romantic.
- How to break bad habits.
- How to overcome conflict.
- Happiness: The thing we all look for but never really understand.
- What it’s like to be falling in love.
- What is love and what’s not.
- The secret to resolving conflicts.
- Dancing is your secret weapon for happiness and health.
- Things to remember if you don’t want to die with any regrets.
10 School Informative Speech Topics
- Schools should not make money by selling unhealthy candy and soft drinks to students.
- Music with foul language in it should not be allowed at school dances.
- Students should be able to listen to their MP3 players during class.
- Students who commit cyberbullying should be suspended or expelled from school.
- Boys and girls should be taught in separate classrooms.
- Homeschooling produces better results than public schools.
- High School will be the best time of your life.
- Boys are lazier than girls.
- All students should wear school uniform.
- It is possible to Ace your way through High School.
See this page for a full list of School Speech Topics for All Grades .
10 Society Informative Speech Topics
- Why it is bad to judge people by their appearance.
- The lives of isolated indigenous people.
- How to tell someone they are annoying you without being rude.
- How human behavior affects society.
- Left handed people: the underrepresented minority group.
- Is the military a fulfilling career choice for women?
- The effects of discrimination.
- The importance of newspapers in our daily life.
- Do actors and athletes make too much money?
- Why I’m optimistic about our nation’s future.
See this page for a full list of Informative Society Speech Topics .
10 Sport Informative Speech Topics
- Should female students be allowed to play on male sports teams?
- How to do a walking handstand or a cartwheel into the splits.
- Is netball or hockey more dangerous?
- The benefits of sports for all ages.
- Why the spelling bee shouldn’t be on ESPN.
- The worst professional sports teams.
- The importance of sports and games.
- What you should have in your golf bag.
- The history of professional fighting.
- The worst trades in sports history.
See this page for a full list of Informative Sports Speech Topics .
3 Supernatural Informative Speech Topics
- The mystery of the Bermuda triangle.
- The evidence that bigfoot exists.
- The existence of telepathy.
41 Technology Informative Speech Topics
- How roads are built.
- Is wind energy cheap, effective, and practical?
- Why college students should be careful about what they put on social media.
- The uses for artificial intelligence computer networks.
- The danger of putting too much personal information on social networks.
- Modes of communication are constantly changing.
- How has social media impacted our daily lives?
- The line between the human brain and a computer.
- Why technology is a bad thing for growing minds.
- How technology has destroyed human interaction.
- How is text messaging affecting teen literacy?
- The advantages and disadvantages of social media.
- The effects of violent video games on children.
- The decline of interpersonal communication due to technology.
- The difference between hardware and software.
- Antivirus software: beware of malware functions.
- The history of programming languages.
- How voice over IP works.
- What would we do without electricity?
- The benefits of 3D printing.
- The major technological changes since 1990.
- The negative effects of cellphones.
- How to avoid computer viruses.
- The evolution of the internet.
- Computers through the decades.
- How airport biometrics systems work.
- Robots now and in the future.
- How satellites help communication.
- How a water plant operates.
- How watches work.
- The evolution of video games.
- How cellular phones work.
- The evolution of the iPhone.
- How to build a computer.
- How nuclear power works.
- How search engines work.
- How air pressure works.
- The best new technologies.
- The future of electric cars.
- How to practice cyber safety.
- A guide to different social media sites.
15 Travel Informative Speech Topics
- How students can find great vacation bargains.
- The best cruise vacations.
- Famous parliament buildings
- How to test the quality of water when traveling.
- Interesting underground railroad systems in capital cities.
- Investigation shipwrecks at the bottom of the sea.
- The benefits of wind tunnels on transport.
- The discovery of the famous temples in the Maya culture.
- The influence of global warming on Alpine skiing.
- The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- The Wright Brother’s first flight.
- Totem poles and obelisks are symbols of unity, tradition, and pride.
- What you need to know about the Principality of Andorra.
- Why is there a Titanic replica?
- Why the unsinkable and invincible Titanic sank.
9 Workplace Informative Speech Topics
- The benefits of break time for nursing mothers in the workplace.
- The prevalence of dangerous chemicals in the workplace.
- How to survive working in a restaurant.
- Why underwater welding is dangerous.
- How it is to work in the fast food industry.
- How to get a great internship.
- How to become a comedian.
- The most dangerous jobs.
- What are the fastest growing careers?
List of Informative Essay Topics
14 college informative essay topics.
- Benefits of a college degree
- Crimes on college campuses
- Healthiest foods in the campus cafeteria
- How students can stay safe on a college campus
- How students can use eLibrary Curriculum Edition for research
- How to beat senioritis
- How to find cheap textbooks
- How to pick a major
- How to study for and pass a test
- Saving money as a college student
- The story of how your school was founded
- Ways of preventing college dropout
- Whether binge drinking is a problem on your college campus
- Your favorite club or organization on campus
5 Demonstration Informative Essay Topics
- How to bake a cake
- How to knit a scarf
- How to organize a closet
- How to swing a golf club
- How to train your dog
7 Easy / Simple Informative Essay Topics
- A genre of music
- America’s fastest growing cities
- Breeds of dogs
- How a computer works
- Interesting cultures
- Lesser known presidents
- Natural disasters
9 Education Informative Essay Topics
- How to choose a persuasive speech topic
- How to deliver a funny informative speech
- How to deliver a persuasive speech
- How to maintain audience attention during a speech
- How to win your audience with descriptive speech
- How to write a persuasive essay
- How to write an argumentative essay
- How to write an expository essay
- The difference between a thesis statement and a topic sentence
10 Fun Informative Essay Topics
- An impressive world record
- Fun games to play at the beach.
- The history of ice cream
- The revolution of the selfie
- Ways different cultures celebrate Valentine’s Day
- What do people do when they win the lottery?
- What people don’t know about Disneyland
- What you can learn from grade K students
- What your horoscope means
- Why people get tattoos
6 Funny Informative Essay Topics
- Everything you need to know about skinny jeans
- Funny St. Patrick’s Day parades
- How to be nice to people you don’t like
- How to cheat in poker
- How to look attentive when you’re actually not
- Things you can learn from your pet
See this page for a full list of Funny Informative Speech Topics .
10 Health Informative Essay Topics
- All about gluten
- Cause-and-effect relationship of air pollution
- Causes of cancer
- How caffeine works
- How stress affects your body
- How to make exercise a habit
- How to quit smoking
- Symptoms of Alzheimer Disease
- Symptoms of depression
- How to get rid of bad habits
6 Hobbies Informative Essay Topics
- Best places for scuba diving
- Choosing your next book to read
- Peace lily care tips
- Professional baseball stadiums
- The history of your favorite sport
- Types of tropical fish
9 Interesting Informative Essay Topics
- Effects of global warming
- Exotic pets
- How to perform an attention-getting first dance at your wedding
- Near-death experiences
- Places to see in northern Nevada
- The biography of Clyde Tombaugh
- The history of a cliche marriage ritual
- What is your dog actually thinking?
- What your handwriting says about you
See this page for a full list of Informative Interesting Speech Topics .
7 Life Informative Essay Topics
- How to drive a stick-shift
- How to pay off your student loans in under 10 years
- How to succeed in multi-level marketing
- The process of buying a car
- Tips for being an effective networker
- Traveling the world for cheap
- Why people lie
7 Legislation Informative Essay Topics
- Fees and taxes for an electric car
- Minimum wage laws
- The history of drinking age rules
- What dogs are affected by breed specific legislation?
- Anti-trust crimes.
- Benefits of pleading guilty.
- Felony penalties for aggravated stalking.
See this page for a full list of Legal Speech Topics .
10 Pop Culture Informative Essay Topics
- A biography of your favorite celebrity
- All about your favorite author
- All about your favorite television show
- Former childhood stars
- History of your favorite product brand
- Instances where the movie is better than the book
- The Miss America pageant
- The pop art movement during the 20th century and the changes it brought about
- What makes a pop sensation
- Your favorite form of public broadcasting
7 Relationships Informative Essay Topics
How to be a good friend
- How to choose your friends
- How to get along with your in-laws
- How to make a marriage work
- How to survive a blind date gone wrong
- The different types of friendships
- The history of online dating
Picking Your Topic
At first glance, an informative speech may seem like the simplest type of presentation . The basis of an informative speech is to introduce a topic to the audience and then describe or explain it . It sounds fairly straightforward, but special care must be given to selecting a topic or the entire speech may not be well received.
Informative speeches can easily become boring for an audience for several reasons. First, the speaker should be sure not to present a topic which is already well known, or the audience will quickly lose interest. The topic should be something the audience has never encountered, or at least include new and exciting information on a familiar topic. Speakers should remember, when preparing the speech, that their own level of interest will become apparent during delivery of the presentation. In other words, if the speaker is bored by the topic, the audience will feel bored as well.
Knowing the audience is a primary factor in choosing an informative speech topic. The speaker should consider the age, knowledge level, subculture, and other demographics of his listeners when preparing the speech. It is important to present information which is neither too elementary nor too difficult for the audience to comprehend. The chosen topic should reflect the interests of the audience, and should be intriguing to them without rehashing information they already know. For example, college students may be interested in a topic on alcohol use, but they are already very familiar with a topic like the dangers of drinking and driving. In this case the speaker might concentrate his topic on the health benefits of red wine. This way, he has chosen a topic which interests the audience, but is likely to present new information which will not bore his listeners.
Finally, speakers should consider time limits when choosing an informative speech topic. A topic should be covered thoroughly enough that the audience feels as if most of their questions on the topic have been answered. On the other hand, a tight time restriction may prevent the speaker from adequately covering a very intricate topic. When time is limited, a subject which requires lengthy explanation should be avoided. The audience should leave an informative speech feeling as if they’ve gained new insight on a topic. It is good if they are interested in doing their own research to learn more about the subject, but they should never leave the presentation feeling confused or unclear about what they have just heard.
Informative Speech Idea In 5 Steps
1. step one – make a list.
Make a short list of your personal interests and informative speech topic ideas. To help you determine your interests on an informative speech topic, think about your favorite objects, products, people, animals, events, places, processes, procedures, concepts, policies, theories, and so on. Answer these important questions:
- Is there something you love to talk about, always have wanted to research?
- What interests you very much, or do you like or love at first glance?
- Do you have developed special skills in personal or professional life?
- What interesting informative topics do you know a lot of or want to know more about?
- What are some personal or professional experiences and skills in certain situations related to your favorite subjects?
- Can you reveal hidden secrets, new perspectives or insights on some topics?
2. Step Two – Analyze Your Audience
Determine the interests and needs of your audience. What do they want to learn? Can you teach them on a subject you like?
3. Step Three – Check Your Interests
Review the short list of your interests and make a decision. Choose the informative speech topic that is also interesting to your audience. Take care of their interests, questions and needs.
4. Step Four – Research and Write
Research just one new single aspect of that informative speech idea. Look for valuable or amazing information that surprises your listeners. Fresh data, facts, intelligence, and advice will catch their attention immediately! To help you researching: look for new facts, figures, stories, statistics, surveys, personal experiences, professional experiences, quotations, comparisons and contrasts.
5. Step Five – Add Help Props
Demonstrate steps, stages, pros and cons, and remarkable effects by the use of public speaking software or other visual aids , that display the material you want them to be understood or remembered.
Informative Speeches FAQ
1. Speeches About Objects 2. Speeches About Processes 3. Speeches About Events 4. Speeches About Concepts
An informative speech is one that provides information and educates the audience on a specific topic. An informative speech should help your audience learn, understand, and remember information you are presenting.
1. Know your audience or reader 2. Consider your interests 3. Consider length requirements
You can see this page with speech examples .
Vote of Thanks Examples
613 Original Argumentative Speech Topics Ideas
15 thoughts on “509 Informative Speech Ideas and Topics”
Creativity is the Mother of Invention.
1-How to be a good friend: you have to do everything to make them happy, don’t snatch on them
2-How to choose your friends: Choose friends with similar values Choose friends with common goals
3-How to get along with your in-laws:1-Get to know them. … 2-Know your limits. … 3-Keep things cordial. … 4-Put your relationship first
4-How to make a marriage work
5-How to survive a blind date gone wrong 1-Ask open-ended questions. … 2-Tell a funny anecdote. … 3-Let your date talk. … 4-Answer questions fully. … 5-Listen to them carefully.
6-The different types of friendships
7-The history of online dating
the evolution of humans
school doesn’t need to exist
Nice compilations this is helpful
Hamburgers vs hotdogs
Chocolate Caffeine Grass is Greener on the other side April Fools Why teens should have a part time job or not
History of Tobacco
Effects of anxiety on teenage students.
how depression affects people and others around them
peer pressure and its effects on students
Different ways kids handle peer pressure.
depression and how it can effect a students mindset
Leave a Comment
Reach out to us for sponsorship opportunities
Vivamus integer non suscipit taciti mus etiam at primis tempor sagittis euismod libero facilisi.
© 2023 My Speech Class
New paper type - Summary of online lectures 5% OFF!
essay writing service
4.4 out of 5
4.5 out of 5
What is an Informative Speech Topic?
Information speech provides with a chance to reach out to the audience and share your knowledge on a certain subject matter. By doing that, you can also shed light on useful and exciting topics and subject matters. For that, you will need to conduct extensive and thorough research about the topics. Your personal opinion also matter in information speeches based on specific subject matters. You emotions are the key to establishing a connection with your audience. Providing a speech without due knowledge can greatly hurt your credibility as an information speaker as well.
How do I choose a Topic for my Informative Speech?
In order to effectively communicate your emotions to the audience, you are going to choose a great topic for informative speech. You can chose the informative topic on your own but it usually comprise of processes, items, groundbreaking concepts, or even, occurrences. A captivating topic backed by inclusion of your personal opinions and factual evidence makes a perfect informative speech. Your approach to the topic also matters significantly. For an informative speech, you need to choose a topic that is interesting for specific audience and hence, by doing that you are targeting certain niche. While conveying your information, the best way is to be concise and provide a thorough yet concise outlook of subject matter.
What are the Best Informative Speech Ideas?
You might be wondering what could be the best informative speech ideas. Well, they are highly dependent on your study field and certain situations that you have witnessed on personal level. The informative speeches could be about processes, objects, concepts, or events. Speeches about objects could be anything that is tangible and visible. It could be part of body or even an episode from the show, The Family Guy. A process based informative topic could include a descriptive of how something is done, work or made. For the event based informative speeches, you can choose an event like the First Great Depression faced by the United States. Another aspect includes the speeches regarding concepts; it is where you will need to link the concrete ideas for making your abstract concepts more plausible and presentable to the audience in general. Following is the list for some of the best informative speech topics:
This is only a sample, to get your own paper you need to:
Easy Informative Speech Topics
- Good Informative Speech Topics
Informative Speech Topics for College
- Informative Speech Topics
Interesting Informative Speech Topics
Topics For Informative Speech
Informative Speech Topics For College
- When can we see an end to racial violence?
- Same-sex marriages and its impact on American society
- Is it necessary to eradicate capital punishments?
- How effective is single parenting for raising children?
- What is the historical significance of the Great Depression?
- What is a better option: buying a car or renting one?
- What is the significance of vaccination on global scale?
- How can you create a successful brand?
- How to communicate with specially-able children?
- How can you be a persuasive speaker?
Fun Informative Speech Topics
- How do you think people celebrate Valentine’s Day in different cultures?
- Why to send monkeys in outer space?
- What makes Irish celebration funny?
- What fun games should you enjoy at the beach?
- The historical evolution of making an ice-cream
- Why people find it interesting to have tattoos?
- How people have evolved with taking selfies?
- How do horoscopes tell about your personality?
- The do’s and don’ts of working at Disneyland
- Best ways to cheat your way out in a game of Poker
Public Speaking Informative Speech Topics
- Should there be segregated classrooms for boys and girls?
- How to make children education more inclusive?
- What can we do to reduce global warming effects?
- What should you do to cyberbullies?
- Do we really need a gun control regulation?
- Why do you need to be considerate about sex education?
- Should schools operate on business models?
- Hardcover books are better than ebooks.
- How can you make a difference for global warming?
- Are juvenile courts doing their job?
- What are different breeds of cats?
- How does a supercomputer work?
- How can you train your cat?
- How you protect yourself from natural disasters?
- Do you know about some of not so famous presidents of the United States?
- How makes Jazz music different?
- What are some of the fastest growing cities in the United States?
- What is the best way to keep your closet organized?
- How to bake a chocolate cake?
- What makes you better at public speaking?
Creative Informative Speech Topics
- Can we make electricity from biosources to fuel cities?
- How do you think Elon Musk can revolutionize space race?
- How to avoid the next Great Depression?
- Does biracial adoption work for the families?
- Does gun control policies at school help in reducing terror acts?
- What needs to be done to create global basic income?
- What are some of the funniest traditions around the world?
- How can you turn your hobby into a viable business?
- Why do you need reforms to curb domestic violence?
- What are ways for starting your business with little investment?
Entertaining Informative Speech Topics
- What education do you need for being a superstar?
- How does Freddie Mercury inspire the millennials?
- The usage of CGI technology in movies
- How do the reality shows generate revenue?
- How does the #Metoo movement affect the entertainment industry worldwide?
- What are some of the best series to binge watch in 2019?
- What makes the Hollywood scandals popular among the youth?
- What pranks are trending among youth?
- How can Beethoven’s music inspire the music industry?
- What makes the music band to fall apart?
Order an Exclusive Paper of Top Standard
100% Originality Assured. Only Qualified Specialists
96% customers' satisfaction rate
400+ Native Writers
with minimum Master's degree
Discounts & Bonuses
5% discount with FIRST5 code
- How to perform moon-walking?
- How people get married around the world?
- What makes you stronger after near-death experience?
- What makes northern lights to appear?
- Handwriting can be a mirror of your personality
- What do you need to know before buying a car?
- Can you see full spectrum of light?
- How to travel the world cheaply?
- What places should you see in Nevada?
- How is global warming affecting you?
Sports Informative Speech Topics
- Can MMA evolve the definition of professional wrestling?
- What difficulties do female athletes face on global scale?
- How can you stay active by playing sports?
- Can online gaming be considered as a sporting activity?
- Is it better to air Spelling Bee competition on sports channel?
- A tale of corruption and scandals in football history
- What is the most dangerous: Hockey or netball?
- How can you become a professional athlete?
- What do you need in your golf bag?
- Racial discrimination in sports industry
Informative Speech Topics About Animals
- What is better to have: cats, dogs, or maybe, monkeys?
- What makes exotic cats breeds interesting to study?
- How can you raise your rabbit?
- Can you have tropical fish as pets?
- The evolution of ants after the big bang
- What role do cats play in history of world?
- Should you raise pet snakes?
- Why you should adopt a dog?
- Should you have a pet for depression?
- The unusual beauty in wolfs
Informative Speech Topics About Music
- The history of the Beetles and its influence on music industry
- What are different kinds of marching bands?
- The fascinating beauty behind Haitian music
- Can music be adopted as a lifestyle?
- How evolution of rock and roll has influenced the music industry?
- What makes electronic music exceptional?
- Impression of Freddy Mercury on modernized music industry
- How Jazz represent African American culture?
- Can the death mystery of Tupac be solved?
- Conflicts in the rap music industry
Business Informative Speech Topics
- What factors involve employee retention at workplace?
- Can introverts become better entrepreneur?
- Is “customer is always right” an accurate saying?
- How effective is cold emailing as a source of marketing?
- Can social media marketing provide stable customer base?
- What is the impact of increasing minimum wage on profitability of organization?
- Customer surveys can enhance customer satisfaction
- How organizational behavior enhances or inhibits employee retention?
- What is the role of leadership in a company?
- How family owned businesses survive?
Medical Informative Speech Topics
- Legal and safety issues of acupuncture
- Food allergies can trigger mental anguish
- What are the hardships of delivering a baby?
- Can air quality solve the problem of asthma?
- Back pain can affect your daily life activities
- Should pharmaceuticals be regularized?
- The terminally ill people need free hospice care facilities
- Are you at risk of skin cancer?
- Is birth control pill safe to use?
- Untreated water is a source of health issues in United States
What's Next Stage
Choosing an informative speech ideas can provide a direction for your either speech. It should be done based on your field of interest as well as your emotional connectivity to the topic. Students can write the informative speeches based on intensive research as well. For finding more information about the topic, you can find it out in other articles.
A List of 272 Informative Speech Topics: Pick Only Awesome Ideas! 
Just when you think you’re way past the question “How to write an essay?” another one comes. That’s the thing students desperately Google: “What is an informative speech?” And our custom writing experts are here to help you sort this out.
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for $13.00 $10.40/page
Informative speaking is a speech on a completely new issue. Tell your audience something they never knew!
Now that you know what informative speaking is, check out our great informative essay topics list – here you’ll find plenty of great ideas and issues to talk about! For more variety, try using a topic picker , in case nothing on our list caught your attention.
And remember to check your speech draft for vocabulary and grammar mistakes.
- 🔝 Top 10 Topics
- 👨⚕️ Healthcare and Medicine
- 🎼 Topics about Music
- 🤔 Psychology & Mental Health
- 🖥️ Topics for Presentations
- ℹ️ Other Informative Topics
- 📃 Thesis Statement Samples
🗣️ How to Choose an Informative Speech Topic
- ✏️ Frequent Questions
🔝 Top 10 Informative Speech Topics 2023
- Foster care system in the US
- Lunar New Year in different countries
- Social media impact on trends
- What are seasonal strategies?
- Winter and Summer Olympics cost difference
- Disadvantages of student loans
- Carbon footprint of cryptocurrency
- Difference between affirmation and meditation
- Are beauty pageants exploitive?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected the tourism industry?
👨⚕️ Health Informative Speech Topics
- The impact of sport on mental health
- Technology contribution to healthcare
- Benefits of healthy eating
- Side effects of paracetamol
- Can nasal spray be addictive?
- Is herbal medicine efficient?
- The importance of first aid
- What are the risks of using pain relievers?
- Can chronic diseases be cured?
- How harmful are antibiotics?
- Lifestyle diseases : learning to avoid unhealthy behaviors
- Evidence-based medicine: achieving measurable outcomes with medical interventions
- Medical trials: why vaccines take ten years to develop
- How do natural medicines become drugs?
- Antibiotics: what they can and cannot cure
- Can pain medication do more harm than good?
- Palliative care: when all medicine can do is relieve suffering
- Explain the health issues that develop with age
- Research how one’s immune system develops
- Demonstrate the principles of personal and environmental hygiene
- The variety of healthy lifestyle choices : it is time to take care of yourself
- The connection between health and happiness : playing the “glad” game
- Modern health care: new issues, approaches, and technologies
- Mental hygiene: taking proper care of your brain
- Healthy eating vs. eating disorders: what causes anorexia and bulimia and how to fight both
- Healthy habits and how to acquire them: be careful what you eat
- Healthy child development: new trends and theories
- Germs: health risks related to the lack of hygiene. Discuss the most common adverse outcomes of poor sanitation and what disorders it can cause.
- Natural remedies for cold and cough: safe for adults and children. Focus on common products used to treat cold: honey, herbal tea, chicken soup, etc.
- Birth control: types of emergency contraception. Talk about various forms of emergency contraception and its influence on the reproductive system.
- Practice daily kindness to improve your psychological well-being: developing a grateful approach toward others. Explain how gratefulness and acceptance build compassion and enhance our perception of the world.
- Dehydration : the role of water in our lives. The speech will help the audience understand why fresh water is crucial for our health and emphasize the importance of staying well-hydrated.
- Older adults and depression : symptoms, risks, and prevention. Discuss what symptoms (e.g., mood swings, irritation) indicate a potential depression and how they can be handled (through conversations, counseling, etc.).
- Chronic neck and back pain : what actions should be taken and when you need to see your doctor. Consider using your speech to present different types of neck and back pain and prove that prolonged pain almost always requires professional treatment.
- Heatstroke: first aid, potential risks, and outcomes. Elaborate why heatstrokes are dangerous and how they can affect movement and coordination if untreated.
You’ll find more essay ideas in our health-related topics list .
🎼 Informative Speech Topics about Music
- Is music therapy effective for ASD?
- The effect of classical music on the brain
- How has music technology evolved?
- How does music separate generations?
- 4 elements of musical theatre
- Why does music affect our mood?
- How does cultural context define a music genre?
- Why do movies have background music?
- Health benefits of playing musical instruments
- The similarities in traditional music around the world
- Assess the importance of music in cinema
- From Strauss to nu-metal: tracing the unexpected origins of a genre
- When music is not “musical”: talk about deliberately dissonant or chaotic works
- In what ways does a song change when translated for a different culture?
- Timeless classics: discuss how a composition can hold up for centuries
- Discuss how the electric guitar evolved from lyre
- How is a child’s development affected by listening to music or playing an instrument?
- Discuss songs that function as political statements
- Explore how a subculture can form around a musical genre
- In what ways are songs and art in general affected by copyright laws?
- Musical instruments and character peculiarities: melancholics prefer violins
- The role of music in society : a means to spur creativity or calm people down?
- Music therapy and its effects : another panacea for humankind
- Music as a mixture of art and industry: 21 st century pop culture
- Musical theater as the most unforgettable experience: something you never knew
- The most notable person in music history : changing the world in a moment
- Tendencies in musical genre development in the 21 st century
- Musical expression: definition and the modern interpretation
- The influence of music on infants’ psychological response. Center you discourse around the use of classical and modern music during pregnancy.
- Everybody hurts: how listening to sad music can enhance mood. Present different examples from the media that illustrate why sad music is helpful to our well-being.
- Music, musicians, and brain plasticity. Use recent research on brain plasticity to discuss why early musical training can be beneficial.
- Music is not just entertainment but also a tool for empowerment. Discuss how punk and other genres became tools of self-expression for marginalized groups.
- Prolonged exposure to music via earphones can cause tinnitus and other adverse effects : a speech topic for students. Using various examples, explain how earphones affect hearing acuity in adolescents and adults.
- Getting scientific: what EEG tells us about our brains during music listening. Explain what EEG is and present research that uses it to study human perception of music .
- Music for stroke or brain trauma rehabilitation. With the help of media and research, illustrate how music used in patients undergoing recovery after stroke.
- Classics, pop, and metal: how different types of music affect our mood. Elaborate whether the stereotype about “angry metalheads” is true; don’t forget to discuss pop as a “girly genre” as well.
You can also check out our music essay topics list for more ideas.
🤔 Psychology & Mental Health Informative Speech Topics
- Reliability of personality tests
- How can one learn empathy?
- The mechanisms of social cognition
- Dreams as a way of self-discovery
- The concept of persona and shadow
- Observation as a mental process
- Role of genetics in developing ADHD
- The difference between stress and anxiety
- Why is group therapy effective for depression?
- Cultural differences of nonverbal communication
- Discuss intrinsic vs. external motivation. What makes people do the things they do?
- Why are some things harder to turn into a habit?
- Present the factors affecting the development of one’s personality
- Discuss the biological processes influencing one’s psyche
- What makes some people resist even positive changes?
- Describe how the first impression forms and what influences it
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): its causes and treatments
- What makes it difficult to escape abusive relationships?
- Do opposites really attract? What qualities do people find attractive in others?
- How does positive stress (eustress) help people grow?
- The Mandela effect: explore the phenomenon of several people misremembering objects or events
- Review the qualities that make strong leaders . Are these qualities innate or acquired?
- Explore the motivations behind pathological greed and hoarding disorders
- Discuss the adverse effects of prolonged stress on one’s mental health
- Determine the role of one’s appearance during a job interview
- How does trust form between individuals? Why can it be difficult to regain once it’s been lost?
- Discuss how phobias develop and we can treat and manage them
- Examine the causes and effects of peer pressure. Argue whether it needs to be prevented.
- Assess the effectiveness of group therapy programs
- Explore the sunk cost fallacy. Why can people be irrational in choosing not to abandon failing plans or endeavors?
- Systems that classify personality types . In this speech, you can explain the history of such theories ranging from the four humors to Myers-Briggs personality types. Elaborate on their strengths, weaknesses, and applicability.
- Douglas McGregor’s theories of human motivation. Explain what they mean and how they have come to affect practical management. Argue their validity and applicability in different situations
- Learned helplessness: a psychological effect common to victims of abuse. In this demonstrative speech, you can explain the nature of the phenomenon. How is it acquired? What means of treatment are available? Elaborate on how it can affect one’s life.
- Explore the psychology of perfectionism . How can this motivation lead to adverse outcomes?
- Why are mean people popular? What psychological factors draw people to those who offend and alienate others? Explore the possible evolutionary or biological reasons for this attraction.
- Examine the techniques companies use to make people buy their products. Discuss how it reflects in shop environments, pricing, etc.
- The phenomenon of an online persona. People tend to act in different ways when interacting in-person and online. Describe the psychological reasons for this discrepancy. Focus on how people can respond differently to similar behaviors. How can it lead to misunderstandings? How damaging can these misunderstandings be?
- Emotional and rational decisions. In this speech, discuss how the two can lead to different choices in the same situation. Can we create conditions that encourage one or the other kind of decision? Elaborate on the ethical issues with such manipulation.
- The psychology of attention . Present how objects capture and retain one’s attention. Elaborate on how this knowledge is used for manipulation.
- How altruism affects one’s behavior. In this persuasive speech, explain how cultures encouraged or discouraged selflessness. Discuss the way animals can act altruistically. In conclusion, present how such actions shaped human history.
Don’t forget to check out our list of psychology and communication topics !
🖥️ Informative Presentation Topics
- Cut-up technique in poetry
- The Chinese tea ceremony
- An easy mindfulness technique
- Prevention of California wildfires
- COVID restrictions around the world
- Charter schools: controversies
- Phosphates and water quality
- Wonder Woman as a feminist icon
- Light pollution in the US
- The stages of a business cycle
- Impressive buildings from antiquity to modern day
- Ethics in robotics: self-driving vehicles and robots
- Explore how elements of the military organization are applied in business
- Discuss the social and economic consequences of automation
- Health benefits of yoga and similar practices
- Explain how you can be environmentally conscious in your day-to-day life
- Present the current plans to create an undersea infrastructure. What benefits would this have? What challenges must be overcome?
- Discuss the positive and negative effects of criminalizing an activity
- Review the issues of working across national and cultural borders
- The emerging space tourism industry and its perspectives
- Speak about the healthy balance of diet and exercise
- Explore the use of statistics and analysis in political decision-making
- What are the challenges in translating or adapting poetry?
- News neutrality: discuss the issues with biased or partisan reporting
- Discuss why some countries choose to import foods instead of producing their own
- Examine the dangers of exposing personal information online . What can you do to avoid it?
- Explain the process of launching a vehicle to Earth’s orbit
- How is water reclaimed and purified? Why is access to clean water so important?
- What are the perspectives of augmented reality in learning applications?
- Discuss the applications of remote-controlled technology in a field of your choice
- Medical basics: pathogens. In this informative speech, explain the differences between the common types of pathogens. Focus on critical differences in diagnosis and treatment, as well as common misconceptions.
- The Space Race. Speak about the competitive space exploration by the Soviet Union and the US in the mid-20th century. Elaborate on the major events and their political and scientific consequences. You can also demonstrate the technologies that found use in daily life.
- The air we breathe. Discuss the composition of the air and the elements we need to live. Focus on the effects of pollutants and the breathing mixtures used by divers or astronauts.
- The Christmas truce. In this speech, describe the Christmas truce of 1914, when World War I soldiers left their trenches to exchange greetings and celebrate the holiday with their enemies. Determine the cultural and political significance of this event.
- Service animals. In what ways do animals, besides dogs, help people in various tasks? Discuss both current and historical use of animals. Elaborate on the training and selection, as well as the ethical aspects.
- Public transit vs. personal transport. Compare and contrast these two options. Elaborate on the city planning techniques required to encourage one or the other option.
- City beautification . What’s the role of parks, recreational areas, and monuments in city planning? Focus on their less apparent benefits. Argue for or against preserving natural green spaces within cities.
- The space business. How do individual entrepreneurs turn space exploration into private businesses? Demonstrate the advances made by private space companies. Explain the main legal and ethical issues of private spaceflight.
- Space debris. Assess the danger posed by debris left behind by previous space missions. Demonstrate the measures taken to reduce the accumulation of debris. What are the plans to reduce it in the future?
- Green energy . Discuss the perspectives of environmentally-friendly sources of power. Focus on the current plans for implementing renewable energy sources.
An informative presentation is like a speech with visuals. That’s why it makes sense to choose topics that you can illustrate with graphs and pictures. You can find more ideas in our presentation topics list.
ℹ️ Informative Speech Topics: Other Ideas
Informative speech topics on food and nutrition.
In case you’re looking for essay topics and ideas concerning nutrition , there are plenty of wonderful speeches for you to choose:
- Do superfoods live up to their name? Explore misconceptions about the new trend
- Free, added, and natural sugars: what’s the difference?
- Flavor enhancers: more than MSG. How do they affect nutrition?
- What basic principles do you need to consider when choosing a diet?
- Carbohydrates, fats, and proteins: what they are and what they do
- What do we need vitamins and minerals for?
- How do ethical food choices affect one’s body and the environment?
- Explain how one should eat to be healthy
- Discuss the importance of each daily meal, such as breakfast and dinner
- Explore the nutritional basis behind a traditional cuisine of your choice
- The most exotic food ever: a snapshot of world culture
- Food additives , their effects, and threats: be careful what you eat
- Food chains: mechanisms, efficiency, and revenue
- Providing food security : learning what meals consist of
- Food habits in different countries : learning the peculiarities of etiquette
- Food and nutrition: differences and similarities
- Food resources in impoverished countries: solving the problem
- Steak vs. Salad: how we should reach balance in the daily food intake. Discuss the pros and cons of vegetarian dieting or too frequent consumption of meat.
- Junk food: advantages, risks, and relation to obesity. Talk about the influence of junk food, soda drinks, and sweets on the epidemic of obesity in the USA .
- How corporations shape our food preferences. Explain why branding and marketing are important for shaping our perception of food value.
- Undereating and overeating: how children and adults acquire eating disorders and what needs to be done to overcome them. Using research, discuss the prevalence of bulimia and anorexia in different demographic groups.
- Cereals and soda: our favorite food can directly contribute to unstoppable obesity epidemic. In this speech, you can focus on the current obesity epidemic in the USA and explain how junk food affects our food preferences and health.
- Mediterranean diet : advantages and disadvantages . Prepare a short speech about the Mediterranean diet, its history, and research.
- Going green : how climate change affects food supply and global hunger. During this speech, you should talk to your audience about food shortages and famine caused by natural disasters.
- Food allergies : types, causes, and actions to prevent adverse effects. Indicate different types of food allergies and outline their outcomes on individual health.
By the way, you can easily turn these speech ideas into informative essay writing topics!
A List of Informative Speech Topics: Teaching and Education Issues
In case you’re looking for a couple of informative topics for a presentation on an educational issue , consider the following suggestions:
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.
- Standardization in education: are equal programs and guidelines for everyone worthwhile?
- How do you make changing schools easier?
- Inverted classroom methodology: can pre-recorded lectures improve education?
- Enumerate the developmental milestones associated with early childhood
- Discuss how making students engaged influences their learning outcomes
- Learn a new language early: how does a child benefit from it?
- Pursuing further education after college: benefits and drawbacks
- Describe the pros and cons of self-education
- Studying abroad: what do you gain from it?
- Discuss what important subjects are omitted from a standard curriculum
- Education in America vs. education in Europe: differences and similarities
- What makes education important: in praise of literacy
- Education and unemployment: the reasonability of studying
- The difference between education and personality development
- Education helps reach the career goals … and shapes them
- Technological advances in promoting a better quality of education
- Current issues in education and the means to solve them
- Education for groups of ESL speakers: challenges and solutions
- Education and poverty: how poverty influences children’s health, performance, and social skills. Using the examples of poor districts and communities, discuss the performance and mental illness of students from these areas.
- Inclusive education: current breakthroughs and challenges . Elaborate on new inclusion techniques that help students with disabilities. Use the examples of the USA and Canada.
- The use of project-based learning to improve student’s performance. Focus your speech on classroom projects and their ability to enhance social skills of students .
- Common Core standards : a 5-minute speech about goals and objectives. Provide a short lecture about the most known CC standards and how local teachers achieve the goals presented there.
- Humorous education: how a good sense of humor can affect the learning environment. Using the examples from professional literature, make a short presentation about teachers who base their instructions and lessons on jokes and wit.
- We are all different, but equal: diversity in education. Explain how students from different ethnic backgrounds affect others’ perception of their culture and what teachers can do to help them.
- Online learning : a science topic about web-based education. Talk about online testing and the gamification of the learning experience.
- Testing is not scary: standard and creative assessment methods for your class . Explain how testing should be modified to improve student’s performance and self-perception.
With these informative speech topics, you’ll always be on top!
Cultural Informative Speech Topics for Students
Culture is an exciting, multi-faceted concept that includes language, art, and customs. There’s so much to explore! Choose one of these interesting topics for your informative speech on culture:
- The challenges of translating literature into different languages
- Describe how culture has changed since the internet made it easier for individuals to contribute
- How a culture develops in small groups, e.g., an office
- Explore the customs of immigrant or expatriate communities
- What things do different cultures interpret in opposite ways?
- Discuss how a nation’s views on certain foods have changed through history
- Speak about the role of pets or livestock in a culture of your choice
- Online culture: does it qualify as a separate culture?
- Explore the agricultural roots behind modern holidays
- Collectivism vs. individualism : how do the civilizations centered on these values differ?
- Discuss the hero’s journey phenomenon as described in J. Campbell’s book The Hero with a Thousand Faces
- Explain the value of traveling to discover other cultures
- Discuss the coincidental similarities found in otherwise unrelated cultures
- Describe cases when a text is improved by translation
- Demonstrate the interaction between informal speech and language in general
- Transgressions: the cultural mechanism for controlling undesired behavior
- The value of comedy, satire, or parody
- Generational strife: how do individuals respond to culture changing around them?
- Explore the role of dance in the world’s cultures
- Cultural exchange. Discuss things that Americans could learn from other countries. Can you give examples of such exchanges happening in the past?
- Science fiction : the new philosophy. Examine how this genre has evolved into discussing philosophical and ethical issues. Focus on writers such as Philip K. Dick and Isaac Asimov
- Dystopian fiction and political critique. Explore how the dystopian genre critiques ideologies and political structures. Can such texts influence political discourse?
- A heroic figure in history. How do heroes reflect and inform contemporary cultural ideals? Show examples of the hero changing as cultural values shift.
- Modern heroes. Discuss how the contemporary age gave rise to new heroic figures. What values do real and fictional heroic figures embody?
- Lost in adaptation. The same story can be presented in various visual ways. In this speech, discuss how it can change from its original inception to different adaptations. What traits are critical for a story to remain recognizable? Which of them are unique to adaptations in a particular format?
- Culture and technology. Discuss how they influence and shape one another. How did technological innovations alter cultures? In what ways can cultural changes direct the development of new technology?
- Superheroes as modern myths. In this speech, critically examine ancient mythical figures and pop culture’s superheroes . Compare them, noting the similarities and differences.
- How do subcultures form? In this speech, explain the reasons behind the development of subcultures . Then, discuss how subcultures interact with the mainstream and influence it.
- Culture and oppression. Research historical precedents where culture was shaped by attempts to suppress or curtail it. Did these changes originate from subversive texts or other works of art? How did it influence the dominant culture?
- Culture of poverty . People living in poverty in developed countries have been noted to gravitate towards certain behaviors called “culture of poverty.” In this speech, discuss this phenomenon and suggest ways of counteracting it.
Informative Speech Topics: Fun and Easy
Do you want a light-hearted or entertaining topic for your informative speech? Then this section is for you!
- How documentaries affect the perception of historical events
- Explore the history of one sport of your choice
- Discuss popular films that fictionalize or dramatize real-life events
- Determine the psychological reasons why people are drawn to dangerous sports
- Assess the appeal of grand competitions such as the Olympics
- Present the graffiti preserved since AD 79. In what ways are they similar to modern graffiti?
- What are the best unconventional ways of coping with stress ? Review the methods ranging from shouting into a bag to gallows humor.
- What effects do have social networks have on people’s relationships?
- Discuss historical events and figures turned into folklore
- Speak about the representation of mythical creatures in modern media
- The history of cars and the recent developments in their construction
- Outline the current advances in prosthetics technology. What do they enable people to do?
- Discuss tricks used by marketers, such as prices ending in .99
- Review computer programs that play chess and other games. How do they contribute to the research of artificial intelligence and algorithms?
- Describe what makes a song catchy, memorable, and successful
- Assess the challenges of constructing tall buildings
- Rotoscoping: how did it influence the animation industry?
- Discuss inventive ancient solutions to issues in designing buildings, e.g., ventilation
- Present the concept and potential applications of general AI
- The health benefits of hiking or traveling long distances by foot
- From tragedy to comedy. Explore the subject of tone in writing or presentation. In this demonstrative speech, you can show how a minor change can turn a tragic scene into a comedic one.
- Drinking around the world. Discuss the role of alcoholic beverages in the world’s cultures. Focus on customs and rituals associated with the consumption of alcohol.
- Petty competitions. Speak about the lengths people go to compete over a generally insignificant achievement. Mention almanacs like the Guinness World Records. What psychological or social reasons drive people to compete for these records?
- Talking animals. What animals can be taught to mimic human speech? You can discuss whether this constitutes actual communication or just mimicry.
- Expanded fictional universes . Review how subsequent works from other creators expand and develop imaginary worlds. Elaborate on the cultural and artistic influences of this phenomenon. What legal issues are involved in creating a work based on a pre-existing idea?
- Computers in media. Computers have become an element of daily life, yet the media still portrays them as almost magical. In this speech, discuss the common misconceptions that artistic works perpetuate in their presentation of computers and information technology .
- Pets and comfort animals. Explore the importance of pets for one’s mental well-being. Describe situations where animal companionship is prescribed to help with mental health issues. Mention some of the less common comfort animals.
- Pop musicians and their image. Focus on artists who try to shock their audience with their outrageous clothing designs or stage acts. Or, choose the artists who are successful despite their image.
- Charity and volunteer work: pros and cons. Research small groups that were able to cause significant changes. Elaborate on the dangers involved in these activities. Give examples of charities being involved in fraud.
- Working remotely. How did the ability to work remotely change the workplace? Explore the benefits and difficulties of working from home, as well as the challenges of managing a team of employees who don’t share one office space.
📃 Thesis Samples for Informative Speeches
When writing a speech, you’ll need a thesis. It’s one of the most important elements of any text, so take a glance at the thesis statement examples below:
Thesis Statement #1
Because of the increasing impact that the R&B and Indie genres have on the audience, it can be suggested that the main tendency of 21 st century music is going to be a cross between the two.
Just $13.00 $10.40/page , and you can get an custom-written academic paper according to your instructions
Thesis Statement #2
Despite the abundance of information concerning the threat of environmental pollution, it is not pollution but a lack of resources that is likely to threaten humankind.
Finally, check out this example of an introduction with a thesis statement:
[…] In the 21 st century, there is hardly a single sci-fi idea that has not been turned into reality yet. Even a seemingly impossible concept of invisibility was finally put into practice. However, despite the numerous achievements of humankind, the ability to turn people or things transparent is but a dream. Nevertheless, with the help of recent developments, the dream is likely to turn into reality in the near future.
The first issue that needs clarifying is the difference between invisibility and transparency. […]
Congratulations – now you’re ready to write the informative speech of your dreams!
Do you find presenting a speech in front of a live audience too challenging? Or perhaps you’re struggling to choose the topic for your informative presentation? Are you looking for interesting and informative speech or presentation ideas to impress your audience?
Here are some helpful tips.
- Think of what topic would be interesting to your target audience. When you are trying to find a topic for an informative speech, think of yourself as a teacher who will instruct the audience about something they don’t know. The informative speech topic should be new and relevant to your audience. In this way, you can be sure that your audience will listen carefully and learn from the information you deliver.
- Choose an informative speech topic you are interested in. It should be something you really care about so that you can convey your enthusiasm to your audience.
- A good idea is to choose a topic that you know a lot about. You will not have to do much research, and the informative speech writing process will be much easier.
- But the best choice of all? Select a topic that is totally new to you! You will need to read and research a lot to gather the necessary information, but you’ll learn a lot from the process.
- You will probably be given a small amount of time to deliver your speech, so avoid topics that are too complex. You will not have enough time to tackle all the relevant issues if your topic is too broad.
- After selecting your topic, brainstorm the subject of your informative speech presentation to be sure you know enough to deliver an impressive speech.
- Make sure there is plenty of material available for you to research. If there is not enough information on your topic, choose another one.
- Keep in mind the three P’s of success in informative speaking: perseverance, preparation, and practice.
- Another good P? Have a positive attitude when you’re delivering your speech!
- Some topics always provide good material for informative speaking, like history, medicine, health, education, law, and science.
- Get help from the internet. You can find many lists of interesting, informative speech topics on the web.
If you still feel that you lack the necessary skills to write a perfect informative essay, look for professional writing help online.
This might be interesting for you:
- Funny Informative Speech Topics and Ideas for Presentation
- Good Informative Speech Topics: How to Get Thunders of Applause
- Social Studies Topics for Your Research Project
- Best Science and Technology Essay Topics to Write About
- Satirical Essay Examples and Best Satire Essay Topics
✏️ Informative Speech Topics FAQ
To pick an appropriate speech topic, decide on the type of your speech first. The subject depends on whether it is a persuasive, informative, inspiring speech, etc. A good topic would correspond to the aim of the presentation. Moreover, it should fascinate you personally.
An informative speech aims to present some facts in a clear and interesting way. It might tell about a place, a person, sometimes even about yourself. To make sure that you have a coherent and structured speech, start with an outline.
A great introduction is crucial to capturing your listeners’ attention. Make sure to start off your presentation in a positive and upbeat manner. The best way to grab attention might be to begin with a (rhetoric) question. Another option is to tell a joke or an anecdote.
Your informative speech should be exciting to listen to. Naturally, it would be annoying to listen to something too specific and unfamiliar to your audience. So the best way to find an interesting topic is to think about the interests of your potential audience.
- The Most Popular TED Talks of All Time
- RAND Reports by Topic
- Brookings Research Topics
- Delivering an Informative Speech
- Informative Speech Sample
- The 31 Literary Devices You Must Know
- 5 Tips on How to Write a Speech Essay
- Rhetorical Situations
- 9 Tips to End a Speech With a Bang
- Preparing a Speech
- Health Topics: NIMH
- Diseases and Conditions: Mayo Clinic
- Health Topics: World Health Organization
- Human Nutrition: Encyclopedia Britannica
- Psychiatry and Mental Health Disorders: Medscape
- What Is Culture: Livescience
- Integrated Studies: Edutopia
- Education Topics: Gale
- How Psychologists Define Attention: Very Well Mind
- Marketing Psychology: 10 Revealing Principles of Human Behavior: HubSpot
- Music Research: NAMM Foundation
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
Howdy! This is a kind of topic, but I need some guidance from an established blog. Is it tough to set up your own blog? I’m not very technical, but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about creating my own, but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
Hello Joanna, It’s not tough to set up your own blog. You have 2 options here: 1) Easy option – Use any blogging platform – weebly.com, wordpress.com, blogger.com and many many more. 2) Less easy option – Buy hosting, set up everything yourself from scratch. You can read about the process on the Internet, for example here https://websitesetup.org/. Good luck with that, and thanks for stopping by!
Well, we all went to school as kids, and we remember listening to speeches was so boring. Maybe on this website, you could add some topics that perhaps you did as a kid. Or even maybe some questions that you think kids would be on the edge of there seats because they want you to keep talking. Like I am in elementary school, and I am looking at some of these topics, and they are really good I just don’t think they would catch the attention of grade 7 kids in my school. Maybe if you think about my topic, it will make you remember when you were in school. Thanks, Megan 🙂
Thank you for writing such useful feedback. Much appreciated for your suggestion. We will definitely take into account it while discussing our content topics.
Thanks again and all the best!
Speech And Debate
Informative Speech Topics
Last updated on: Feb 9, 2023
Informative Speech Topics - Interesting Ideas By Experts
By: Cordon J.
10 min read
Reviewed By: Jacklyn H.
Published on: Sep 29, 2020
An informative speech is written to educate the audience about a particular subject. The aim of this public speaking is to present the information in such a way that it allows the audience members to understand and remember it easily.
An informative speech is also a part of speech writing and you can learn everything about the kind of topics it has, here in this blog.
With this article, we hope to solve this problem as we have gathered many interesting informative speech ideas.
On this Page
How to Find Good Topics for Informative Speech?
A good speech topic is essential to keep your audience engaged and to ensure they learn something useful. It also makes writing and delivering the speech a fun and exciting process for you.
Following are some effective pointers to help you choose an informative speech topic.
Whenever you construct something with the intent of sharing information, your primary focus should be the targeted audience.
To understand the audience along with considering their interests, keep in mind their age and knowledge level.
While considering the audience and their interests is an integral part. Still, it is equally important to write on something that you are passionate about since you are the one who has to spend their time researching and writing the speech.
It is important to consider what the recommended length of the speech is when selecting your topic. The word requirement is directly related to the amount of relevant material you have on your topic.
Informative Speech Topics for Students
Here is a list of informative speech topics for you to choose from. Use these topics as a starting point to take help from. You can mold them as you like or use them as it is.
Informative Speech Topics for University Students
- Would our descendants be happy to see the world in this current state?
- The impact of man on nature
- It is possible to change your fate.
- Is being an adult easy?
- What are some safety measures for riding dirt bikes?
- What psychological tactics are used in advertising and marketing?
- Effects of incentives on employee motivation
- How can we improve our communication skills?
- What are some good conversation starters?
- Is theory more useful than practical knowledge?
Informative Speech Topics for College
- How to prepare yourself for an important interview, such as a job or college interview?
- How can one improve his communication skills?
- What is the difference between boundaries and limits?
- The benefits of a college degree.
- How to prevent college dropout?
- How to pick a major in college?
- How to control your temper in difficult situations?
- How is a single life better than being in a relationship?
- How to convince yourself to take the next big step in life?
- When will remote areas become civilized?
Informative Speech Topics for High School
- Is homeschooling a better option for students?
- High school will be the best and worst times of your life.
- It is possible to ace your way through high school.
- All high school students should wear uniforms.
- Boys procrastinate more than girls do.
- How to set goals for yourself and achieve them?
- What are the things that make life meaningful?
- Physical work and slavery: the relationship between the two?
- Parents need to try and understand their children better.
- Is telepathy real?
Good Informative Speech Topics
- The existence of the Bermuda Triangle
- What are some of the fastest-growing careers?
- Effective ways to study for a test.
- How to train your dog?
- Why do people get tattoos?
- Vampires and Literature.
- How can anyone direct a movie?
- What are some photography basics?
- Discuss how illegal items struggle in America.
- What is foreign policy?
Creative Informative Speech Topics
- How is empathy different from sympathy?
- What is the best age to get married?
- Does your brain fall in love with someone too, or is it the heart?
- How can you spot toxic friends?
- Do you agree with the phrase “God helps those who help themselves?”
- How are boundaries different from limits?
- What are the three basic goals everyone must have in their lives?
- What is the best way to resolve conflicts?
- Life goes downhill after high school.
- Does technology help you become creative?
Easy Informative Speech Topics
- Is tolerance equivalent to love?
- Domestic violence against men.
- The truth about foster care in America.
- Journalism is the key to fighting corruption.
- Some of the most expensive paintings weren’t worth the cost.
- Evolution of makeup.
- The meaning of different words that changed over time?
- How can we help refugees?
- What is the purpose of the United Nations?
- The English language joins the entire world.
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Sports Informative Speech Topics
- Is rugby a dangerous sport?
- Female athletes are allowed to play on male sports teams?
- What’s more dangerous, netball or hockey?
- What are the benefits of indulging in sports for all age groups?
- Difference between American and Canadian football.
- How does American Karate strengthen your wellbeing?
- How do sports help with positive self-esteem in children?
- Sports help improve our mental well-being.
- Hunting shouldn’t be considered a sport?
- Smoking of any kind should be banned in stadiums.
Entertaining Informative Speech Topics
- Fathers are cooler than moms.
- Parents should be kept off social media.
- Why do school parties need to happen every week?
- The worst way to skip class.
- Why do some people find offensive jokes funny?
- What do women really say when they mean “I don’t know?”
- Kanye West for president.
- How to fall out of love?
- The strangest person I met on the subway.
- Wine tastings.
Fun Informative Speech Topics
- Everyone is a photographer these days.
- Lying without getting caught is a talent.
- Every good girl is attracted to a bad boy.
- A mid-life crisis is an excuse used by people.
- Elvis Presley is still alive.
- Ellen DeGeneres should be made President.
- Robots will make humankind lazier.
- French is the sexiest accent.
- Most rich people are miserable.
- Men need to stop wearing skinny jeans.
Unique Informative Speech Topics
- Ways to pay off student loans in 10 years
- What are the benefits of pleading guilty?
- Ways to get a good internship.
- A guide to social media apps.
- How to travel the world for cheap?
- Colonizing Mars: pros and cons.
- How to deal with a bullied child effectively?
- Are video blogs new age diaries?
- Good online jobs for students.
- How can one develop a positive relationship in life?
Psychology Informative Speech Topics
- Why do women lean towards romantic comedies and men enjoy action movies?
- What will life be like in 250 years?
- Why are women fascinated by roses?
- Why wouldn't I want to be a billionaire?
- Why movies based on true stories aren’t actually true.
- Why do my younger siblings worship me?
- How is learning computer language useful?
- How does the computer understand us?
- The truth about turning 30.
- Legalization of assisted suicide.
Informative Speech Topics About Animals
- Should animals be used to test beauty products?
- Mice and rats affect us badly and must be killed.
- Should dogs be outdoor pets?
- It is unethical to keep birds in cages.
- Should pets be microchipped?
- Pets shouldn’t be a birthday present for kids.
- Why should busy people not keep pets?
- Dogs make better pets than cats.
- Animal fighting games should be banned.
- Animals don’t belong in zoos.
Controversial Informative Speech Topics
- Why do countries still create nuclear weapons if they can destroy human lives?
- Parents shouldn’t scold their children in front of other people.
- Do ghosts really exist?
- Why is cryptocurrency becoming more and more popular every day?
- Police force corruption.
- Who is at fault for teen suicides?
- Should couples live together before marriage?
- Gay couples are adopting kids.
- Unemployment Insurance benefit.
- Physician-Assisted suicide for terminally ill patients
Persuasive Informative Speech Topics
- Rise and fall of the Mughal empire.
- Why did the Titanic sink?
- How can monkeys climb trees so easily?
- Team sports without team-building skills are bound to fail.
- How can college students land good internships?
- Sports obsession is unhealthy.
- The growing crime rates on college campuses
- Why should horses be used for transportation?
- Using animals for the circus should be stopped.
Demonstrative Informative Speech Topics
- How to keep your closet organized all the time.
- What is the history of chocolate?
- Why is eating pork dangerous for your health?
- Some near-death experiences.
- Why do people lie?
- What benefits do you get from pleading guilty?
- Having pets makes children responsible.
- Sponsoring is highly important for sports events to take place.
- Euthanasia for animals is unethical.
- It is unhealthy to participate in competitive sports as a child.
Informative Speech Topics on Traveling
- Five creative ways to ensure safety during travel
- Describe the seven wonders of the world
- How traveling broadens your horizon
- Every school should take their students on a three days long trip.
- How to find the most affordable holiday package?
- More amusement parks should be designed around the world.
- What are the ten most essentials for traveling?
- Which is better, traveling by air or by road?
- Most popular trekking trails
- The rise of solo women travelers.
Informative Speech Topics About Life
- How to be kind to everyone?
- Ten life hacks that everyone should know.
- How to pay off your loan quickly?
- How to buy a new house?
- A service animal can make your life easy.
- How to make a marriage work?
- Minimum wage law
- All about your favorite dancer
- How to be a good friend?
General Informative Speech Topics
- Cheerleading is an actual sport.
- Dogs should be outdoor pets.
- Stray dogs should be removed from the face of the world.
- Why should sports be mandatory for college students?
- Do athletes earn way too much?
- Worst sports trade of all time
- Rats are severely dangerous and must be eliminated.
- What is the future of sports?
- Is the Olympics still relevant?
- Marine animals must not be kept in captivity.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
We hope that with the aid of these great public speaking informative speech topics, you could find a topic of your interest. Choose a topic and get started.
You have chosen your topic, but you’ve just now realized how time-consuming it is actually to construct the speech. A whole lot of research and effort goes into it.
If you feel overwhelmed thinking this isn’t your cup of tea – delivering a speech in front of hundreds of people is stressful as it is, you don’t need this added stress.
We are a professional write my essay for me service available to help students like you who either don’t have the time or skill to craft an engaging speech for their listeners. Our writers can craft a high-quality speech or essay or even research papers for all academic-level students.
Whether you need a simple high school essay or a complicated informational essay for college, we do it all.
At 5StarEssays.com , we have a dedicated team of expert writers who specialize in academic writing, including writing informative speeches and persuasive speeches. All you need to do is contact us, provide all the necessary details and then sit back, spend time with friends and family while we take care of the rest.
Cordon. is a published author and writing specialist. He has worked in the publishing industry for many years, providing writing services and digital content. His own writing career began with a focus on literature and linguistics, which he continues to pursue. Cordon is an engaging and professional individual, always looking to help others achieve their goals.
Was This Blog Helpful?
- How to Write a Speech - Outline With Example
- Commemorative Speech: Guide to Craft an Engaging Speech
- Persuasive Speech Topics - 150+ Topics for Students
- 50+ Demonstration Speech Ideas for Your Next Great Speech
- Impromptu Speech Topics - 150+ Interesting Ideas
- Debate Topics (2022) - Top 100+ Compelling Topics
- Motivational Speech Topics for an Inspirational Speech
- Extemporaneous Speech - How to Write One Successfully?
- Graduation Speech - Write Your Best Graduation Speech
People Also Read
- how to write a compare and contrast essay
- chicago style format
- dissertation vs thesis
- press release format
- types of argument
Burdened With Assignments?
© 2023 - All rights reserved
2000+ SATISFIED STUDENTS
95% Satisfaction RATE
30 Days Money-back GUARANTEE
95% Success RATE
© 2022 5StarEssays.com. All rights reserved.
LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
SIGN UP TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- Your phone no.
- Password Password must be minimum 8 characters.
- Confirm Password
- SEND PASSWORD
Informative Speech Topics and Ideas: The Ultimate Guide
Before proceeding to the main topic, let us get some idea on Informative speech. Well, it is the type of speech that gives information about a particular subject to audiences.
It also provides engaging information which is unique and desired by the audience.
Informative speech describes the topic of your interest. For an instance, if you are giving an informative speech on coffee, focus on the topic.
Think about, what does coffee do, why do you love coffee, and how does it affect your health.
Also, to get rid of the health effect how much coffee do you need to drink per day. You can also conclude by summarizing all these things in a creative way. This makes your speech more interesting.
When you present, you might like to expand some topics or reduce the others. Here, you should be sensitive to your audience and think too much like this can distract the topic.
Remember, too much argumentative speech attempting to influence might take your audiences away.
These kinds of speech are polemical and are wrongly argumentative. You can also find places and time to make an appropriate polemical speech. But, it is not good to include it in the middle of the speech.
You can mention like “Coffee encourages me to work, giving me company during the work. I start my day with a cup of coffee.
Table of Contents
Informative Speech Topics in History:
Informative speech topics in health and medicine:, informative speech topics in teaching, education, and students:, informative speech topics in music:, informative speech topics in food:, informative speech topics on environment:, informative speech topics in technology:, informative speech topics on economy:, informative speech topics in life:, other informative speech topics, 1. introduction, body, and conclusion, 2. clear, influential, and grabbing introduction, 3. seamless transitions, 4. do not forget to summarize at last, sample of informative speech, a) note list of wide-ranging subject area corresponding your knowledge and expertise, b) focus on the subject area relevant you don’t know yet but would love to, c) pick up the particular purpose of your speech, d) from the list of your topics, pick the one you can express clearly, a) carry out the initial research, b) think about how your research might change your topic, a) think about your audiences earlier than writing the speech, b) summarize your speech, c) elaborate the key points to make it interesting, d) write an introduction, e) write conclusion, a) make sufficient time to practice your speech, b) practice slowing down, c) if possible practice your speech with your friends, 1) make sure you do not speak fast, 2) practice speaking clearly and comprehensibly, 3) speak with your parents and friends, 4) get help from the internet, 5) carry out the outline properly, 6) understand the difference between persuasive and informative speech, 1) the audiences, 2) languages, 4) try to become clear and concise, 5) use audio or visuals if possible, informative speech topics.
- The Great Depression
- Famous riots
- The British Royal Family
- Women in the military
- Unique funeral customs across the world
- The origin of alphabets
- The history of tobacco use
- The evolution of marriage
- Top secret government experiments
- The most fascinating accidental inventions
- History of witchcraft
- The history of language
- History of beauty products
- The Industrial Revolution
- The Middle Ages
- How did the Olympics come to be?
- Albert Einstein’s Contributions to Science
- Helen Keller’s Life
- History of art and expression
- Civil disobedience
- Why do we celebrate Valentine’s day?
- Where did fortune cookies come from
- A look into World wars
- Understanding cults
- Evolution of comic books
- Most exciting prison breaks of history
- Why have street gangs been so prevalent?
- Life and Works of Mahatma Gandhi
- Most shocking murders the world has seen
- Evolution of immigration in the US
- Life and Works of Mother Teresa
- People Who Changed the World
- How the Earth was formed
- How antibiotics came to be
- The history of greyhound dogs
- Different philosophical perspectives
- Evolution of movies
- How Modern art came to be
- Understanding Millenials and Gen-Z
- History of Superstitions
- History of Genocide
- Indian Culture
- Haitian Music
- The trucking industry
- The 80’s: more than just denim and hairdos
- The funniest inventions ever
- An analysis of smoking in movies through the years
- Women in space
- World’s most wanted criminals
- Most ridiculous laws throughout history
- Medicines from nature
- Memory loss
- How the brain works
- Mental illnesses
- Fast food culture
- Basic first aid
- Lucid dreams
- Organ donation
- Medicinal properties of ginger
- Why I am better than you: A look into Narcissistic Disorder
- Are home remedies actually worth it?
- How DNA testing changed the world
- How vitamins can enrich your everyday life
- Why you need to stretch before your workout
- Different personality disorders
- The true horror of chemical warfare
- How makeup affects your skin
- Birth control and its negative effects
- Leaps made by stem cell research
- Signs of early on-set Alzheimers
- How vaccines work
- How to avoid wrinkles
- Understanding insomnia
- Understanding addiction
- How nicotine deteriorates your life
- Herbs as medicine
- Life as a child of a drug addict
- Why do we itch?
- Botox: the good and the bad
- Human cadavers – history of, uses of
- How to have a better memory
- DNA evidence.
- The intelligence of dolphins
- Is dark chocolate healthy?
- Importance of vitamins and minerals
- Pros and cons of LASIK surgery
- Weight Issues.
- Teen pregnancy
- How stress can cripple your health
- How a vegan diet can better your life
- Why understanding health is vital to your weight loss journey
- Unique medical conditions
- Crazy things people have done on an adrenaline rush
- Why does our body crave danger?
- How to make an income while a student
- How to survive freshman year
- How to take the GRE
- How to get a student job on campus
- How to save money while in college
- Virtual learning and its impact on Modern Education
- Education and its role in unemployment
- Great vacation bargains for students
- Ethnic diversity for a more open learning experience
- What to do in your senior year
- Why do you need a college degree?
- Moving out of the dorm to an apartment off-campus
- Freebies and discounts for students
- How to pay off your student loans in 10 years
- Graduation checklist
- How to pick a major you care about
- The evolution of testing
- The basics of financial aid
- How to get that great internship
- Current issues in education and what we can do about them
- Basics of getting a fellowship
- Learning disabilities teachers should be aware of
- Banned books
- Why travel is beneficial to education.
- Diploma mills
- Poverty and its impact on students
- A look at the different testing methods
- Online learning: A breakthrough in Modern Education
- What to do on spring break?
- Is homeschooling an effective learning method?
- The history of your favorite musical group
- How music has changed the world
- What music has been to society
- Classical and Modern Music: A comparison
- The benefits of Music Therapy
- Music and its effects on mood
- Music and its effects on plant growth
- Music and its effects on the psychological response of infants
- The impact your favorite artist has had in the music world
- The evolution of music
- How different genres of music promote empowerment through self-expression
- Modern earphones and tinnitus
- Music and devotion explained through the life of an artist
- How our brain reacts to music
- How music can be used in rehabilitation
- Does our music tastes define our personality?
- What really makes a rockstar?
- Strangest musical instruments across the world
- Food additives: What are they and how they affect us
- Food etiquettes across different countries
- The food crisis
- We are what we eat
- Culinary modernism
- The most exotic foods you can eat
- Different types of coffee
- Can peanut butter and jelly get any better than it is?
- Understanding the food chain
- Understanding food allergies
- Understanding nutrition
- Playing matchmaker: Condiments in foods
- Baking your own bread
- Wedding cakes: The bigger the better?
- How to plan a diet that works
- How to make the perfect cocktail
- A quick guide to wine tasting
- Junk food: More than just a packet of chips
- Food disorders: What we can do to help
- What is better than sliced bread?
- How branding is shaping our perception of food
- Cereal, soda, and obesity
- Eggs: the most versatile food
- How to go green in our eating habits
- A practical guide to balanced eating
- Are superfoods all that they claim to be?
- How to master herbs and spices
- How to make your own pasta
- How to pair your wine with your food?
- How to plan a culinary itinerary?
- Ocean pollution and how serious the issue has become
- Organic agriculture: Why the switch is worth it
- The true impact of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Pollution laws and who it is actually protecting
- Is it over for coal?
- Plant species that have gone extinct
- Animal species that have gone extinct
- Our environment is dying and here’s why
- Water shortage across the globe
- How much of what we eat is pesticides and insecticides?
- Domestic wastes and how to better manage it
- What we can do to protect our environment?
- COVID-19 as a blessing to Mother Nature
- How a meat-based diest impacts the environment
- How to preserve finite resources?
- How we are contributing to global pollution
- How Global Warming is coming for us
- How corporations are destroying our environment
- Are rainforests going extinct?
- Genetically modified crops: Boon or curse?
- How would life adjust without electricity?
- 3D printers have been a game-changer
- Evolution of computer programming
- Gadgets I love most
- Useful websites
- The internet as a boon or curse for human interaction
- How Google became the widespread power that is is
- Choosing a digital camera
- New technologies
- Biometrics: New development or a threat to biological data?
- Pros and cons of going electric
- How do 3D glasses work?
- Violence and Video Games: Is this still a thing?
- Evolution of content consumption
- How to stay safe online?
- How the content we consume makes us
- How to start a good personal inventory
- How search engines work
- Social Networking
- The Evolution of video games
- VR gaming: Blurring the line of reality
- The downside of smartphones
- Pros and Cons of Smartphones
- Is freedom of speech real over the Internet?
- How technology has compromised our safety
- Are blogs the new diaries?
- How to build better credit
- What you need to know about online banking security
- Is your money safe?
- Taxing the rich: Is that the solution?
- The best investment tactics
- How to beat the market
- How to get a credit card
- Price hike in the agricultural field
- Where does our currency come from?
- The ever-increasing cost of education
- How education affects economy
- Economic impacts of people growing their own foods
- Why you need to save money
- How to eat well on just $5 a day?
- The budgeting secret you’ve needed all your life
- How to get along with your roommate
- Some inexpensive places to take your date
- What to do when your roommate moves out
- Being Confident.
- Believing in Yourself.
- Breaking Bad Habits.
- Being Optimistic in Life.
- Being a Positive Talker.
- Types of birth control
- How to fall for the right person
- Choosing the right tires for your car
- How to perform a magic trick
- How a single parent upbringing affects the child
- How to build your own brand?
- How to achieve Goals
- How Does Self-motivation Work?
- Different leadership styles and how they help employee productivity
- Handling Responsibility
- Importance of Discipline
- Importance of Meditation
- Powerful Communication
- The most dangerous jobs
- Should assisted suicide be legalized?
- The secret for a lasting marriage
- How to grow your own home garden
- How to retain good employees
- How to recognize toxic behaviors
- How to master negotiations
- Become a more persuasive speaker
- The benefits of reading every day
- Differences in male and female communication
- Muscle cars
- Antique collecting
- Dog training
- My first job
- Overcoming conflict
- Favorite place
- My favorite food
- Airplane stunts
- Model railroading
- Roadside attractions
- Multi-Level marketing
- Why are smiles contagious
- Is it love or simply a habit?
- Interesting world records
- Favorite TV Shows
- The Welfare system
- City planning
- Reality TV shows
- Coin collecting
- Ice cream making
- Reality of a dream
- What winners do to win?
- Near-death experiences
- The beauty of wolves
- Funeral oration
- Pesticide use in agriculture
- How to change a flat tire
- How to drive a stick shift
What to include in informative speech?
Know what to include in an informative speech.
Usually, an informative speech contains an introduction, an informative body, and a meaningful and convincing conclusion. You have to follow the format one after another.
While working on the introduction part, you have to be clean to draw the attention of the audience. Generally, an introduction is a gateway to the key points.
The way you present the introduction part of the speech can influence the audience. It should have a clear relationship between the presenter and the topic.
Add some interesting example that attracts them and does not get bored. Focusing more on the body, develop the speech. Make sure your audiences will listen with an interest from the start.
While delivering an informative speech, the body should harmonize the main points. It must also present the information. Better follow the given time limit and convey information in an understandable way. This makes the audience convenient to engage and understand.
You need to think about a comfortable and natural way of presenting the speech. This way your speech gets appreciated by the audience. Here, the presenter should reveal a vibrant interest or desire for the topic. Keep the correct eye contact. The advancement from one point to another should not look uncomfortable.
In the conclusion part, do not forget to summarize your previous points. The main goal of the conclusion is to end with the main points of the speech. This will set your information in the mind of audiences. The ending should be the medium speaker signals the speech is heading towards an end.
For your ease, here are some samples that can be helpful for efficient informative speech.
How to write informative speech?
1) pick up the the topic.
The informative speech should cover all the procedures and ideas focusing on the topic. Better to start with a larger image and convincing points that you are confident to speak on.
Spend some time on the speech that builds up the confidence to deliver the speech. Prepare and come with a long-tail list. This benefits you with more choices to improve the speech that you love to present.
For example, if you like traveling, you might have lots of interesting travel experiences. You will feel comfortable speaking on that topic. Also, you love researching more on the topic of your interest.
You can show it, saying you need to research more on the topic to pursue your aim. This makes your speech and subject influential.
First of all, find out the time you take to cover the topic and focus on completing the speech within the allocated time.
Pick up the particular purpose of the speech to direct the attention of your audience.
Think about making your speech influential. Only delivering the important speech is not going to help to attract your audiences.
Be precise with the topic, do not move away from the topic. Suppose, you are speaking on the National animal of a country.
Focus on the topic of national animals, do not divert your speech explaining more about the country. Your speech may look meaningless.
Deep research and understanding of the topic make your speech more remarkable and appealing.
Better focus on a particular topic that you can express without too much work. If you try to speak about an unfamiliar topic, you might be in trouble later. Better pick up the topic workable for you to speak.
2) Research on the topic
One of the rules to write an informative speech is -Know your subject. Carry out your research with proper understanding and honesty. You can do this by utilizing trustworthy resources to write the notes.
While gathering research elements, divide the resources that you will use in the speech. Also, try to learn more about the subject area related to the topic. You may have to respond to the queries about the speech topic. Better learn the things that are helpful to answer the queries.
For an instance, you are speaking about European culture. If the audience asks about it, you should be smart enough to answer to the query.
Once you complete your research, find something new that makes your speech more effective. Instead of ignoring it, take some time to prepare it.
When preparing an informative speech on social media, you understand different things during the research. You may find the research on Social media Myth more interesting. If you have more confidence to speak on the social media myths, you can pursue it. You have done lots of research that makes you able to deliver the speech in an interesting way.
3) About writing the speech
It is ideal to expect your audiences are a little familiar with your topic. Keeping in mind, you may still deliver the background information of the related topic. Beware of the shortcuts you use while explaining the topic. Until your task says otherwise, do not rush to clarify anything.
Nobody desires to know about the actors and actresses when you are giving a speech in the movie. You do not need to provide lots of background information as they are already familiar with the topic.
List out the information you are willing to include and keep it in logical order. To carry out how to informative speech, including the reason for what you are doing and how you do it will be fine.
For example, if your speech is on preparing hamburgers, you should explain every step you carry out. Additionally, do not forget to explain how you use the ingredient for the perfect result. This makes your speech interesting.
Better elaborate on the main points to make your informative speech more interesting and informative. The common method to carry out the speech is to emerge with the key points. These key points for a speech should be in sequential order or spatial order.
This procedure helps to give a useful, informative, and engaging speech. For an instance, start the speech on My trip to Lumbini with a short introduction of Lumbini. Then, your experience while visiting Lumbini and conclude with summarizing them.
The introduction is the main gateway to your speech. It should take the attention of audiences and let them understand what you are talking about. Usually, if your speech is long or complicated, make sure to provide the points you aim to cover.
Better start the speech with interesting jokes or quotes related to your topic. Make sure you will not speak out of the topic. This will be useful to build a strong connection between your speech and the audience. Yet, it might go wrong if you prefer unpleasant statements or meaningless jokes.
For an instance, starting the speech as “I just came from the universe” might sound weird. This can make your speech boring and unimpressive. Better try some relevant sentences and speech.
The conclusion should sum up the key points of your speech. Better conclude the speech with your opinion. The audience usually remembers the first and last things they hear.
Thus, be sure, you are in the right sequence to deliver your message to your audiences. It will help to start and conclude your speech with some essential memorizing messages.
Attempt to put your conclusion into the introduction. Emerging with a complete circle provides will make your speech in the heart of your audience.
For an instance, you used some precise jokes or quotes making the speech impressive. If your movie speech started with a story about an actor struggling to make his career.
It might sound useless and inappropriate with the topic. So, talk about the thing that is necessary and appropriate.
4) Practicing your speech
Practice makes us perfect so make enough time to practice your speech. Include or cut off the points as necessary.
Try completing your speech in the precise time. Even if you are not assigned the time limitation, do not make the speech long and boring. You might not know this while delivering the speech. Better think about it earlier than you give the speech.
If you are speaking for some event, be sure that it does not cross the time limitation. Audiences might get your speech boring if you take a too long time or you may have to end with an incomplete speech. So, be sure that it works according to the time.
While presenting in a mass of people, you might f try to end the speech instantly. You may also speak quickly and in that way, audiences might not understand you.
To be sure the audiences enjoy what you present, attempt to slow down. Better use, video recorder while practicing. This way you can analyze your speech by yourself. It will be effective if you point out the mistakes and work to fix that.
Try to include dramatic pauses to make your speech more attractive. Dramatic pauses can strike a particular bit of information providing the audience time to reflect.
Best speakers use them carefully with great consequence. You have to be alert about the list of information. Make some time to practice after you list out the information.
You might be nervous to present in front of a huge mass of people. So, try practicing in front of your friend. This makes you able to build confidence.
Being nervous will mess up your speech. Better prepare well by working with your friends. Get feedback from them as an audience and work on the drawbacks. If you go with the wrong plan then recover from the mistake. This gives you the strength to deliver an interesting speech.
So, these are some effective ways to write informative speeches. Following these points will help to deliver an interesting speech.
Tips for Informative Speech
Now, let us proceed towards the tips to make your informative speech more efficient
While presenting in front of lots of people, it is likely to get nervous. When you get nervous, you try to complete the speech by talking quickly.
This might make the speech confusing and unimpressive. Think about it, while practicing try to slow down and make your speech clear and loud.
Even if you are good at writing the speech, it will not be effective unless you speak clearly. If you mumble while speaking, it might sound unclear. So, practice more and more until you speak clearly and comprehensibly.
You are most likely good at informative speech but you might not realize that. You can speak with your parents and friends about different topics of your interest. This builds up your confidence to speak in public.
If you are having a problem deciding on the topic of your speech, get help from the internet. There, you can find lots of websites with a list of prospective and interesting topics.
Or else, you can also think about the time you spend the most. For an instance, you spend most of your time cooking. Talk about cooking the dishes that you are proficient at.
Your outline plays a significant role to help you take your speech in an organized way. Yet, you should not take it lightly.
When you work on the speech, you might get that some points mentioned in the outline is unnecessary. You can add essential points and remove the points which you do not need. As outline helps to find necessary points, do it properly.
Persuasive and informative speeches are two different things. You should know that. Persuasive speech is convincing while informative speech gives information about a particular topic.
Simple ways to approach an informative speech
Think about your audience. This is the most challenging as the speaking circumstances, forums, and topics can vary. Before presenting the speech, analyze who your audiences are? Why are they present in your speech? Focusing on these details, you can explore the best ways to present your speech.
If you are speaking about lung cancer, you should know its basics as well. Some audiences might not understand the depth.
So start your speech from the basics. Do not presume that audiences are familiar with the background of your topic. Again, do not assume they do not know. This is the main reason, knowing the audience is essential. Besides, it depends on the situation of the speech.
Use proper language. Speak the language that audiences desire to listen to. You deliver the speech with the goal to provide useful information to the audience.
If audiences do not understand what you speak, the speech becomes useless. The main target of an informative speech is to give knowledge about a particular topic.
If you can explain well the topic in simple language better use it. Try to make the speech simple and understandable.
Do not rush to complete the speech quickly. Instead, think about educating your audiences with your speech. Explain the term if necessary.
Understanding the time flow of the speech will be helpful to make your speech effective. Speakers should create a link between their topic and the interest of audiences.
Here describe the significance of the topic. Also, express the main points with some interesting examples and quotes.
A speaker confessing their own experience encourages the audiences to share the same interest.
To become a good speaker, you have to be clear and concise at first. Spend lots of time on simple concepts instead of the harder ones.
Since giving many examples to prove a single point might not work well. This way your audiences may find your speech boring.
Better, explore some new ideas and prepare the topic well. Try to provide detailed information. Most of the audience gets influenced by details and descriptive presentation.
Try practicing using audio or visuals if possible. They help to find out your mistake. You can improve after you know where the mistake is.
Additionally, informative speech can be effective with demo presentation and visual support. So, using them properly helps to deliver your speech in a proper way.
The above-mentioned topics and tips for informative speech should help you prepare and deliver a powerful informative speech. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please let me know in the comment below.
Oct 11, 2019
Informative Speech Topics for 2019: Make a wise choice
Delivering informative speeches is a very important part of any student’s academic life. In fact, informative speeches are an integral element of any professional journey. Before we leap into the topic at hand, and discuss the top informative speech topics for 2019, we first need to understand what informative speech means. To put it simply, informative speech refers to any speech, anecdote, address or monologue that is rich in data. As opposed to other forms of presenting one’s views and opinions, an informative speech is backed with reliable and relevant information. An informative speech is a perfect balance between data, research, statistics, own perspectives, all coming together to enrich the audience’s knowledge. The objective is to communicate to the audience, original and interesting information. Therefore, most informative speech topics for 2019 revolve around themes which have sufficient factual data to back them.
Since the aim of informative speeches is to add to the knowledge of the audience, it must knit all facts and data into a story which is interesting to attend to. Simply presenting statistics and data research without plausible explanations is not an informative speech. Neither is just blabbering about one’s thoughts and opinions without any factual support. Thus, informative speech topics for 2019 will focus on data backed themes on which you and others can form and share your opinions. An informative speech is distinctly different from a convincing speech. The objective of the former is to present factual data and explanations. The latter, on the other hand, focuses more on personal opinions and seeks to shift the audience mindset in its support. Informative speech topics simply seek to augment the audience’s knowledge and do not focus on building opinions.
How to Write an Informative Speech
Consider the topic of deforestation for instance. An informative speech on deforestation must begin with deconstructing the term elucidating its scientific meaning or decoding the ‘What’ of the topic at hand. Invariably, a range of contending definitions must be presented to the audience to help them get a comprehensive understanding of the definition. The next section must focus on the reasons because of which deforestation takes place. The objective is to understand the ‘Why’ of the topic. Undoubtedly, there are a plethora of reasons behind deforestation. An informative speech must consist of only those factors which have supporting data to prove their applicability. Once the meaning is clear, one must delve deep into understanding the impact of deforestation. This section of an informative speech must have ample statistics to showcase how deforestation is impacting different stakeholders across the planet. The objective is not to talk about deforestation from a moral perspective to decide whether it is right or wrong. Rather, the aim is to help the audience learn about the realities of deforestation. Finally, the concluding section must summarize all the findings of the informative speech in a concise manner to help the audience recall what was presented.
What is important to remember before delivering any informative speech topics for 2019 is that the topic should be the king. While it is important to consider all aspects of the broader theme, one should not digress from the topic at hand. Therefore, it is very important to understand which parts, points or sections should be concise, and which ones should be elaborate. Let us again take for example Deforestation. In case the topic is “How deforestation is deteriorating human life,” the focus should be on the ill- effects of deforestation with robust data of the negative impact. Other factors like its need, the process, etc should just be touched upon. Now that we have a clear understanding of what an informative speech is and how it can be effective, let us have a look at the top informative speech topics for 2019-
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Education
- Importance of education for professional growth
- Lesson to learn from outside the classroom
- Benefits of E-learning
- E-learning vs classroom learning
- What is the future of education
- Should teachers and students connect on social media
- Should schools give homework
- How to ace your college with online learning
- Theory or practice- Which is the right measure for success
- Different forms of learning and teaching
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Technology
- Impact of artificial intelligence on learning
- How IoT will change the way we work
- Cybersecurity concerns for students
- Cryptocurrency and future of finance
- How machine learning is different from artificial intelligence
- Virtual reality to boost effective teaching
- Importance of learning how to code
- Cloud computing and storage
- Collaboration between humans and robots
- Hardware vs software
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Science
- Understanding evolution of the human race
- Applying chemistry at home
- The contributions of Einstein
- Greatest findings in astrophysics
- Charles darwin’s contribution to Science
- How our brain functions
- Understanding the food chain
- Comparing reptiles and mammals
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on School
- Private vs public schools: what to choose
- Benefits of co-curricular activities
- The importance of discipline
- Lack of life skills learning at schools
- How to prevent cyberbullying in schools
- Boys and girls should be taught in separate classrooms.
- High School will be the best time of your life.
- Boys are lazier than girls.
- All students should wear school uniform
- Bunking classes: Right or wrong
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Business
- How to expand your business
- Ways to start your business
- Aligning your passion and business goals
- Importance of marketing in business growth
- Financial planning for businesses
- How to create a powerful brand
- How to drive customer loyalty
- Motivating your employees
- Employee engagement and success
- How to multiply your turnover
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Environment
- Greenhouse effect in 2019: Advantages and disadvantages
- Impact of global warming
- Individual steps to save the environment
- Melting of icebergs and polar caps
- World environment day
- Ill- effects of deforestation
- Climate change is real
- Reduce, reuse, recycle
- Importance of energy efficiency
- Sustainable development for the future
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Health
- Technology and healthcare
- Impact of food consumption on health
- Psychological disorders: causes and impact
- Treatment of chronic ailments
- Importance of a balanced diet
- Taking depression seriously
- Advantages and disadvantages of home remedies
- Importance of sleep
- Effects of substance abuse on physical and psychological health
- Power of sports and physical fitness for mental health
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Communication
- What is body language
- How to convey your message without words
- Importance of storytelling
- Tips to communicate effectively
- Communicative disorders
- What are the qualities of a persuasive speaker
- How to deliver a great speech
- How to overcome speech disorders
- Improving interpersonal communication
- How to present in front of a class
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Sports
- Importance of sports in mental development
- Joining a college sports team
- Are sports a waste of team
- Playing for your country: Few tips
- Advantages of engaging in sports during college
- Most famous athletes
- Understanding sportsman spirit
- Sports as a means to team building
- Important lessons from sports
- Successful women in sports
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Travel
- The rise of women solo travels
- Backpacking through Europe: Points to remember
- How to find most affordable holiday packages
- Getting student bargains for vacations
- Seven wonders of the world
- How to ensure safety during travel
- Most popular trekking trails
- AirBnB vs conventional hotels: What to choose?
- Travelling through flights for the first time
- Travelling essentials
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Entrepreneurship
- Rise of entrepreneurship
- Qualities of an entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurship or corporate job: Which way to go?
- Entrepreneurship with a social impact
- Exponential growth of startups: Reasons and impact
- Incentives to becoming an entrepreneur
- Challenges to entrepreneurship
- Importance of entrepreneurship for economic growth
- What it takes to become an entrepreneur
- Comparing entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Gender
- Bridging the gap between public and private
- Fighting patriarchy
- Women’s rights in the 21st century
- Understanding gender and sex
- Most powerful women leaders
- Women in business
- Women’s role in economic development
- Challenges to women’s economic participation
- Top qualities of women changemakers
- Mentoring as a means to women’s leadership development
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Social Media
- Pros and cons of using social media
- How to build a great LinkedIn profile
- Using social media to promote a cause
- Using social media for networking
- Social media as a means to professional development
- The era of twitter: the good and the bad
- Negative impact of social media
- The right age to join social media
- Understanding different social media platforms
- Has social media killed in person conversations
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Innovation
- Innovation and economic growth
- Innovation cannot be a selfish pursuit
- How to convert your innovative idea into reality
- What defines a successful innovation
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Does innovation promote development
- Is innovation overhyped
- Innovation as a means to solving national problems
- Creative problem solving
- Top pillars of successful innovation
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Economy
- Importance of taxes
- Impact of economic growth on national prosperity
- Do social evils obscure economic growth
- Impact of political decisions on economic growth
- Balancing demand and supply for economic growth
- Mapping the economic growth of USA
- Investing in stock market
- Understanding the inputs to GDP
- Education for economic development
- Economic development and industrial revolution
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Financial Management
- How to manage your taxes
- Attending college on a budget
- Top scholarships to aim for
- Applying for student loans: Tips
- How to earn while studying
- Top investing options for students
- Furnishing an apartment inexpensively
- Making the right investment choice
- How to earn more credit
- Learning mobile and investment banking
- The great depression
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Moral Values
- Why is it wrong to discriminate
- What are your guiding values
- What is the importance of freedom of expression
- Why is it important to respect elders
- Learning moral values in school
- Application of moral values in real life
- Importance of family in one’s life
- Respecting every religion
- How to fight for justice
- Consequences of discrimination
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Psychology
- Understanding sympathy and empathy
- Different personality traits
- The impact of social conditions on behaviour
- Overt and covert behaviour
- How to develop sensitivity
- Understanding psychological disorders
- Evolution of psychology
- Branches of psychology
- Relationship between psychology and other disciplines
- Importance of career counselling for college students
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Career
- Top career options for 2019
- How to choose the right career for you
- Which stream to opt for to pursue your career
- Top career options for humanities and social sciences
- Top career options for science
- Top career options for commerce
- Tips for a successful career
- How to land your dream internship
- How to prepare for your first interview
- Writing the perfect resume and cover letter
Top 10 informative speech topics for 2019 on Politics
- The best form of government
- Elections in a democracy
- Politics and red tapism
- Socialism vs capitalism
- The era of liberalization, privatization and globalization
- How free trade agreement works
- Impact of politics on economy
- Political unrest in India
- Different approaches to law making
- Role of women in politics
If you are a student and wish to speak on any of the top informative speech topics for 2019, get in touch with TutorBin today. Our panel of subject matter experts will curate informative speeches for you full of facts and figures to help you put your point across.
More from TutorBin
Your Study Buddy Thoughout Your University Life
About Help Terms Privacy
Get the Medium app
Text to speech
Fun Informative Speech Topics · Can procrastination be good for you? · Myth or reality? We only use 10% of our brains · The funniest commercials of all time
Informative Speech Topic Ideas · Is mercy killings ethical? · Should gay couples be allowed to adopt? · Assisted suicides should be legalized · Corruption in the
Set 3 - Ten informative topics: medical, criminal, historical · the day the music died · history of makeup · increase in childhood obesity (example informative
How does sugar influence human body? Why is child obesity such a common issue today? Should food culture be a part of the educational process in high school or
List of Informative Speech Topics. Animals; Automotive; Business; Communication; Current Events; Economy; Education; Environment; Ethics; Family
Creative Informative Speech Topics · Can we make electricity from biosources to fuel cities? · How do you think Elon Musk can revolutionize space race? · How to
Prolonged exposure to music via earphones can cause tinnitus and other adverse effects: a speech topic for students. Using various examples
Fun Informative Speech Topics · Everyone is a photographer these days. · Lying without getting caught is a talent. · Every good girl is attracted
Informative Speech Topics in Health and Medicine: Medicines from nature; Memory loss; How the brain works; Mental illnesses; Fast food culture; Drug laws; Basic
Delivering informative speeches is a very important part of any student's academic life. ... Let us again take for example Deforestation.